I'm pretty new to watching Asian dramas, preferably want a series like I wanna eat your pancreas or your lie in April, it doesn't matter if it's Japanese, Korean, Chinese or Thai I would watch anything! I will not watch soap operas 

• 1 liter of tears (Japan)
  • My Ahjusshi (Korea)
  • Just between Lovers (Korea)
  • Kingyo Club (Japan)
  • Midnight Sun (Japan)
  • Movies: Miracle of cell no 7 (korea), Secret (Taiwan), a millionaire's first love (korea)

when i read this thread title, "ahh if it was movie instead of drama i would suggest let me eat your pancreas" lol

byakuyako - its not warm  tragic story story like LMEYP instead its a cold tragic story

come and hug me - if the leads in LMEYP stay together no matter what will happen, the leads in this drama stay together despite what had happened

just between lovers - i guess i could say its one step away from being LMEYP or YLIA

also personally i dont think my ahjussi is close to your description but its worth a try regardless, who know you might like it

i could suggest a bunch of movie like the ones you mentioned if you are interested

• +1 Byakuyako and Come and Hug Me- angst all the way through
  • Mother (Japanese version) had me bawling my eyes out
  • Konoudori S1 but esp S2 had me crying damn near every episode

I personally have a love/ hate relationship with dramas that make me cry.

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll definitely check them out!

https://mydramalist.com/list/q1Xv7DK3 - This my medical list which includes 1 litre of tears..all of these make me cry.

Nagasaki Memories of my son

Koizora (even though I never finished it)

Scarlet Heart is probably the saddest cdrama I've seen so far.

Definetly Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart Ryeo-Korean

Tree Of Heaven-Korean