Well I'm a doctor and I can say that it's really really hard to be one. In the beginning all of us came in this field because we want to save the world and all BUT that's not what actually happens in real life.. 

You can't save everyone, you will feel helpless when you can't help them and not everyone wants to be saved.  If you are a female then you won't be respected as much as your male colleague.. You will feel frustrated, depressed and every other negative emotions that you can name. 

You won't have your own goddamn life! But inspite of all the hardships that I have faced i have never regreted my decision. So if you still want to study medicine then you are most Welcome! :) 

But be prepared because it's going to be a bumpy ride!:)

addicted doc:
Well I'm a doctor and I can say that it's really really hard to be one. In the beginning all of us came in this field because we want to save the world and all BUT that's not what actually happens in real life.. 

wad happens is u realie eeberybody jus wands 2 make money and iz a bi9 polidical 9ame

addicted doc:
You won't have your own goddamn life!

yeah so why do u do iz 

addicted doc:
But inspite of all the hardships that I have faced i have never regreted my decision.

would u do iz all ober a9ain 

Well if I wanted to make money then there are many many easy ways to do that. Why would I choose such a difficult path? Why would I study so goddamn hard to become a doctor?? 

And I don't have to explain to people like you regarding My own life and My own choices. Even if you guys point finger at me or any other doctor we will still not refuse to treat you if such a day comes in the future! 

addicted doc:
Well if I wanted to make money then there are many many easy ways to do that. Why would I choose such a difficult path? Why would I study so goddamn hard to become a doctor?? 

Exacdly

addicted doc:
And I don't have to explain to people like you regarding My own life and My own choices. Even if you guys point finger at me or any other doctor we will still not refuse to treat you if such a day comes in the future! 

lol wad is wron9 widh you, people ask you a 9ENUINE quesdion and insdead of respondin u 9ed all worked up, is dad how u dread ur padiends

bannie:

Exacdly

lol wad is wron9 widh you, people ask you a quesdion and insdead of respondin u 9ed all worked up, is dad how u dread ur padiends

Well if you can't even spell 'treat' and 'patients' and many other words then do you have a right to lecture me? 

And by the way doctors are humans too. You can't expect us to always be polite and courteous. We do get worked up. Especially after a 36 hour duty! 

addicted doc:

Well if you can't even spell 'treat' and 'patients' and many other words then do you have a right to lecture me? 

And by the way doctors are humans too. You can't expect us to always be polite and courteous. We do get worked up. Especially after a 36 hour duty! 

i am nud lecdurin you 

don look down on people who cand spell pls

and i don care if ur posd call eidher, no need 2 be an ass on an online forum if u dun wan 2 answer a 9eniune quesdion. look forward 2 hearin ur reply 2 my 9enuine quesdion when u are ready

wud u do iz all ober a9ain, 36 hour call and all, y and y nod

*isn workin 36 hours bery bad for de body, don u feel like u are hurdin ur own physical self

do u feel like u are bein irresponsible 2 ur own healdh 

dank you for dakin de dime oud 2 deach someone like me 

bannie:

nobody is lecdurin you 

don look down on people who cand spell

and i don care if ur posd call eidher, no need 2 be an ass on an online forum if u dun wan 2 answer a 9eniune quesdion. look forward 2 hearin ur reply 2 my 9enuine quesdion when u are ready

wud u do iz all ober a9ain, 36 hour call and all, y and y nod

Well I'm sorry if I sounded rude and all. And I was not looking down on you. I am just tired right now. 

Most of the patients in my hospital come from rural areas. They don't even know how to read and write. So I was definitely not judging you. 

I'll answer to all your questions when I have some free time. 

addicted doc:

Well I'm sorry if I sounded rude and all. And I was not looking down on you. I am just tired right now. 

Most of the patients in my hospital come from rural areas. They don't even know how to read and write. So I was definitely not judging you. 

I'll answer to all your questions when I have some free time. 

dank you bery much, i look forward 2 ur answers

ok no fighting in this forum. glad y'all resolved that

@bannie @addicted doc I do wanna help ppl and I realize I cant help all of them. the helpless phase? been there done that. but if I could even save one person, itd make it all worth it. women rarely get proper recognition in almost any field...especially science so no matter what road I take itll go down with it's own set of unique challenges. might as well choose the one id be happiest. 

if I had to say why I chose a doctor idk tbh. it's the one that spoke to me most. it's been my lifelong dream to go back to my hometown/village (never actually lived their just where we're from originally). visited a few times and honestly the ppl deserve so much better. rural healthcare could improve by leaps and bounds with just one doctor. and a lot of people don't have the necessary knowledge to be keeping themselves safe. the risk factors could be reduced by so much. the few times ive gone ive spoken and gathered them around and the improvement was huge. the worst part was probably the lack of knowledge about feminine hygiene. which is necessary for both men and women to know. but that aside I freaking love science. like if I had to study all day long id do it. it just fascinates me to no end. and if my knowledge ends up helping someone then there's nothing that'd make me happier. Ive never cared for money much anyways. as long as I get by it's fine.

Oneesama:
if I had to say why I chose a doctor idk tbh. it's the one that spoke to me most. it's been my lifelong dream to go back to my hometown/village (never actually lived their just where we're from originally)

why nod jus 9o 2 school in your coundry, wadeber u learn will be more releband 2 ur homedown

medicine is diff in diff coundries

Oneesama:
all day long id do it.

36 hour shifds like addicdedoc!!!

Oneesama:
rural healthcare could improve by leaps and bounds with just one doctor. and a lot of people don't have the necessary knowledge to be keeping themselves safe. the risk factors could be reduced by so much. the few times ive gone ive spoken and gathered them around and the improvement was huge.

more useful 2 be public healdh and epidemiolo9y

sorry i dink medicine is bery oberraded, and i hopin 2 hear from addicdeddoc whehder she wud do medicine all ober a9ain if she can choose a9ain. 36 hours... isnd dad really bad for healdh, my moder always dold me 2 sleep early wake early, 36 hours wow

I'm lol'ing at Bannie's new style of typing. Weren't you a med student Bannie? 

Skye-N-Rain:

I'm lol'ing at Bannie's new style of typing. Weren't you a med student Bannie? 

sorry my keyboard is broken i am so sad, maybe u can 9uess which ledders are broken 

yah i was how u rem, ur memory is 9ood

wouldn do iz a9ain man, i radher learn wadeber u did and creade MDL in my nexd life

bannie:

dank you bery much, i look forward 2 ur answers

Yes 36 hours sounds bad but we get used to it. I remember once I had to do 60 hrs at a stretch during my internship because my colleague got sick and I had to do her duties. But it's not as bad as it sounds because we do get compensatory days off. Like after a 36 hr duty we get 24 hr off and something like that. 

And Yes if I could choose again i will still choose medicine. Every profession has its own ups and downs but at the end of the day if it makes you happy then you have chosen the right one. :) 

bannie:

sorry my keyboard is broken i am so sad, maybe u can 9uess which ledders are broken 

yah i was how u rem, ur memory is 9ood

wouldn do iz a9ain man, i radher learn wadeber u did and creade MDL in my nexd life

I actually wanted to be a doctor when I was in high school. Having a horrible experience at chemistry made me rethink it. With that said, I respect the hard work that people like addicted doc go through.  You're epic @addicted doc! 

I personally couldn't handle it [at least not the American version of it]. My cousins studied medicine in Poland [as EU citizens] and were able to do it straight of high school, so they were able to finish by ~23 or 24. [ Not specialized] 

Skye-N-Rain:

I actually wanted to be a doctor when I was in high school. Having a horrible experience at chemistry made me rethink it. With that said, I respect the hard work that people like addicted doc go through.  You're epic @addicted doc! 

I personally couldn't handle it [at least not the American version of it]. My cousins studied medicine in Poland [as EU citizens] and were able to do it straight of high school, so they were able to finish by ~23 or 24. [ Not specialized] 

Thanks.. It feels great to be appreciated!

You know I work in a government hospital. Everything is free of cost. So doctors are also treated as freebies. If anything goes wrong the first one to get blamed are the doctors but if everything goes right we don't even get a thank you. It doesn't happen all the time but it does happen most of the time. 

I know that it's our job and all but it feels good to be appreciated..doesn't it? :)