2019 Watch Challenge Discussion

This discussion has been closed.

jazz:

Getting into technicalities a bit here but: could I watch Snowpiercer and count it, e.g for the sci-fi genre entry, because it was directed and written by a Korean man and was a joint Korean-Czech production, or does it not count because it's got a majority non-Asian cast and isn't listed on MDL?

It has to be something that is listed on MDL.

KingdomOfGod:

Is it necessary to add the entire challenge list? Can i add only the categories i want to do? Sorry for my english

You can choose your difficulty level (see #2 under "rules" in this post).  So any difficulty actually allows you to choose which categories you want to watch.  Even the most difficult level, merciless, allows you to skip 10 things on the challenge list.  There are 70 total.

Or...by "add the entire challenge list", did you mean your sign-up post?  If so, then yes, you should have the entire list copied onto your challenge sign up post.  But you don't have to watch something from each entry on the list.  Just skip the ones you don't want to do (or you can use the strikethrough or color code or whatever you want to do to mark the ones you're skipping if it makes it easier for you to keep track of things).  Hope that answers your question.

hi. 

i was wondering.. how come there are no Indonesia movies/shows in here. 

Indonesia is also part of Asia.

i watched a few movies from there and i cant find any in here.

is there an option to add them?  i'm not sure of the rules here about what can be added  and what not..

Hessa Volunteer Staff

We don't have a database for Indonesian content. Hopefully, in the future, the admins will add it.

Are we allowed to use short films for movies or do movies have to be a certain length such as feature length/hour and a half plus/etc?

Hessa:

You are welcome to join. You can use the things you watched this year, but make sure to write your starting date as January 1, 2019, or if you know when you watched the first thing this year.

Just wanted to say thanks for making this clear-I have been migrating my own personal stuff here but didn't learn about the challenge (haven't used it as a social platform before) until October, so I was a little sad until I looked here and saw a few places it got clarified. I'm going to stick to what I watched after sign up, stuff I marathoned this summer, and stuff that entirely aired in 2019 (or films I had to wait much longer for. 

January 1 my start date becomes! I hope everyone's enjoying all the great programming annnnd the guilty pleasure programming of questionable nose snubber's assessments alike! :D

Hessa Volunteer Staff

Important Announcement

I'll not be making a challenge for 2020. I'm busy and moderating the challenge is time-consuming.
If someone wants to make the 2020 challenge, please go ahead.

I don't know if you would want us to continue the previous format or swap out a few in the list for a slight variation. I'm happy with the current list, but if the new host is being left up to their own devices then I would love to help brainstorm some challenges. I already have a few in mind :)

Hessa:

Important Announcement

I'll not be making a challenge for 2020. I'm busy and moderating the challenge is time-consuming.
If someone wants to make the 2020 challenge, please go ahead.

If no one else has already done so I will do the 2020 challenge.  

OldAnimeLady:

If no one else has already done so I will do the 2020 challenge.  

tell me if you need help

Quick question, I created my MDL account around three months ago and stumbled upon this challenge recently, I started watching dramas since the beginning of this year, can I still sign up for this now or is it already too late? 

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 SNH:

Quick question, I created my MDL account around three months ago and stumbled upon this challenge recently, I started watching dramas since the beginning of this year, can I still sign up for this now or is it already too late? 

You can, but you have until December 28 to submit your turn-in form.

Hi I completed the challenge for the first time in history woho XD

Since I forgot to post a turn-in form I had to edit my sign up form to have both. The thread is locked so I couldn't post anything.

Anyway I didn't know how you could add me to the list of completed, here's a link to my form:  https://mydramalist.com/discussions/forum-games/37178-2019-watch-challenge?pid=864672&page=12#p864672

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 Lifunia:

Hi I completed the challenge for the first time in history woho XD

Since I forgot to post a turn-in form I had to edit my sign up form to have both. The thread is locked so I couldn't post anything.

Anyway I didn't know how you could add me to the list of completed, here's a link to my form:  https://mydramalist.com/discussions/forum-games/37178-2019-watch-challenge?pid=864672&page=12#p864672

The challenge finished on December 28. As I said, I will not be adding any names after the thread is locked.

I didn’t end up getting my form turned in (travel and guests!) but I just wanted to say thanks for the challenge. It really encouraged me to watch some choices that wouldn’t have been tops on my watch list. It was a really fun way to streamline my viewing. Thanks again and wishing the discussion list a peaceful New Year!

Sleepninja locked this Jan 2, 2020 10:47 pm