So, basically, in our school, there is pretty much some group work's, but I only have one friend at my class. Today, I kicked myself out of the group, in History, we had to do a PSA. And I was worry about what the, teacher will tell me since, I'm suppose to be in a group, not by working by myself. But I also know it too late to go to another group. Thoughts? 

[CLOSED]

My son ended up doing group projects by himself the last 2 years in History class since his claasmates were too rowdy and he was afraid that they would not participate and do their part if the project so he did it on his own.... He got extra credit too

To overcome loneliness I would find a sport, hobby or other activity(s) you enjoy and join a group/team so you can meet new people that have the same interests and also have fun... I am shy so I found forums on Disqus about subjects  I like (Asian  dramas) and made new friends plus learned about new actors, dramas, music and culture....I used to play softball on both co-ed and women's league teams and it was fun plus I got exercise too

Seonsaeng Community Manager

What if you just do it by yourself? The teacher simply can't give you an F for doing a good work, even if it was supposed to be a group project. He will probably tell you in a condescending way that "it was supposed to be a group project" and so on, though.

A good way to overcome loneliness is realizing you don't need other people. I mean, people around you. Humans obviously need other humans, but if people around you suck and you can't help it, why should you join them? That would not do you any good. So just be yourself, and you will eventually find people you really like and connect with. Don't be fake like most people in this world.

I think the other two replies are good advice but you also have to understand *why* your teacher made a group project. Sure, you can do it on your own, but you may get points taken off no matter how well you do because the point of teachers making group projects is to teach you about working with other people. In life, your future job may require you to colleraborate with others, even under pressure, so it is important though you might not think so now. 

Can I ask why you let yourself out of the group? My advice is to try and join another one and if you can't, see if you can get back in the one you quit. Otherwise, your grades could be affected on this and it would  be entirely fair if they are. Just do your best with the assignment in the group. Do not let the others push their work on you but do try to participate as best you can. Like I said, besides the actual project work, the other important thing, and how you will probably be graded, is how well you work in a group. 

you need to relay to your teacher that you have left your group and seek her recommendaion of either workin alone or findin another group with her assistance 

I agree wit bannie. If what you're worried about is your grade, then you should ask your teacher if it's okay to work alone or not. And if it's not, then you should definitely join another group. However, if the issue is that you feel left out and alone for not being in a group, then you should definitely join another group. Don't worry about them "judging" you for being late. Tell them that you will work hard and get it done even with time contraints (but be sure to do so!). I don't know why you decided to drop out of the group, but I once (during high school) told my teacher that none of my group members were doing their work. And...my teacher let me joined another group which consisted of hard working people. So communication with your teacher is important.

It seems to me, the idea of a group project is to allow for the interaction between individuals to build up relationships and possibly long term friendships.   How is being alone helping you in society.  Many people these days spend too much time looking into their phones, speaking in forums and not doing the most basic function of what being human is, to talk to each other face to face.  Take that extra step and approach someone  and say 'Hello, my name is...?'  You'll be surprised at the response.  Don't be afraid to have the confidence to speak up.  Most people feel loneliness at sometime in their life, but be around people who inspire you, who give you confidence and the way you do that is to form friendships.  Have a positive approach and you will then feel comfortable in finding the friends who mean the most to you.

Stevie70:

My son ended up doing group projects by himself the last 2 years in History class since his claasmates were too rowdy and he was afraid that they would not participate and do their part if the project so he did it on his own.... He got extra credit too

To overcome loneliness I would find a sport, hobby or other activity(s) you enjoy and join a group/team so you can meet new people that have the same interests and also have fun... I am shy so I found forums on Disqus about subjects  I like (Asian  dramas) and made new friends plus learned about new actors, dramas, music and culture....I used to play softball on both co-ed and women's league teams and it was fun plus I got exercise too

Hey, Stevie, thanks for the recommendation, For me, I'm also like your son, I'm afraid to work with them, because they may not do their part and also I'm afraid they wouldn't let me join their group, after all it would be a last minute change. 

Your right, I should maybe, do a sport, I guess the what wrong with me, is that I don't know how to interact with other's since, everyone has a friend or group they are already in...

Seonsaeng:

What if you just do it by yourself? The teacher simply can't give you an F for doing a good work, even if it was supposed to be a group project. He will probably tell you in a condescending way that "it was supposed to be a group project" and so on, though.

A good way to overcome loneliness is realizing you don't need other people. I mean, people around you. Humans obviously need other humans, but if people around you suck and you can't help it, why should you join them? That would not do you any good. So just be yourself, and you will eventually find people you really like and connect with. Don't be fake like most people in this world.

Hey, Seonaeng, So what happened was today, My group said they didn't kick me out, In the beginning of class I asked, the teacher if I could work alone, she said "Yes", so if they didn't want me back, I guess I could still get a decent grade. 

I always act normal towards my friends, but when it class time, I become super shy, because I don't like it when everyone is looking at  me.  I like to do project's by myself, because I can just depend on myself. 

Seonsaeng Community Manager

@Heavenly6

I completely agree with you that being alone doesn't help at all. However, how does forcibly interacting with people you don't like will help? In my opinion it is always better to plough a lonely furrow than to keep bad company.

No one needs joint projects to interact with other people and build friendships. I don't recall any instance in my life in which joint projects resulted in friendship. Maybe at the beginning of the academic year joint projects would help, but everyone in class knows each other at this point.

I think he just doesn't like his classmates. It's ok, he's introverted, not autistic. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being introverted. I am an introvert myself, I am successful, I have friends and people who love me. I barely talked with my classmates in middle and high school. I don't regret that.

"Many people these days spend too much time looking into their phones, speaking in forums and not doing the most basic function of what being human is, to talk to each other face to face."

Sad but true. Society nowadays sucks big time (pardon my French). I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the damage some technology has inflicted on human interaction.

CherryBunny:

I think the other two replies are good advice but you also have to understand *why* your teacher made a group project. Sure, you can do it on your own, but you may get points taken off no matter how well you do because the point of teachers making group projects is to teach you about working with other people. In life, your future job may require you to colleraborate with others, even under pressure, so it is important though you might not think so now. 

Can I ask why you let yourself out of the group? My advice is to try and join another one and if you can't, see if you can get back in the one you quit. Otherwise, your grades could be affected on this and it would  be entirely fair if they are. Just do your best with the assignment in the group. Do not let the others push their work on you but do try to participate as best you can. Like I said, besides the actual project work, the other important thing, and how you will probably be graded, is how well you work in a group. 

Hey CherryBunny, 

Your right, I should get use to working with other's. Since, my job may require collaboration. I will keep that in mind.

Well, what happened was, they wanted be to be one of the actor's, which I didn't want to be, but at the end give in. Later, they wanted to be the President Wife. And said that I have to hold hands with a  boy in our class. I mean, why should I be the wife? And why me? I just feel like they were targeting me since. The guy in my group just, hate's me in generally, but have to bring personal feeling's into the group work. I mean, if I  don't kick myself out, I won't know what they want me to do next. 

Today, they putted me back into the group, since they needed a girl actor... But they took the role of the wife, out. 

Thanks♥️

OliCT:

I agree wit bannie. If what you're worried about is your grade, then you should ask your teacher if it's okay to work alone or not. And if it's not, then you should definitely join another group. However, if the issue is that you feel left out and alone for not being in a group, then you should definitely join another group. Don't worry about them "judging" you for being late. Tell them that you will work hard and get it done even with time contraints (but be sure to do so!). I don't know why you decided to drop out of the group, but I once (during high school) told my teacher that none of my group members were doing their work. And...my teacher let me joined another group which consisted of hard working people. So communication with your teacher is important.

Hey OliCT, it alright now, since I'm back with my group. 

So the story was like this... ( I pasted this, since I'm too lazy to rewrite the story :P)

They wanted be to be one of the actor's, which I didn't want to be, but at the end give in. Later, they wanted to be the President Wife. And said that I have to hold hands with a  boy in our class. I mean, why should I be the wife? And why me? I just feel like they were targeting me since. The guy in my group just, hate's me in generally, but have to bring personal feeling's into the group work. I mean, if I  don't kick myself out, I won't know what they want me to do next. 

Well, the thing is Everyone in our class does their, part but the thing is they don't put much effort or time into their work. So how, can I work with them, when I don't really trust them and also I am shy, which is hard for me. 

Your riiight about the communication with the teacher., and the judging.  

Heavenly6:

It seems to me, the idea of a group project is to allow for the interaction between individuals to build up relationships and possibly long term friendships.   How is being alone helping you in society.  Many people these days spend too much time looking into their phones, speaking in forums and not doing the most basic function of what being human is, to talk to each other face to face.  Take that extra step and approach someone  and say 'Hello, my name is...?'  You'll be surprised at the response.  Don't be afraid to have the confidence to speak up.  Most people feel loneliness at sometime in their life, but be around people who inspire you, who give you confidence and the way you do that is to form friendships.  Have a positive approach and you will then feel comfortable in finding the friends who mean the most to you.

I will try your tip, your response, seem's to awaken me. 

I MUST FIND MY CONFIDENCE!

I guess, your right, I mean speaking in forums, is a lot easier, since everyone in the MDL community , is super nice, a least the one's the I interact with. (Not the people in my class, is mean.) It just, I know my class since  the benning of the middle school. So I don't really think "Hello, my name is.." is going to help, if I did say, that I think everyone think, I am a werido, or I have memory lost. 

But thank's for the reply, and taking your time to write back. 

@Seonsaeng @Shuang Shuang

You could look at this another way.  It's like... look at the people who responded to your topic. ..  say 6 to 7 people including myself.  By the way, Hello from England.

We are talking on the forum now, but we don't really know each other in person.  The internet, we all hide behind a wall, a screen.  But... if we met in real life, maybe 1 person could be an acquaintance, another a friend, the next a good friend, or a best friend.  Only by being approachable and interacting can we form friendships.  I feel as humans, we all have a sense of...understanding one another, like a connection, a feeling so to speak.  Like I would say to myself,  he would make a good friend, or this other person wouldn't.  In school, we learn to interact because we all have the same purpose, the same goal to pass our exams to reach a further goal in life.  In school our teachers are our guidance who have the ability to see our capabilities.  When I think about it...Some of our school days maybe the best times of our lives. Others will say when we become an adult we have the means to make our own choices.   We can all detach ourselves from our surroundings, sometimes it is how we approach things, such as people, is how we shape our own lives.  

About being alone.  Being socialable can be taxing sometimes, as we have to make the effort to communicate our ideas and thoughts to another who is willing to listen, and then acknowledge their response and make a decision on the outcome.

Technology, Oh let's not start that topic :)  You see it everyday, couples using their phones next to each other, if only they would actually talk to one another.

Anyway, I may have gone off topic slightly, apologies :)

PS:  For loneliness, I agree finding a number of hobbies is good.  We all deserve to be happy in whatever it is we like.

@Shuang Shuang - You're welcome :)  I couldn't quote your last message.

This is the way to look for where is my favorites bar in windows 10.