Does anyone else just love watching dramas from asia but doesn't actually listen to korean pop music and doesn't know a ton about what is going on with asian celebrities and just...loves dramas and movies? 

I sometimes feel so confused on here, because there is always so much going on. I listened to kpop in 2016, but stopped because there is always so much to keep up with. I don't understand half the posts on here about some things like music and actors or actresses....like, even if I adore a character in a drama I watch, I still don't really follow them closely or keep up with that is going on in their lives?  And it makes me feel like maybe I don't really like asian dramas all that much because I don't know about or follow everything? *Sighs*. 

I don't listen to Kpop, I watch TV and some movies and I don't really follow their personal lives either. At most I have a list of favorite actors and actresses and I will see their new releases and if they are any good. Like Sandra Ma, I'll usually check out any movie or TV show she's in.

You're not alone...I only watch the dramas...Never listened too K-pop nor no anything  about their personal lives

If you get into kpop/music scene then you'll understand or know more about the entertainment industry. But it's not necessary and might also be a good thing! You won't be skeptical about an idol acting and just treat them as fresh faces in dramaland. Just watch what you like. 

I do not listen to KPop and or know about celebrities. I try not to read about their lives and just enjoy the dramas.

I love asian dramas, movies and music but I never follow any idols or actors. Unnecessarily complicated for me. But to each their own. 

I've watched Korean and Japanese dramas pretty regularly (and by "pretty regularly" I mean almost every day). I don't follow contemporary music at all, not from Japan or South Korea or from anywhere else in the world. I don't actively seek new information about K/J artists or celebrities, either.

I think I can understand where OP's coming from, though, about the feeling of wanting to keep yourself informed on all aspects of this particular thing that you're really into (in OP's case, East Asian dramas, I guess) because I was like that too, at one time.  I think I just accepted as I got older that it's impossible to keep up with the latest in pop culture, and I'm fine with that.

For me,  kpop is disgusting.

I enjoy dramas and movies without feeling the need to follow closely with what's going on with artists/celebrities. I don't follow K-pop. I have been to a BTS concert with my niece who is a K-pop fan and although it was great it still didn't make me listen to more K-pop xD I prefer OSTs from the dramas and movies I watch. 

If you are new to this site and new to Asian entertainment it can feel overwhelming to see people here who seem so passionate and knowledgeable. I have been using this site almost 7 years and I still can't keep up and I have gone past caring about it lol. Time is short and it's better to spend it watching the dramas you like and naturally over time you get to know the artists and build up your own preferences. I prefer to get know the actors/actresses through their works and follow certain Film Directors. 

(Actually this post makes me feel a little nostalgic. I do remember joining here for the first time and feeling like I lack a lot of knowledge compared to everyone else...now after so many years I am confident in making me own choices and doing my own research on what I like to watch).

I don't follow kpop or jpop that much. If I like a group, of course I will listen to their songs and sometimes watch their videos but I don't think I vote on them or keep streaming their videos on youtube like a mad person. Sometimes I just like a few songs and dislike the other songs too. I like DAY6 though because of their songs. They are a Korean Boyband ( the one with musical instruments, not idols who dance ). I always sing their songs at karaoke with my friend. Then BTS, I like their songs but not at the moment. I like their old songs better that the recent ones. Sigh..... how time flies. Also BTS got so popular at my school and their fans are a bit annoying at my school. Jpop is mainly from Johnnys and LDH ofc.

Same here ^^