There’s this girl I’m interested in, I met her through A Foreign Affair, she’s from Bangkok,

Thailand and she barely speaks English.

The services of AFA has provided a free translator and have been translating for us.

When we had our first call it was a bit awkward… but she’s still someone I’m interested in. 

I’m just a bit worried about how genuine her words really are. Let’s be honest, translations

aren’t as accurate as we want them to be. So, now I am thorn. I want to know more about her

because she seems to be a real sweetheart but at the same time, I can’t be completely sure

about how we will be able to talk to each other, especially when things work out between us.

What should I do? I really need some advice and help!!! Should I still continue and try my luck with her?

Advice please!

Hi~ I'm from Belarus, so I am Russian native speaker, as well as my family.  And we have quite romantic story in our family.
About 10 years ago my uncle were in Germany and he met a woman. He fall in love by first sight, and it's not a joke, because they did not say a word to each other. When he returned home (homeland), he could not forget this girl, so he turned to his friends, whom he had visited during his stay in Germany. They knew this girl and helped him to contact her with paper letters. With the help of a friend-translator they communicated for a while, because my uncle did not speak German. And all the time that they communicated, he tried to learn German himself, because he really liked that girl. And all that time she learned Russian.
Now they're both live in Germany and I have nice german aunt and bilingual cousin, who is 7.
To sum it all up, the language barrier is not a barrier to love, same as the distance between people.

lol. im starting to be suspicious of this a foreign affair. sounds like marketing :)

why not learn a bit of thai language then? i mean if you are interested in her and want to get to know, then why dont you try to that ??

stop talking to her , try it with me. :P