Personally I discovered the Drama by first discovering the K-pop, I discovered by chance on a musical TV channel (like MTV) an MV "Girl's Day - Darling", since then I became interested in the K-pop, then I discovered on Youtube the girls' group "Apink", I fell in love with the singer "Eunji", I wanted to learn more about her, then I discovered this "Trot lovers" drama on this "Viki" site, I had never watched K-Drama before and I watched only for her and since then, I only watched that, I became addicted to K-Drama, I can only watch that and I love it.

And you?

Back in 2014 I was trying to find a new series to watch and while surfing a couple of on line sites to watch tv series, I happened to find one called "Bride of the Century" Season 1 episode 1 and thought " Perfect, a series I can start from the beginning" and started to watch it. I was hooked! Before that I had no idea that K-dramas existed. I have since branched out to other Asian dramas and much prefer them to North American productions.  I started listening to K-pop because of the drama OSTs.  My playlist is almost all Korean now.

Jan:

Back in 2014 I was trying to find a new series to watch and while surfing a couple of on line sites to watch tv series, I happened to find one called "Bride of the Century" Season 1 episode 1 and thought " Perfect, a series I can start from the beginning" and started to watch it. I was hooked! Before that I had no idea that K-dramas existed. I have since branched out to other Asian dramas and much prefer them to North American productions.  I started listening to K-pop because of the drama OSTs.  My playlist is almost all Korean now.

I too prefer Asian drama to American productions now, OST is great too, I have a whole playlist of OST myself now.

What do you like most about Asian drama? What makes you like it?

I was scrolling through tumblr when I saw this .gif, found it amusing and went to google to see where it was from. I found out it was To The Beautiful You which stars SHINee's Minho and f(x)'s Sulli (two of my favourite kpop groups) and decided to give it a go. The rest is history.

I had been watching anime since I was little, and did see the usual Chinese martial arts movies, but didn't know dramas existed. 

I think it was 2008 or 2009, I saw a video on youtube featuring Meteor Garden - Hua Ze lei and Shan Cai, my very first Asian crush was Vic Zhou haha. I hunted ebay for the series, thinking he was the main lead :( 

Then found mysoju, THE site to watch dramas on. My 2nd drama was Devil beside you, and 2nd crush was Mike He. 

I first started with Taiwanese dramas, Japanese, discovered K-pop, Korean, Chinese and Thai. Now am mostly all in for Korean and Chinese dramas. 

I still watch American series, got 14 ongoing, but at times I need a break from all the swear words and sex scenes and hopping from one guy to another. 

Also the OST, at times they're like soundtracks of big movies, like My country The new age, what an amazing instrumental OST which evokes all the feels.   

I’ve start watching dramas by my friend suggestion it was in 2013 and my first drama is boys over flowers it’s really common for drama watchers in  Turkey. My journey stars like this ????

I was watching anime, at the time I was browsing the currently existing at the time AnimeCrazy.net.  it shut down, but it had an affied link at the time to Dramacrazy.net ......and I saw the wallflower had a reallife drama adaption.... which I ended up checking up and watching.. and after that I fell in love with asian dramas, ended up from watching drama adaptions of my fave animes... to over time watching just normal  asian dramas without really anime and manga adaptions.

North American series seem to rely more on special effects,  scantily clad women and the ability to go on and on for years on end.  Asian dramas rely more on character development, well written story lines and have a finite number of episodes for the series to come to a conclusion.

Back in 2016, my sister was watching “descendants of the sun” on Netflix and she was like come watch it with me it’s really good. I hate to admit it now (because I hate it when people say that to me now) But my reaction was “Do you even understand what they are saying”.  Fast Forward to a week later, when the season of the show I was watching finished and I had to wait until the new year for the new season. I decided to watch it, Now, I am here and my sister is regretting her decision to ask me because she claims I “Keep her up at night when I watch”.  

While watching "Descendants Of The Sun" I heard the OST of Chen (EXO) & Punch - Everytime. I really liked Chen's voice so I googled him and started to stan EXO. Now I am known as MultiFandomJed (With EXO being my main fandom) cause I fell deep. 

Viki is my main way to watch Asian dramas (I prefer it because of the timed comments, It's like watching with other drama lovers who think the same way you do at certain moments of the show.)

On Hulu back in 2011. That was the first and last time that I watched Asian dramas. I got back into it Feb of this year, Soon after I started listening to to KPop and now I’m hooked on both haha. I rarely watch American programs or listen to American music. 

I got into East Asian dramas through Asian American friends from high school. We ended up watching a lot of dramas together!

Someone told me wow liar game is awesome show you must watch it .... and then used to watching xD

One day I randomly got this on my yt recommendation. I never watched dramas before bc I thought they would probably be really boring and I wouldn't understand their language anyway...and I was never so wrong lmao. Even tho my first drama was kinda cringey (I have seen my mom watch cringer melodramas so it was still bearable for me tho) I immediately got hooked onto cdramas and then kdramas. 

Well for me I’ve been watching them all my life, unknowingly lol, but still. I watched them with my dad who was mainly into the martial dramas and same with anime. But as I got older I discovered other genres of drama which around like 2012 maybe.. With my first movie being miracle in cell no. 7 (huge tear jerker for me, even to this day) with cheese in the trap and the heirs OMG..  as my Korean tv shows... wow though. Before that I mainly watched Chinese martial arts films with my dad and brothers. But now I watch many different dramas from different countries it’s great lol