Anybody heard of this thing and how it will effect our dramas cause I use dramafever, Netflix, Crunchyroll, Viki. I am sure some ppl use kissasian if nobody can find dramas but I am mostly worried about no watching this pretty cure series the recent one. I am a Bing watcher too i don't know how this will effect our community on watching things

I wonder about that myself, too. It seems like we all might have to get VPN's and bypass the weird rules that internet companies are likely to implement. I'm sure we will all figure out how to keep watching. Even in North Korea now they have been able to bypass censors to watch South Korean dramas. Fighting!

That would be a disaster if it affected my watching

I'm still very unfamiliar w/ the FULL details of it. But if they do "throttle" or censor what I do with my internet, I'd be so pissed off. 

I'm a little confused about the details too, but as far as I've heard, I think it's about slowing down our internet speeds on certain sites and completely blocking others. What I really don't like is how majority of Americans are against repealing net neutrality , yet it's still might happen.

I don't understand how we're a democracy but when the citizens vote on something, whoever has power/money can appeal the laws. It happened to us in Hawaii, in Maui County. The voters wanted to ban the use of harmful pesticides and GMO products, I think it won by landslide, almost 80% of voters wanted to ban. But several months after, they rescinded the act saying "federal trump state levels." OMG. 

I also can't believe that they would consider censoring certain websites! That's very communist, but we're so against communists, right?! >:(

Kimberly:

I don't understand how we're a democracy but when the citizens vote on something, whoever has power/money can appeal the laws. It happened to us in Hawaii, in Maui County. The voters wanted to ban the use of harmful pesticides and GMO products, I think it won by landslide, almost 80% of voters wanted to ban. But several months after, they rescinded the act saying "federal trump state levels." OMG. 

I also can't believe that they would consider censoring certain websites! That's very communist, but we're so against communists, right?! >:(

Yeah, it's heartbreaking. Essentially, big money'd interests have had a stranglehold on policy making, and this was really broken wide open in 2010 with the Citizen United which makes it so legally,  big money'd interests can spend as much as they wants funding candidates. 

As such, the politicians they fund end up serving them directly... hence the internet company lobbies have been able to get through the killing of net neutrality. And taken the interests of the people all but off the table. Heck, the head of the FCC flat out admitted that public opinion doesn't matter to him on the net neutrality vote. 

The most important thing we can do is to vote, encourage everyone to vote, and not to blame everyone on the other side of the aisle, and engage in the political system as much as possible and hold them accountable. 

I'm sure Dramafever will be fine, but it may be a huge pain when a drama we want to watch doesn't get an official release as the kissasian type sites will get screwed. 

Personally, I prefer to pay the modest 5 bucks a month for the service so I always get consistent HD quality and I still support the korean entertainment industry.... I don't like the idea of paying NOTHING for entertainment that lots of people spent lots of  money and time working on, but sometimes I've had no choice like for "live up to your name" which had no official release in North America of any kind as of yet. 

I think I might be lucky, if the net neutrality gets repealed, but only because I have a small, locally owned ISP. It is the big mega ISPs that will be benifitting from it. Comcast, especially. 

The whole issue really pisses me off, though. It's so dirty and underhanded. I don't see, at this point, how it will get set back, though. Too many people are speaking out against it and making a huge deal out of it. If it still gets rolled back, it would be in direct opposition to what the public wants and I just don't think that would sit well with the majority of us.

There's been such a backlash but no-one at the top seems to be listening. They'll carry on doing whatever they want anyway and force most US citizens into buying VPNs or even VPSs overseas to combat the problem. In the end it may be that the major service providers in the US realise the way to get more customers is to have set packages at lower prices, and that will certainly get them customers again. However, when your competition only gives customers a certain bandwidth and speed, you only have to beat it by a tiny amount to poach customers from them.

I'm in the UK and I have to have a VPN or I can't get anything that my ISPs block (like HK drama sites) - but they can't (yet) deliberately slow my speeds or force me to pay for 'add-ons' or extras to make things faster. 

So far I'm lucky.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For Japanese drama fans, this means THE END.

;___________________;

Well Viki and Netflix get Japanese dramas but not every Japanese drama is easy to find since kdramas seems more out there 

Well. They voted, and it's dead now. Time to turn to VPNs.