I was wondering (maybe i am the only one who have thought about it) when can you say that you are too old to watch kdramas and listen to kpop? I want to know guys, what are your thoughts on this matter. A lot of people who aren't kpop/kdrama fans have prejudice and say that you get past it when you get older. I'm 19 now but i started watching dramas 2 years ago, and i think that my journey has just begun. Well, this bugged me for a some time now, but i'm now quite sure that there is no age-limit to this wonderful world of kpop/kdramas! ^^

In my opinion there is no age limit in Kpop or Kdramas. People usually say ' you are too old to watch this' or 'you will get over it soon', but I never really understood this. 

I think we shouldn't even label the music as Kpop. It's just music from a country different than the US. That doesn't mean that its worse or something that you will eventually stop listening to. Maybe you will stop listening to some artists, but that probably means that they don't express you anymore. Meaningful songs and talented people will always be listened to and I think that the same thing goes for 'Kpop'.

I think the same way about Kdrama too. There will probably be a time when some Kdrama won't satisfy you. For example if someone is watching only romance Kdrama, they may get bored of he genre that may seem less good after watching tons of romance dramas. Those people may stop watching Kdramas, because they are frustrated with the 'same old romance stories'.  They will probably turn on other genres or they will completely stop watching Kdramas.

Kdramas are series. The right question is will you ever stop listening to music completely or stop watching movies and series?

Individuals believe that Kpop and Kdrama are childish and some of the songs or the series may be. That doesn't apply to everything though. There will be good songs and good series, but due to our personal taste changing, we might have to stop listening to songs that we used to, or genres that we loved.

In conclusion there is no age limit.

That is my opinion anyway :)

nobody's too old to enjoy drama or music.That's just my two cents 

Thank you for your thoughts! I also wanted to ask how old are you? 

Do what you want and like what you like. I've always let my musical tastes evolve over time. I've never been in to Kpop but if you are then listen to it, if you slowly start to dislike it or prefer or things then listen to that.

I'm 28 and the things I like have changed over time and I expect that will continue. Life's too short - enjoy the moment, enjoy the things that make you happy.

No age limit, in my opinion.   Enjoy what you enjoy, and don't let others dictate or try to shame you into doing/feeling otherwise.  That's so silly and absurd...

My husband and I have been watching dramas for 10 years, and the addiction/enjoyment has only gotten stronger.  (My Plan-To-Watch List here at MDL is a monstrous beast - LOL!!)

In fact, we just started watching Save Me last night (only episode 1 so far, and we're already hooked on it!).  And we just recently ditched our HBO subscription (via Amazon) to pay for the DramaFever (also via Amazon) channel instead.

My husband isn't really into music, but I do occasionally listen to K-pop (and really, really enjoy watching the MVs with awesome cinematography and choreography).

PS. I'm 43 and he's 48... :P

This is absolute bullshit.

Is kpop a phase? No, it's a music genre just like rock, pop, country! 

My dad has been a rock fan for all of his life and he is almost 50.

Are k-dramas for kids? No, those shows are not centered for kids but for everyone and are just like American, British or Australian or ANY country's tv series! 

U don't ''grow out'' of it! 

K pop is usually about bands and girls groups , In the US thats related to teens .

I am 44 and love both kdramas and kpop. I just got into kpop back in May,  so I'm still very new to it. I'm a huge fan of B.A.P and Block B. 

imo music is eternal babe (even kpop boybands. idk why so many ppl are prejudiced abt it but they do make good music. fantastic baby maybe cringe but it still goes hard as hell....in fact as I get older the music I listened to when I was young resonates with me even more. always open to new music tho)....and kdramas have a lot to offer and are getting better with time (like radically changing) I don't think ill ever be getting sick of it lol

When I was ten turning eleven people told me I was "too young" to decide if I liked K-Pop. When I was a teen it was "just a phase." Now as a twenty-two year old it's "only teens like that." My mother is heading towards sixty and apparently she's "too old" for K-Pop and "only trying to be cool for her daughter" even after listening to it for six years. 

The battle never ends and it never will because someone will always have an opinion no matter what age you are. So instead of focusing on something you'll never win, focus on your enjoyment of it. If you like it, that's all that matters. 

When I was a teenager, I was afraid to admit I liked things that were 'not cool' among my peers, and when I was in college, everyone pretended to like only super artsy movies and read books by the critically acclaimed authors to look more like real intellectuals. I am not into K-pop, but I discovered Kdramas at the ripe age of 33 and I decided that I am too old to not watch and enjoy things I actually like ;) 

Let me see . Im 60( Old enough to be some here Grandfather) and just finished watching " Legend of the Blue sea".

Although there are certain stories I don't care for( Any story dealing with High school etc ) The day I grow too old to enjoy a Good story is the day I take a dirt nap.

As far as Kpop goes there some I like and some I don't . But one should keep an open mind and be willing to listen to deferent ideas and music as long as you are alive