Before I start getting into Chinese historical's I want to know which ones to totally avoid!! What has been your worst experience with a Historical???? 

For me it's General and I - The fml is a military strategist so I thought she would be a strong independent woman but nah... She's just another damsel in distress and Angela baby's acting really do suck :/

Baekw_:

For me it's General and I - The fml is a military strategist so I thought she would be a strong independent woman but nah... She's just a another damsel in distress and Angela baby's acting really do suck :/

Thanks for the heads up!! 

Baekw_:

For me it's General and I - The fml is a military strategist so I thought she would be a strong independent woman but nah... She's just a another damsel in distress and Angela baby's acting really do suck :/

I agree. 

Plus Princess Weiyoung. The drama totally butchered and changed story waayyyy to much. Plus the original writer plagiarised the story. 

Czakhareina:

I agree. 

Plus Princess Weiyoung. The drama totally butchered the story. Plus the original writer plagiarised the story. 

OMG!! This is on my plan to watch, phew!! Now I don't have to waste my time!! 

nicole:

OMG!! This is on my plan to watch, phew!! Now I don't have to waste my time!! 

Actually princess wei young is pretty enjoyable if you ignore the fact that they changed the story way too much. I really liked it when I hasn't read the original novel tbh. 

I've only watched 4 Chinese historical dramas so far, but Eternal Love is by far the worst (although I seem to be one of the few people on MDL who has this opinion).  I hated most of the characters (including the main characters), and one particularly boring part dragged on for 15 episodes.

I haven't seen General and I, so maybe it's even worse.  I see that General and I is rated 3.0/10 on Douban.

For me it's Bloody Romance.

The only reason I didn't rate it 1/10 is cinematography. 

Female lead is weak (it's tagged as 'smart female lead' but she's not), writers made her suffer for no other reason that suffering, world it's set in is flawed and so on, and so on.

Many people seem to enjoy it, but I'm a number 1 anti-fan

Unique Lady
The Flame's Daughter
Go Princess Go

I just watched the first ep of Sword Dynasty recently. I was very unimpressed. Going to give it a chance, though.

100% agree on General and I and Princess Wei Young. They're terrible. So many plot holes, bad acting, bad everything. Allow me to add:

The Legend of Dugu

Princess Silver (don't be fooled by its strong start. 80% of the show was trash)

I Will Never Let You Go (another one with a great start but halfway through the writers lost track of everything that made this show good)

Fighter of the Destiny