I've been into dramas my whole life and I've honestly watched over 100's and 100's of dramas. I watch anything from Korean to Chinese to Thai and romance is a main genre basically and I've never been picky, I even go out of my way to make list and list of what I should watch next but for some reason, I'm having such a hard time just saying "I'll watch this next" and then I take forever picking a show! So how do you pick your shows? What pops out to you? Do you go back and watch older dramas and how often do you re-watch shows? Last but not least; what do you recommend :D 

I pick based on my mood. It takes me a long time to decide as well because I have to choose something I'm in the mood for, and I might pickup a drama only to realize that's not what I wanted to watch. I adore the dramas that I really get into that have me binging from start to finish.

I rarely rewatch because the suspense is what I love most, but there are a few (maybe less than 5) that I'll rewatch sometimes when I'm really not liking anything. So far it's Descendents, Untamed (a new addition to this list), My Love From Another Star, Warrior Baek Dong Soo, and one other that I can't think of right now.

I recommend any of the above! I tend to like historicals and tragedies, so my tastes may be different. Good luck finding something to watch! 

xdoubleentendre:

I pick based on my mood. It takes me a long time to decide as well because I have to choose something I'm in the mood for, and I might pickup a drama only to realize that's not what I wanted to watch. I adore the dramas that I really get into that have me binging from start to finish.

I rarely rewatch because the suspense is what I love most, but there are a few (maybe less than 5) that I'll rewatch sometimes when I'm really not liking anything. So far it's Descendents, Untamed (a new addition to this list), My Love From Another Star, Warrior Baek Dong Soo, and one other that I can't think of right now.

I recommend any of the above! I tend to like historicals and tragedies, so my tastes may be different. Good luck finding something to watch! 

I'm definitely a mood picker too, so good to know I'm not the only one, HAH! xD 

It depends. I am watching all types of dramas, but I mostly like suspense. Most of the times I pick dramas that are released recently either from the filters that MDL provides or from the 'latest trailers' in the main page. The first thing that catches my eye is the title of the series -lame I know. 

When a title intrigues me I instantly read the plot or watch the trailer -only when the trailer is under a minute, because they tend to have spoilers- that I don't like.  Like when I saw 'Class of lies' I wanted to know what it was about. If I find it intriguing, then I put in on my PTW list or I start watching it immediately, because let's be honest my PTW list is huge...

Another way I am picking dramas, is depending on my mood. Using the filters that MDL has, I choose a genre, a country and a date. I mostly want to watch newer dramas and I am definitely affected by the rating -usually watch over 8.0 rated dramas-

The last method is depending on the actor/actress. For example, I had recently watched My Mister, which I loved, and when I found out that IU was going to star in another drama I immediately pressed 'Plan to watch'.

It depends on multiple factors. When it comes to my favourite genre, I noticed that I can't enjoy dramas all about romance. The story must be intriguing, I like a lot of dark and heavy themes. I have been picking dramas based on the description when I randomly come across a drama with a good looking poster, so I read the description and the reviews and decide if it's going to be interesting. 

However, when I looked back at all the dramas I liked, I noticed they were mostly: Law, Tragedy, Melodrama, Action, Suspense, Mystery, and Thriller. A lot of dramas I loved also had little to no romance in it. So I realised I liked interesting, complex, and fast paced dramas with nice male leads that face many challenges they overcome. Therefore, I started looking for dramas like this, as well as asking for recommendation. 

Another factor is my mood, so I search the tags or look at recommendations. At times, I want something lighthearted and funny, so I look for those things and watch dramas, such as Wok of Love. Other times I want something heavy, that will make me empathise and cry, such as Missing You, and I look up similar dramas or search the similar tags. Some times I want fast paced action with a lot of fighting, while other times I want a good mystery drama that would simulate my brain. So I look at tags around that. 

Ooo, I love it. I mainly watch romance but I do understand now that I'm way into other things like thriller; which surprises me because I hate thriller or horror or anything in that category. Definitely awesome recommendations all around! I think using the tags will definitely help me for what it fits for my mood! 

It takes me a really long time to find the next drama for me to watch too! I have the ‘plan to watch’ list but I never refer to it lmao. Sometimes it’s becauae I’ve enjoyed the previous drama so much that I try to find another one that’s identical & realise that’s not going to happen lool. Other times it’s because I’ve been on such a roll that I need to take a break for like 6 months ????

However the way I usually look for something to watch is by the rating (8 and above) as well as the year it was aired (2015 onwards). I tend to also look at the spoilers too see if it’s a happy ending & if it’s not, then...

Genre’s aren’t a priority for me as i’ll truly watch anything as long as it keeps my interest lool, but my favourites are always crime, romance & youth! 

maya_x:

It takes me a really long time to find the next drama for me to watch too! I have the ‘plan to watch’ list but I never refer to it lmao. Sometimes it’s becauae I’ve enjoyed the previous drama so much that I try to find another one that’s identical & realise that’s not going to happen lool. Other times it’s because I’ve been on such a roll that I need to take a break for like 6 months ????

However the way I usually look for something to watch is by the rating (8 and above) as well as the year it was aired (2015 onwards). I tend to also look at the spoilers too see if it’s a happy ending & if it’s not, then...

Genre’s aren’t a priority for me as i’ll truly watch anything as long as it keeps my interest lool, but my favourites are always crime, romance & youth! 

I do that too. I have a huge 'plan to watch list' but I'm always adding more, but never watch any of it and just watch random ones. I am trying really hard right now to not add any more stuff and refer to the list, lol. 

Do you guys have trouble with certain actors and actress in shows when you saw them in one and they're in another so it throws you off? I think that happens to me too and it's a big factor on why I can't watch certain shows xD but I also need to stop adding shows to my plan to watch because I'm obviously in deep lol 

My problem is like with Nam Goong Min, the first two dramas of his I watched were where he played a killer/bad guy so I wasn't able to enjoy him in Chief Kim, because it felt weird, or when I watch any drama where he is the main lead, it feels awkward to me, because I feel like he is made to do antagonistic roles, since he's so good at it! But I also respect how he can play so many different roles, it shows off his skills. Or Lee Jong Suk as a bad guy in V.I.P didn't fit for me. Furthermore, since watching Mask with Joo Ji Hoon and loving his personality and romance with the FL, I can't imagine him elsewhere, with a different girl and in a different drama. It's a problem I have with few actors. 

I sort of have a system. At any given point I try to have one sageuk, one modern age, and one to rewatch. I usually pick based on a theme I haven’t watched in a while or alternating between something dark and a romcom. I also tend to pick shows that have some of my favourite leads that I haven’t seen in a while. As for my watchlist, I pick shows either because they have a cast member I like or because it has a good rating. I don’t usually watch anything below 8.0.

I am not sure about it. I think it depends on my mood. Sometimes I pick things because the summary sounds interesting, second is the casts are the people who I am familiar with, or sometimes rating or theme. If there is a certain theme that I am looking for, I usually ask with the other members for recommendation and so far they are good. 

Almost every drama I choose comes from my plan to watch. There are exceptions obviously but I definitely rely on it for picking my next drama. I do tend to pick by mood (which usually is guided by the synopsis or tags) or by the title though. I'm also less likely to lean towards a historical or 50+ episodes and more likely to pick up things with supernatural or fantasy elements, but the cast can shake that up a little. A good actor/actress can make me choose watch something over everything else.

I do re-watch, but I only have two reasons. One: I'm in a slump. The more common reason, two: I'm with my mother who hasn't watched the drama yet. (We love our drama nights.) 

I read reviews and I look at the ratings. I don't watch what everyone is watching (shows currently airing). It spoils the mood for me.  I make sure not to watch the same main lead/s back to back. I want to forget their last role/character before I try another of their drama. After watching some heavy melodrama with heartbreaking ending, I tend to jump right to the next light rom-com lol

As for recommendations, there's just too many so I will give you my top dramas in random order.

K-drama:

- Healer

- Kill me, Heal me

- A Gentleman's Dignity

- Something about 1%

- Because this is my first life

- Marriage Contract

- Queen In Hyun's Man

C-drama:

- Story of Ming lan

- The Eternal Love (2 seasons)

- Oh My Emperor (2 seasons)

- Eternal Love (Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms)

- Sound of the Desert

- My Mr. Mermaid

Klara H:

My problem is like with Nam Goong Min, the first two dramas of his I watched were where he played a killer/bad guy so I wasn't able to enjoy him in Chief Kim, because it felt weird, or when I watch any drama where he is the main lead, it feels awkward to me, because I feel like he is made to do antagonistic roles, since he's so good at it! But I also respect how he can play so many different roles, it shows off his skills. Or Lee Jong Suk as a bad guy in V.I.P didn't fit for me. Furthermore, since watching Mask with Joo Ji Hoon and loving his personality and romance with the FL, I can't imagine him elsewhere, with a different girl and in a different drama. It's a problem I have with few actors. 

I feel this so hard in many ways hahaha