I’m always fascinated by what people eat whether on tv or in real life.  I especially like to know what people eat when no one is around.  Did you make lasagna for dinner or eat Cap’n Crunch on ice cream?

I’ll start-tonight I made a simple winter squash and leek soup.  It was just leeks sautéed in olive oil, several bags of squash and water. Thyme, jalapeño salt, smoked paprika, Rosemary, salt, and pepper. Boil in a big pot, just enough water to cover the veggies.   When everything is soft throw it in the blender and blend until smooth.  Voila!

I’ve used combinations of squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, red bell peppers, and red lentils and whatever seasonings sounded  good that night.  You can use vegan broth or chicken broth if you don’t want to use water. If you don’t have leeks a sweet onion or even green onions work.  It’s a very forgiving soup.

You can serve as is or over rice. I’ve made basil pesto and a spinach pesto to garnish before.  My husband likes to add pepitas or pistachios. I give mine a hit of sriracha sauce.  All those beta carotenes in one yummy bowl of soup that was a cinch to make.   

So, what did you have or make for dinner?  :)

Someone out there has to like to talk about food. I’ll try, try again. :)

Tonight was fast food at our house. 

I stir-fried some zucchini and green onions. When the veggies  were tender crisp  I added drained and rinsed garbanzo beans from a can and  heated them through.  Tonight I just used salt and pepper from a pepper grinder with spices in it to give the veggies some flavor. Served it over brown rice with a side of sliced tomatoes and some Peperoncino.  The whole thing took less than twenty minutes to prep and cook. 

What did you have for dinner? Or lunch? Or breakfast? Or snack on while watching dramas? :)

Here I am again. Sitting on the sidewalk with my jacks, jump rope and basketball hoping someone will come and play with me. We have people from all over the world on MDL. I am genuinely curious-what did you have for dinner?

Tonight I cooked white beans with petite diced tomatoes and fire roasted green chilies.  Served with roasted sweet potatoes and sautéed fresh mushrooms and spinach. Yum!

I've just had fried rice with corned beef and scrambled eggs. To prepare fried rice, we used rice (duh), shallot, garlic, and shrimp paste. That's it.

Thank you! Mmmm...that sounds yummy! :)

Dinner yesterday was rice with chunky chicken in white sauce on top. 

@Schmetterling - I wish I lived with you so you could cook for me. :D

zalcu:

Dinner yesterday was rice with chunky chicken in white sauce on top. 

Classic delish combo. :)

Salmon and root vegetable soup with sourdough bread! (my two favorite things) 

ChessWidow:

@Schmetterling - I wish I lived with you so you could cook for me. :D

Sharing meals with friends is always welcome. In a sense that’s what this post is about. :)

I just wanted this to be a fun place to share some of the things we eat.   I know someone who when the family is away makes scrambled eggs with grape jelly.  When my son is home sometimes it’s pancakes for dinner-brinner! No judgments! :)

Last weekend I tried out a recipe for jajangmyeon.

This Saturday night with football on tv my dinner will  be a bowl of ramyeon eaten standing up at the kitchen counter watching the game.  I do have some leftover green smoothie so I’ll chase the noodles with that to make myself feel better about the packaged dinner in a bowl. ;) My husband usually takes the opportunity to make his favorite banana sandwiches. After the break I’ll be back cooking on Sunday. :)

Wishing you a great weekend and a great meal!

love:

Salmon and root vegetable soup with sourdough bread! (my two favorite things) 

That sounds amazing.  If you ever feel like sharing the soup recipe I would love to hear it. 

For me it was fish and chips today.

You don't need a recipe, do you?:D

mengosteen:

For me it was fish and chips today.

You don't need a recipe, do you?:D

No, but I am envious-I loooove fish and chips.  

winterbone:

Today I ate chicken fricassee (it's a dish of stewed meat pieces and plenty of lettuce inside).  It was really good. I also made some home-made chocolate rolled-up crepe for desert. It was a nice meal ;) 

Thank you for sharing!  I do believe my mouth is watering.  That was a nice meal!  :)

Recently, I’ve been in a slump and just don’t know what to cook anymore. Hoping this thread will give me some inspiration. :)