Can anyone tell me why sequel or 2nd season of K-Dramas is so rare?

I think most of the actors already have other shows or movies lined up and you don't want to change the orginal cast if it was a success.... Sequels are usually not as good so they prefer to go out with top ratings 

A lot of dramas are not pre-produced, they're made during a certain amount of time and scripts may change according to viewers' opinions. When the drama has finished airing, actors move on to other projects. If you're producing a drama at the same time as it's airing, then you really can't work around anyone's schedules. I think it's easier for pre-produced dramas to get sequels, since you can plan ahead for them and it's easier to gather the same cast members if you don't necessarily need them available for 7 weeks or so, all at the same time, with no way to incorporate other schedules. 

Stevie70:

I think most of the actors already have other shows or movies lined up and you don't want to change the orginal cast if it was a success.... Sequels are usually not as good so they prefer to go out with top ratings 

Nonkemon:

A lot of dramas are not pre-produced, they're made during a certain amount of time and scripts may change according to viewers' opinions. When the drama has finished airing, actors move on to other projects. If you're producing a drama at the same time as it's airing, then you really can't work around anyone's schedules. I think it's easier for pre-produced dramas to get sequels, since you can plan ahead for them and it's easier to gather the same cast members if you don't necessarily need them available for 7 weeks or so, all at the same time, with no way to incorporate other schedules. 

yea......I understand.