What I mean is:  You're just going along,  and then you get a craving for, say, drama's with Detectives, and so for like, 2 months ( or any other frame) you ONLY watch drama's about detectives, and then, all of a sudden, you just, dont want to watch any more detectives, but you do want to watch, say, drama's with Princess Type character, so THATS all you watch for a while?

Yes, I go through that phase where all I want to watch is a thriller/crime drama, then all of a sudden I'll want one with romance, etc

When starting out with dramas, I mostly went through genre binges, like all rom-coms or all thrillers, but this theme binge has actually started happening to me recently! For some reason I've been all about doctors the last couple weeks, which is strange since  I typically don't watch any medical shows. Before that it was about ghosts. I'm starting to get tired of doctors now though. Not sure what will be next or if this theme bingeing will continue. Neat to hear that others do it too!

Yassss. I am currently in a binge rut. I am not feeling the usual Rom com but I can get a feel for what I want. :/

Yes, theme binges, actor binges,  and even language binges.  Especially after a really good drama, I just want to watch something similar.