Hi, I'm trying to find out if this guy in my class has a crush on me. It's not because like him, it's because I don't like him. And I get stressed out when I don't like someone who has a crush on me because I don't want to hurt them. Anyway... every time I think someone has a crush on me, I'm right. This time, however, I'm unsure if this person has a crush or just wants to be friends. I've barely known him for a month and have only had two short conversations with him. But one day, out of the blue, he just started complimenting me on my work. The reason this struck me as weird was because he didn't say anything to anyone else. I was the only one he complimented. There had been times before where I noticed him looking at me during lectures and such but it never stood out to me until the compliment incident happened. And today, we were both waiting to enter our class and he just... started talking to me? I guess it sounds pretty mundane but it was out of character for him. Plus, he seemed nervous speaking to me because he was stuttering.

So, I guess my question for you all is whether you think this could possibly be a crush. By the way, I have nothing against the guy. I don't even have anything against dating guys (though I've never dated one). The biggest issue for me (and you might find this strange) is that he most likely thinks I'm a girl. Actually, a lot of people think I'm a girl (even my teacher). I think it's because I'm short and have a feminine voice. I don't correct anyone because I'm too nervous to. So yeah, I'm worried a guy might have a crush on me, thinking I'm a girl.

All of your help is much appreciated so thank you in advance! Especially if you took the time to read all this.

Hello,

Tee:
It's not because I like him

What do you mean when you say "like"?
Does your "like" mean "like on a human/platonic level" or "like" in an "interested" level? 

If you mean "like" in a "human/platonic" level, that means you "do not like" him at all on a person-to-person basis. In which sense, you should just completely ignore him because we don't have enough time on this earth to spend our precious time associating with people we do not like. He'll definitely read the signs and back off.

However, if you meant "like" as "interested" then: 

Tee:
So, I guess my question for you all is whether you think this could possibly be a crush

Yes, it may be a crush.
And no, it may not be. 

You will never be able to be sure until he finally confesses to you. 

Personally, even if I feel like someone has a crush on me, I definitely don't acknowledge it until they confess because that's the only way I can be sure ~ if it comes from their own mouth. :) 

Maybe he just wants to be friends and he was shy because he was scared of rejection. :)

I guess you should wait for him to come clean, and only then (since you do not like him) tell him that you do not reciprocate his feelings. 

Tee:
So yeah, I'm worried a guy might have a crush on me, thinking I'm a girl.

Okay, so I did some 'research' for this. I went on your profile, and then your Instagram profile and I can confirm~ you do have feminine facial features. And you have confirmed that you also have a feminine voice. In which sense, even if you have a flat chest~ it can completely be seen as a normal feature to have because ladies are also flat chest.

Honestly, even I'm a little paranoid about this factor now. I hope he doesn't have a crush on you thinking you are a girl! That would be disastrously embarrassing for him. :/

I guess my final advice is :
Wait it out and let him come forward before you express your feelings or opinions about him.
Also, do not be afraid to hurt him or anyone you do not like. It's better to be crystal clear about your feelings than to feel pity for them and string them along.

Good luck! 

Thank you for your advice!

Soju:
What do you mean when you say "like"?
Does your "like" mean "like on a human/platonic level" or "like" in an "interested" level? 

When I say "like" in this case, I mean it romantically. I don't actually know him enough to have an opinion about him though.

Soju:
I hope he doesn't have a crush on you thinking you are a girl! That would be disastrously embarrassing for him. :/

I know! It has happened before when I was younger. One of my friends admitted to liking me and I was young, scared, and didn't know how to reject him so I just started being mean to him in hopes that he'd stop liking me. But then we started having school dances and he would ask me to slow dance with him. I felt guilty saying no so I ended up awkwardly dancing with him a few times. In the end, we're still friends but he's still embarrassed about what happened between us. I don't want to see a repeat of that. These things happen too often with me because I can never bring myself to reject someone. Anyway, thank you again for the advice.