Hello,

I am currently writing an essay about the portrayal of feminism in south korean tv or web dramas for university. My inspiration for this came from a genius drama called 'It's Okay To Be Sensitive' (if you haven't watched it, do it now!!) but I don't know many other dramas that have dealt with this topic.

Luckily we see more dramas with strong female leads more often these days but as i am not watching many dramas at the moment i need some help with finding the ones that also deal with feminist/gender issues and actually address strugles women go through because of unfair treatment or sexual harressment.

It would help me a lot if some of you could give me some recommendations of dramas that deal with these issues (recent ones would be the best) or even just short clips from a drama would be appreciated. I am also curious if there are any recent dramas that were bad examples for dealing with delicate topics like this or had a female lead that was the very stereotypical female kdrama lead.

If you are up for it i would also like to know your opinion on why it is important that dramas portray social issues that are currently discussed (or should be more talked about) by the public.

I hope some of you can help me out with this~

Thank you in advance and lots of love, Celine

Hello! First, I loved 'It's Okay To Be Sensitive', did you know there's a second season? (I only found out last weekend so I was binging that all night). 

For dramas that relate to feminism in some way I would say: 

**MAJOR SPOILER FOR DRAMA AHEAD**

1. Ho Goo's Love - The FL is a famous swimmer who is raped and becomes pregnant (and keeps the child), the perpetrator is another famous swimmer. The CEO of her swimming agency as well as the perpetrator says 'well who's going to believe you? I'm/He's a man as well as being **insert name**., they probably think you just spread your legs for me/him to gain power'.  This is one of favourite dramas as it tackles taboo topics in the kdrama scene, talking about rape as well as pregnancy out of wedlock, and how the public's opinion of your changes regarding your situation (even when they don't know the full story). The drama isn't all depressing though, as the ML attempts to navigate the difficult situation (as he doesn't know who the father is but decides to try and look after the child with the FL whilst helping her heal emotionally, simultaneously falling in love with her uwu). In regards to your topic, I think it's relevancy is pretty high and would help you immensely.

2. Age of Youth- I can't really remember much about this drama, but I would recommend it to you as a story about comradeship and friendship between women in a harsh society like Korea. I'm sure somebody else can explain it more in depth, but basically it follows the story of 5 female roommates as they each navigate their individual problems, but try to help the other at the same time as well. There are different story lines for each woman, and they tackle different issues each episode- but a huge theme throughout the whole drama is feminism and I'm sure there is at least one case of sexual harassment within the drama.  

Both of these dramas work well with the topic, so I would recommend watching both of them, even if they take a bit of time to watch. Also it might be an idea to write down quotes, as I imagine both dramas have some pretty good ones regarding the issues at hand. 

I skimmed through my watch list just to check that I hadn't missed any major dramas that fit your criteria well, but other than those two I reckon there weren't any others. Good luck on your presentation! :))  

Hi, thank you for your recommendations!

Yes I have already watched the second season of 'It's Okay To Be Sensitive' and it is as good if not better than the first season.

Also I have heard of both dramas you have recommended but i haven't watched either of them. So now I will definitely give them a try! There might be some really good scenes in them that can help me~