I pick based on plot, recommendations, if it has some of my favorite actors and actresses. I don't  particularly care if the reviews are bad. I absolutely will re-watch my favorites dramas beginning to end multiple times. 

kdramaddict1:

I pick based on plot, recommendations, if it has some of my favorite actors and actresses. I don't  particularly care if the reviews are bad. I absolutely will re-watch my favorites dramas beginning to end multiple times. 

How do you try to avoid the bad reviews? They bother me so much! 

I read the reviews and try to pick dramas with interesting plot description. 

But sometimes I need to watch a cliche rom-com,  another time it's a need for intense thriller. Depends on the mood really. 

sorry but eye candy

I am all about story and development. So, I often read the synopsis and watch a few episodes before deciding to continue. Sometimes I am in a mood for more in-depth dramas and sometimes I am looking for a light-hearted romance drama. Either way I have to be able to relate to (or admire) one of the characters in order for me to truly enjoy the drama. I tend to like strong characters: people who aren't afraid to stand up for themselves and/or their dreams. They also have to have a semi-happy ending. I don't usually do endings where the main couple don't end up together, but I do occasionally watch non-romance drama's. 

I usually know what I’m going to watch next when I’m halfway through the current drama I’m watching . So for example- I watched Moon Embraing the Sun and half way through I knew I needed to watch something entirely modern and newish so I picked What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim which is its complete opposite. Sometimes there will be elements in a drama that piqued my interest and that usually dictates my future mood .There would be elements I would like to further explore as an entirety like say , mystery . Then boom - I’m watching a mystery drama that appeals to me .

I also find the “priority” section in the “my watch list “ very helpful . I usually pick what grabs me there if I don’t know what to watch .