2018 Watch Challenge Discussion

This discussion has been closed.

Hessa Volunteer Staff

This is the discussion thread for the 2018 Watch Challenge. You can discuss whatever you want about the challenge but DON'T INCLUDE ANY SPOILERS. Also, you can ask for recommendations over here.

FAQ

• Can I add something I started watching in 2017 but is still ongoing?
    • No, only add things started during the challenge period.

• I don't have a favorite actor, director, or screenwriter. What can I do?
    • Go to your favorite drama/movie and see who is the actor, director, or screenwriter and watch one of their other works.

• Is the Challenge for Korean dramas/movies only?
    • No, you can watch dramas/movies from any country.

• Can be any award be chosen for the award-winning challenge?
    • Yes, any awards work. SBS, KBS, MBC, Baeksang, etc.

• Can I list several dramas/movies for each challenge (Example: Age gap)?
    • No, only 1 will be counted. So, choose one (either drama or movies) and use it for the challenge. I will only count the first title.

• Only a few titles are listed in the links you provided?
    • I added links to tags to make things easier for you, however, you don't necessarily need to use it. Moreover, not everything is tagged, so only a few things would show up. Hopefully, as we doing the challenge, we help each other and add tags to dramas/movies we watched.

• Can you provide the code so I can copy it and keep the same format?
    • Unfortunately, copying and pasting codes in the forum is disabled. Sorry about that, nothing I can do. You can ask the admins to add the ability if you want.

• What are the single, double, and triple points?
    • They are for the point challenge. Score distribution:
      • Movies: 
        • Single = +1
        • Double = +2
        • Triple = +3
      • Drama Special (Total watch time is 1 to 4 hours):
        • Single = +1
        • Double = +2
        • Triple = +3
      • Drama (Total watch time is 5 to 24 hours) :
        • Single = +2
        • Double = +4
        • Triple = +6
      •  Drama (Total watch time is 25+ hours):
        • Single = +3
        • Double = +6
        • Triple = +9

• Can I re-watch titles instead of watching new dramas?
    • Yes.

• If I watch a title that had less than 1000 users (for the less than 1000 user challenge), but during the span of the challenge the number increased, does it count?
    • It is okay. Just add the number of users when you watched it next to the title and I'll know that the number went up after you watched it.

I'm interested in the Hard challenge but is it even possible to find a drama from the 1950s'?

I already found one of that time, i dont remember where though...

And we have super easy and merciless. But the descriptions are only for easy, medium and Hard.
Super Easy and Easy are included in the same division? Merciless and extremely hard are, too, included in same division?

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 YanFaisal:
And we have super easy and merciless. But the descriptions are only for easy, medium and Hard.
Super Easy and Easy are included in the same division? Merciless and extremely hard are, too, included in same division?

Those are for the point calculation. 

If you watch something from easy, for example, "Watch a drama/movie about age gap romance." You would get:

• +1 if you watch a movie
  • +1 if you watch a drama Special (1 to 4 episodes)
  • +2 if you watch a drama (5 to 24 episodes) 
  •  +3 if you watch a drama (25+ episode)

Hard

Classics

5. ( ) Watch a drama/movie from the 1900s.

Should this Read 1990s. 

Points?

So if I pick Hard or higher, I score myself points based on the level selected? I assume that if I don’t achieve this level I will have to re-evaluate my points.

Since the question was asked, Raredoramas has lots of old series and movies. Many of them subbed. 

Thanks for all the effort, Hessa! I'm looking forward to participating in the new challenge.

For #5 in the Classics section, is it supposed to say 1900s (as it looks now) or 1990s? Thought that might have been a typo. Edit: whoops, DarylJ asked the same question as I was typing haha!

Hessa:

Those are for the point calculation. 

If you watch something from easy, for example, "Watch a drama/movie about age gap romance." You would get:

• +1 if you watch a movie
  • +1 if you watch a drama Special (1 to 4 episodes)
  • +2 if you watch a drama (5 to 24 episodes) 
  •  +3 if you watch a drama (25+ episode)

So if i set super easy as my difficult, and accumulate 10 points, i complete my challenge?

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 DarylJ:
Should this Read 1990s. 

I fixed it. Thanks.

DarylJ:
So if I pick Hard or higher, I score myself points based on the level selected?

No. The difficulty is different from the points. 

Difficulty = how many titles you will watch

Point =  Ration of drama to movies you watch. The more dramas you watch the more points you have.

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 YanFaisal:

So if i set super easy as my difficult, and accumulate 10 points, i complete my challenge?

Points are not related to difficulties. Points are for a separate optional challenge (to see who gets the highest score). If you watch 10 things you complete the Super Easy difficulty.

I edited the challenge, hopefully, it is easier now.

I have some dramas in my currently watching. If i complete them in 2018, can they count to my score?

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 YanFaisal:

I have some dramas in my currently watching. If i complete them in 2018, can they count to my score?

Nope, you can only add titles you started in 2018.

In 2017 I set my goal to watch a movie and a drama in all categories. I may try this again. I don’t think it would be fair to count points for each, but to take the higher score. What do others think?

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 DarylJ:

In 2017 I set my goal to watch a movie and a drama in all categories. I may try this again. I don’t think it would be fair to count points for each, but to take the higher score. What do others think?

I counting points for people who want to compete in the challenge. Since some find it unfair that some users only watch movies and complete the challenge easily. That is why the point challenge is a challenge for people to watch more dramas instead of movies.

On the sign-up form, is it possible to have a line for "completed drama specials at sign-up" since the turn-in form has it?

Hessa Volunteer Staff

I was going to remove it but I forgot. No need for number at sign-up.

zaylia:

On the sign-up form, is it possible to have a line for "completed drama specials at sign-up" since the turn-in form has it?