2019 Watch Challenge Discussion

This discussion has been closed.

Hessa Volunteer Staff

This is the discussion thread for the 2019 Watch Challenge. You can discuss whatever you want about the challenge but DON'T INCLUDE ANY SPOILERS. Also, you can ask for recommendations over here.

FAQ

• Can I add something I started watching in 2018 but is still ongoing?
    • No, only add things started during the challenge period.

• I don't have a favorite actor, director, or screenwriter. What can I do?
    • Go to your favorite drama/movie and see who is the actor, director, or screenwriter and watch one of their other works.

• Is the Challenge for Korean dramas/movies only?
    • No, you can watch dramas/movies from any country listed on MDL.

• Can any award be chosen for the award-winning challenge?
    • Yes, any awards work. SBS, KBS, MBC, Baeksang, etc.

• Can I list several dramas/movies for each challenge (Example: Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel)?
    • No, only 1 will be counted. So, choose one (either drama or movies) and use it for the challenge. I will only count the first title.

• Only a few titles are listed in the links you provided?
    • I added links to tags to make things easier for you, however, you don't necessarily need to use it. Moreover, not everything is tagged, so only a few things would show up. Hopefully, as we doing the challenge, we help each other and add tags to dramas/movies we watched.

• Can you provide the code so I can copy it and keep the same format?
    • Unfortunately, copying and pasting codes in the forum is disabled. Sorry about that, nothing I can do. You can ask the admins to add the ability if you want.

• Can I re-watch titles instead of watching new dramas/movies?
    • Yes.

• If I watch a title that had less than 1000 users (for the less than 1000 user challenge), but during the span of the challenge the number increased, does it count?
    • It is okay. Just add the number of users when you watched it next to the title and I'll know that the number went up after you watched it.

The MDL related, Stats, and Miscellaneous section is so cool!!

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 shiroflower:

The MDL related, Stats, and Miscellaneous section is so cool!! 

Thanks.

Great stuff glad to be able to participate again this year 

i see there is no points system this year.  the difficulty level is every 10 dramas, is there a way for it to be every 5? like a + system 

also the MDL related, Stats, and Miscellaneous seems so fun, i can see some tough ones there 

Yaaay, I see some fun categories in there :)  Thanks Hessa!

Hessa:
Can I add something I started watching in 2018 but is still ongoing?

No, only add things started during the challenge period.

This might be a dumb question so I apologize in advance, but is this rule absolute for all cases? Can I, for eg, add a drama I started on Dec 30 (I watched only 2 episodes) as a drama I watched in 2019 or is that drama completely disqualified since I saw the first 2 eps in 2018?

PrettyCarEye:

This might be a dumb question so I apologize in advance, but is this rule absolute for all cases? Can I, for eg, add a drama I started on Dec 30 (I watched only 2 episodes) as a drama I watched in 2019 or is that drama completely disqualified since I saw the first 2 eps in 2018?

What we have done in the past is you rewatch the two episodes you watched before 2019 and then it counts.  Not sure if that's the rule this year as well but it would make it count if you just did that.

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 dramaworld:

i see there is no points system this year.  the difficulty level is every 10 dramas, is there a way for it to be every 5? like a + system 

also the MDL related, Stats, and Miscellaneous seems so fun, i can see some tough ones there 

No, that would create more difficuly levels, and it would be troublesome.

I love the new format for this years challenge. Thanks for putting this together Hessa :)

This may have been covered elsewhere but - when I posted my Sign Up list on the Watch Challenge discussion, none of the "linked" topics, etc., stayed linked from the original list.

Any tips for making this happen? I checked over on the help board but it didn't seem to have anything. Perhaps it had to do with my (Safari) browser? I've only seen one other user  on the Watch Challenge who had the same problem with the non-links.

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 Humbledaisy:

This may have been covered elsewhere but - when I posted my Sign Up list on the Watch Challenge discussion, none of the "linked" topics, etc., stayed linked from the original list.

Any tips for making this happen? I checked over on the help board but it didn't seem to have anything. Perhaps it had to do with my (Safari) browser? I've only seen one other user  on the Watch Challenge who had the same problem with the non-links.

I use Google Chrome and just copy and paste it. All the links should appear. Not sure why it doesn't work for you. Are you on the phone? Maybe try using a laptop.

Hessa:

I use Google Chrome and just copy and paste it. All the links should appear. Not sure why it doesn't work for you. Are you on the phone? Maybe try using a laptop.

I switched to Chrome and it worked. Don't know why - always been fine in the past. Thanks - and now on to viewing.

Hello,

for this : Watch a short drama. (15 minutes per episode or less) 

I choosed this Wednesday 3:30 PM

So I have two questions.

The first one: Is a short drama with 15 minutes per episode or less not the same like a web series/drama? If no can you maybe recommend me some?

The secound one : So I choosed that short drama and i saw that it was aired at Oksusu  first. But I saw the SBS Plus Version. So some eps are longer than 15 minutes. But if the "Original" was 15 eps with 15 minutes so can I still *use* this Drama? 

I am not even sure if this is just a web drama or a short drama because I don't saw a Web Series Tag.

Hope you know what I mean.  

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 Blue:
The first one: Is a short drama with 15 minutes per episode or less not the same like a web series/drama? If no can you maybe recommend me some?

You can use a web series.

Blue:
The secound one : So I choosed that short drama and i saw that it was aired at Oksusu  first. But I saw the SBS Plus Version. So some eps are longer than 15 minutes. But if the "Original" was 15 eps with 15 minutes so can I still *use* this Drama? 

Sure, you can use it.