thanks so much for all the encouragement.

ive been doing some thinking and it seems medicine is the way to go for me.

and I have another question. what if I study in Malaysia? would I be able to work there if im not Malaysian? idk if this is a good idea but it seems comparatively cheaper and better so im gonna do a bit of research first

Sherlock Holmes:

im going to Korea next year to study Medicine at Yonsei. if you know Korean, Yonsei is one of the SKY colleges. so its like Harvard, but Korean ^-^

that sounds cool but Korean culture is too different from mine and I don't think I could adjust to it since I can at best speak broken Korean but not read or write. 

thanks for the suggestion tho <3

I have studied in 3 different countries and in 3 different languages, and here is the best advice I can give you. Go for college in your own country and if you are interested in studying abroad, choose a study abroad program. This gives you guidance and direction when you first arrive. Then, if you decide this is for you, you may find a way to stay as a regular student. In order to study a subject like medicine, your foreign language command would need to be superb. The tuition for med school in the US is insane even for native-born Americans and you would end up paying back your school loans for the rest of your life unless you get a really good scholarship. In other countries, English based med programs all over the world will charge more money since they offer classes in English. I don't know enough about Asian education systems and colleges to give you advice, but I would assume that the best, most elite programs teach in their native languages. 

I am a HUGE fan of exchange programs for students. One of the programs like that completely and totally changed my life for the better.

There is no harm in trying to apply for colleges in other countries, but make sure you are realistic about the cost and job prospects after you finish. Are you willing to stay in a foreign country till the rest of your life? Are your job prospects really so much better elsewhere? Will you be chained by debt for the next 20 years? (Common among the US students) It's not easy to transfer your credentials once you are a doctor in one country, but it's not impossible. I have seen people doing that in the US. I have friends who are doctors and pharmacists, and they didn't go to college in the US. It took tons of dedication on their part, but it paid off. Now, some of the people with degrees from other countries are less lucky. It's a matter of opportunities, tenacity and luck. 

Also, how quickly after graduating would you need to find a job? Can you stay in a foreign country and afford to look around or jump through the hoops of getting a work visa? Can you afford to wait to transfer your credentials for 1-3 years, if necessary? How will you pay your bills then?

Otherwise, good luck with college and have fun applying. 

@Linus

thank you so much for all the advice. ill be sure to keep this in mind. gonna take a tour of Malaysia to check the conditions around there in around a week or so. the best universities do teach in English but they're more oriented towards Malaysian natives and getting a scholarship will prolly be hard bc of that. don't plan on studying in the us or England. the fees are no joke. I don't wanna be in debt for the rest of my life lol

thanks a lot <3

Oneesama:

@Linus

thank you so much for all the advice. ill be sure to keep this in mind. gonna take a tour of Malaysia to check the conditions around there in around a week or so. the best universities do teach in English but they're more oriented towards Malaysian natives and getting a scholarship will prolly be hard bc of that. don't plan on studying in the us or England. the fees are no joke. I don't wanna be in debt for the rest of my life lol

thanks a lot <3

ask on subreddi r malaysia

dere will be more malaysians 2 help you widh your coundry specific quesdion

you will haf 2 be accepded 2 a pribade unibersidy unless ur malay 

isnd med school in en9land cheap 

medidine is rubbish and obberarded, do somedin bedder widh your life imo

if ur half addracdibe, iz bedder off jus 2 do somedin less dime consumin, wadch drama, and marry a rich 9uy

bannie:

ask on subreddi r malaysia

dere will be more malaysians 2 help you widh your coundry specific quesdion

you will haf 2 be accepded 2 a pribade unibersidy unless ur malay 

isnd med school in en9land cheap 

medidine is rubbish and obberarded, do somedin bedder widh your life imo

if ur half addracdibe, iz bedder off jus 2 do somedin less dime consumin, wadch drama, and marry a rich 9uy

id totally marry rich if I could lmao (maybe a contract marriage? idek) but being a doc to help ppl is my dream and idk not really willing to give up on it just yet. marriage isn't exactly my thing. useless at everything other than science and helping ppl. will totally ask on reddit tho thanks

med school in England is prolly the most pricey yikes

I have to ask first > Why u want to study in another country?

If you really want to study in another country u HAVE TO look at the requirments of each university. I know that I had a problem with Ireland, because there kids graduate mostly in Maths but I didn't so that was an obsticle. 

Anyway, I advise you to study in your home country, even if your country sucks (take me as an example). 

The reason is simply >

- U will be taught in your own native language so no need to feel strained to rush things with secondary language.

It may sound stupid, but medicine is really really hard and it's important that you understand what u are taught. 

Medicine and nursing is kinda GATE for every country, and no one can tell me otherwise. My professor of Anatomy is slovak, but she is well known doctor in Africa as well. 

Absolutely NO ONE can take away your title. 

If you have Mudr. then you are Mudr. in every country you visit. 

Yes, some hospitals may want to see a copy of your diploma and the things u have studied, but that mostly touches nursing students, rather than doctors. 

@Ugly Duckling  im not exactly well versed in my native language and the lifestyle there would be huge culture shock to me lol so id rather study somewhere my lifestyle would remain mostly similar. still lookin tho.

just in case I took my electives as phys chem bio and math to keep my options open so it wont be much of a problem. anywhere they teach in English is fine by me. that's the language I have highest fluency in lol

thanks for the advice. ill keep this in mind ^-^

Ugly Duckling:
Absolutely NO ONE can take away your title.

If you have Mudr. then you are Mudr. in every country you visit. 

depends imo, sure ur a doc bud ur nud licensned nor reco9nized

unless iz jus for de e9o 

Ugly Duckling:
Medicine and nursing is kinda GATE for every country, and no one can tell me otherwise.

ya i a9ree, iz quide wasdeful 2 sudy in a palce where u dun wanna pracdice

Oneesama:
@Ugly Duckling  im not exactly well versed in my native language and the lifestyle there would be huge culture shock to me lol so id rather study somewhere my lifestyle would remain mostly similar. still lookin tho.

where r u from dad u radher sdudy in malays,a malaysia healdh care sysdem is one of de few sysdems where dey haf 2 many docdors, bud yeah ask on reddid

@bannie I'm sorry but it's so hard to understand what u are saying when u use the shortcuts :/ 

As I said you need to look for requirments of the university. There u can see what license they offer. But MOST universities give a license which u can use all around the world. 

License mostly touches other medicine fields : nursing etc. 

hmm let's see...I don't exactly see myself doing anything else other than med but let's see what the future brings I guess

Lots  of wonderful advice here. There's a massive amount of info online.

First, being in high school 1) ask your guidance counselor for advice,  what about parents, friends, relatives....2) make sure you end up studying in a place where you are fluent in the language be it English or whatever else. If you're bilingual, even better. The more languages you speak and understand the more of an asset to a University you will be and, of course, benefit patients eventually. 3) make sure you have a CV or resume even though you're in HS still...you have a lot of skills already, (computer, communication skills if you speak other languages, public speaking,  leadership skills, etc. I see you volunteer and already have leadership skills...

Here's a link that may help  little...Lily says: click me for more info  :-)

Info for High Schoolers who want to go to Medical School

Scholarship Info for High School Women-this site has all kinds of categories based on religion, minorities, family, and education level.

Don't forget STEM studies financial aid.

In terms of going abroad...first and foremost....fluency in the native language is half the battle. Sure a foreign country may teach in English in the Universities, but what about living in the society? Funding is another issue. 

If you're a female and I know you are, there are women's organizations that will offer scholarships to candidates going into certain fields, plus if you're a minority there might be more available to you.

One thing at a time, worry about undergrad major of biology and or chemistry first...then in your junior year start looking for medical schools always keeping grades in mind and participation in medically oriented clubs/groups. 

You're going to meet A LOT of people at University, network and make connections. You're wise to start your game plan now!

@LilyS omg this is actually pretty great advice....ill be going through all these scholarships tmrw

living in a foreign country wont be much of a problem since im multilingual and adapt well thanks to the constant shifting around. I have zero attachment to where I stay lol. our guidance counselor is practically useless. (she tries tho….but....nah....)

those links really help. useful af thanks so much <3

Ugly Duckling:
@bannie I'm sorry but it's so hard to understand what u are saying when u use the shortcuts :/ 

sorry is nud shordcuds, my keyboard is broken i am sadface

Ugly Duckling:
But MOST universities give a license which u can use all around the world. 

no man,  for example, only american or canadian license is reco9nized in usa or canada, if you wand 2 pracdice u need 2 do residency a9ain 

i bed malaysian de9ree only usable in malaysia, def if u wanna work in usa or canada u will haf 2 redo exams ed cedera 

maybe iz mide be usable in sin9apore

Oneesama:

hmm let's see...I don't exactly see myself doing anything else other than med but let's see what the future brings I guess

why medicine, dere are lods of work dad can help people 2