What are some of your favorite hidden gem dramas that went under the radar for the masses? Mine is probably "Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo".  This was a ratings bomb in Korea, but I'm pretty sure that was only because it aired during the same run as two big hits: "Legend of the Blue Sea" and "Goblin". The show is so good! Adorable coming of age drama and one of the few that I didn't get bored watching. 

The other one I liked was "Blood". It got low ratings and despite the fact that the story went a bit insane in the last few episodes, overall I really liked the show and the vampire doctor stuff I thought was really cool.

How about you?

Time between dog and wolf! 

This one is such an Amazing drama with both Lee Joon Gi and Jung Kyung Ho. It's for anyone who loves crime action dramas with complex characters, pretty much the best drama out there in that genre (in my opinion) It makes me sad that dramas like City Hunter, Iris, Healer and Cruel City overshadow this masterpiece. I definitely Think people should check it out! It's old but gold! 

Definitely Woman of Dignity. I know it had great ratings in South Korea but I think it was pretty underrated internationally.  

I have a few of those, drms that didnt get much rating as well as attention locally or internationally. And to name  few:

A Story of a Man

Soulmate

Flowers for my Life

The end of the World

The Virus

Conspiracy of Court

Soul/Possessed

Hmm I think Holy Land counts. it was only like 4 episodes though.

Panda and Hedgehog ... doesn't seem to popular but I loved it :D

My Girl

Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day

Ikigami: The Ultimate Limit

Joker Game

Yamada Taro Monogatari

9 ends 2 outs

scarlet heart ryeo (although it's popular internationally but  it was both a critical and commercial failure in Korea) 

asuko march  

Weightlifting fairy

Well recently finished 'Package' was with very low rating but it definitely worth watching.  No family or second lead quibble., fast-paced and beautiful scenery. A sure-shot real life drama. 

Soumya:

9 ends 2 outs

scarlet heart ryeo (although it's popular internationally but  it was both a critical and commercial failure in Korea) 

asuko march  

Weightlifting fairy

Asuko march was heartwarming 

Kwekwe:

Definitely Woman of Dignity. I know it had great ratings in South Korea but I think it was pretty underrated internationally.  

agreed! I loved that drama :D 

I love this topic, I always discover other gems while reading!

9 End 2 Outs - one of the most underrated dramas in my opinion, but everything is great. The storyline developes in a natural way and its contents are quite original as well. Not everyday you find a drama where the leads start as friends and the transition isn't weird.

What's Up Fox? - one of my all time favorites. It's refreshing, the leads are both headstrong and with their own principles. The story develops nicely, not too much drama that would get on your nerves. Also the chemistry between Go Hyun Jung and Chun Jung Myung makes sparks fly!

The Vigilantes in Masks - if you are craving a wuxia look no further and start watching this. I recommend this drama every chance I get, it's amazing. I love all the characters and how different they are from each other. It has everything, form action to romance and depth.

Divorce Lawyer in Love - this drama really didn't get much love when it aired. But in reality is a better romcom and drama then other more popular ones. 

Jiu - Another really well hidden gem. It has suspense, action and all wrapped in 9 episodes. The female characters are strong, with their own characteristics. It had me on edge for the entire course!

Maids - again an overlooked drama.  It was lost in the sea of other historical pieces and because there were no very popular actors in it none give it a chance. But I am sure you will not regret if you watch it. I loved the female lead, how she developed through out the story and how the environment changed her!

Mirai Nikki - what is so good about this drama is that it's so short. But that doesn't mean that it isn't complex, think about it as drinking a strong espresso in one go. Not many people watched it and I find that to be a pity. So don't wait any longer and give it a try!

The End of the World: medical zombie apocalypse drama; despite the episode cut (because it tanked so bad even by cable standard), it's very satisfying overall--interesting premise, solid acting, good production value

Merry Mary: must've been one of the most hilarious romcoms I've ever seen; what I like the most about this drama is that it never took itself seriously--the downside is, it might be too "out there" for many people

Ruler of Your Own World: probably one of the best melodramas I've ever watched, it actually felt painfully real rather than melodramatic; the drama was met with moderate success during its original run in South Korea, but since it was released in 2002, the same year as that Hallyu phenomenon Winter Sonata, it remains under the radar for most international fans

By the way, I agree with Aya97. I love this thread. I've never heard a couple of dramas mentioned here. Keep 'em coming, guys

I agree with some of you who wrote  "9 End 2 Outs". "History of a Salaryman" is also good but really underrated.