Hello,

Kinda currious if there are also Male Fans like me of drama.Seems like every profile i visit is Female audiance!.

Find it also always funny when i read comments and reviews people always seem obsessed with Male leads while im the complete opposite. My crazyness is always for the female cast xD.Then again aslong if the drama is good i dont care how they look like lol.

For sure male audiance are more rough on male actors aslong if they are not gay offcourse lawl :D.Like i tend to hate male actors which females might adore and fall inlove with.
Its kinda funny how a drama can be still good aslong if the actor is inside you like allot.
Anyway let me know if you are also a male k-pop/drama addict like me xD.

I am a kdrama addict but I am female.. You are correct that most women are obsessed with the male stars but that is because we are attracted to men just like men are attracted to women and also women know when the female lead is using the men since we know the tricks they use... Lol... Also dramas often write the females as weak, clumsy, dumb, loud or annoying so we get frustrated with the stereotypes and then focus on the men since their characters usually don't have those traits 

Ze zijn er. In de minderheid, dat wel. 

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/introductions/28834-males-of-mydramalist

This thread will help answer your question. Realistically, the userbase is around ~80% female, 20% male.

With that said, i'm a guy too. 

I’m one of the 20% male fans. In general, I find that Kdramas are extremely well made and very diverse in their subject matter. Also, I tend to find that the Korean actresses are much better than their male counterparts. I find many of the male leads are similar. Their are some exceptions of course!

With Jdramas I find that the male and female actors are much more on a par.  With Cdramas, again the actresses in the main seem to have a better acting range. In Tdramas it’s a bit more even regarding ability and the same for Hong Kong dramas. I’m still making my mind up about Thai dramas, but they seem to have some standout actresses as well.

Whichever way you look at it, the portrayal by an actor will always come back to the quality of the script and the direction in conjunction with the actor’s own ability.

Hehe,I just love seeing kdramas and also jdrama from time to time.I used to watch allot of anime but it kinda changed.I tried Cdrama and Tdrama before but the language is still to hard for me to get into.... Especially Chinese i feel like every character that talks is out of sync or it feel dubbed lol even though its their own language..I should just give it some more tries sometime.

Good to see some more male fans though! in the end we just do what we enjoy anyway.I wouldnt stop watching drama for anything! its to much fun xD.

I watch all Rom-Con related stuff too! Maybe im just a sensitive little boy from the inside haha :D.

A lot of people I know have converted their boyfriends to  be Asian drama watchers. 

I'm Filipina living in the Philippines and one story I found that put a smile on my face came from someone I work with. Her aunt in the US asked her to look for merchandise featuring Enrique Gil and Liza Soberano. Her cousin's boyfriend (who has no Filipino ancestry) became a fanatic of the teleserye Forevermore while hanging out at their house.  Said cousin was never a fan of the show so the boyfriend and the aunt watched it together on The Filipino Channel.  Some people catch the Asian drama bug in unexpected ways, I guess. 

I'm a guy too. I've been into Asian dramas just recently, specifically Kdramas and lakorns. I'm a newbie and just started last year. For most of my life, I've always been into American series but I realized that Asians create much better romantic series, particularly romcoms which are my favorite so I decided to jump the Kdrama bandwagon haha. 

I'm one of the 20% of male fans.

I started watching this year about 2 months ago. I mainly love K-Dramas. To me, C-Dramas & TW-Dramas are also good.

I watch k-dramas for many years now but nobody knows about it :D Not friends, nor family.
Asian dramas are rare thing in eastern Europe,  also stereotypes are in play.  A guy has to be macho here, being sensitive or crying is not allowed. Basically I meet all local requirements to be called gay :D

I have found several drama watchers from my country in here, all female, they also assumed that I was a female by default until I told otherwise. Communication soon stopped afterwards :/

Nobody likes guys who watch dramas ;_;

I'm a male and sometimes I give hard hitting truths that can be difficult to handle for the females

HaraKara:

I watch k-dramas for many years now but nobody knows about it :D Not friends, nor family.
Asian dramas are rare thing in eastern Europe,  also stereotypes are in play.  A guy has to be macho here, being sensitive or crying is not allowed. Basically I meet all local requirements to be called gay :D

I have found several drama watchers from my country in here, all female, they also assumed that I was a female by default until I told otherwise. Communication soon stopped afterwards :/

Nobody likes guys who watch dramas ;_;

That made me laugh ! In eastern europe you get called gay if you wear pink tshirt lmaoo,try being actually gay and youll see what bullying is. We are 100 years behind everyone smh 

I am an male too, and i'm been watching K-Drama (and other asian drama) since 2016. These asian dramas are really cool and has the most magnificent stories out there.

I know a lot of asian dramas are appeal to female audiences just because drama makes female protagoinst follow male deutragoinst makes its very popular for it.

(sorry for my poor English)

I'm a male kdrama fan too and yep I watched a lot of Kim So-eun's dramas and movies purely for her, of course I liked them, but a lot of them I wouldn't have watched if it was not for her. So yeah as a straight guy I also watch more for the actresses, but its of course not a necessity, if the drama is good overall is more important. :)

There are certain dramas/movies that I started to watch because of a certain male actor too, but then its for their acting skills, and not their looks. :)

Also I never watch Western romantic stuff, I don't like it, but I do seem to really like Korean romantic drama's and movies for some reason. So often I switch between crime and more romantic dramas. :)

I had a feeling that there were more women but I didn't realize it was that skewed. 

I mainly watch J-dramas and I think the distribution there is somewhat more equitable. This is just a hunch, I may be wrong.