I'm working on a potential article to submit to Mydramalist (a look back on the failure of the American remake of Boys Over Flowers), and I talk a bit about western remakes in general, but I'm drawing a blank when trying to think of examples. I know Good Doctor is the only one to actually get off the ground and go on to be successful, but I could have sworn there were some other attempts, or at least rumblings of attempts, at remaking other dramas. Am I going crazy?

*Editing to add that I'm only looking for information on remakes of dramas rather than movies, since there are plenty of remakes of Asian movies but very few remakes of Asian dramas, and I want to explore why that is. Sorry that wasn't clear in my original post.*

Somewhere between (US series cancelled after 1 season) - God's gift 14 days

There are Turkish shows but don't know if you want to include from that country as it's an eastern/western one.

Thanks! And yeah, I'm only looking for attempted remakes in countries like the US, Canada, Australia, Britain, those sorts of places. I think western countries have a unique challenge when trying to create remakes of Asian properties compared to countries in places like the Middle East or Africa or South America, etc. I also don't know enough about those parts of the world to speak on them. Figure it's best to stick with what I know.

Other than My Husband Got family which was remade to Mi marido tiene familiar (Mexico), the only one I can think of is Super Sentai = power Rangers

And others are movies

• My Sassy Girl (Kor) = My Sassy Girl
  • Il Mare (Kor) = Lake House
  • Infernal Affairs (HK) = The Departed
  • Seven Samurai (Jpn) = magnificent 7
  • Oldboy (Kor) = Oldboy
  • The Ring ("Jpn) = The Ring
  • Got 2 believe (Phil) = 27 Dresses (Not Credited) 

Anne (Turkish series based on JP Mother, there is KR version too)
Kalp Atisi (Turkish series based on KR Doctors)
Seviyor Sevmiyor (Turkish series based on KR She was pretty)

Not a drama, but the variety show King Of Masked Singer is remade here in US and I think they have one in UK, too. HBO is also supposed to remake Parasite. Netflix remade Death Note. It was God awful. >_< lol The Grudge was remade. As was 7 Samurai, with Keanu Reeves. (Ugh).

*edited to add Speed Racer and Ghost In the Shell rofl*

*edited again to add that, back in the '90's, the US was planning to remake Sailor Moon, but the pilot failed. You might be able to find the opening credits of it on YouTube. I saw it once years ago and died laughing. It was a good thing in never happened.*

CherryBunny:

Not a drama, but the variety show King Of Masked Singer is remade here in US and I think they have one in UK, too. HBO is also supposed to remake Parasite. Netflix remade Death Note. It was God awful. >_< lol The Grudge was remade. As was 7 Samurai, with Keanu Reeves. (Ugh).

*edited to add Speed Racer and Ghost In the Shell rofl*

*edited again to add that, back in the '90's, the US was planning to remake Sailor Moon, but the pilot failed. You might be able to find the opening credits of it on YouTube. I saw it once years ago and died laughing. It was a good thing in never happened.*

I completely forgot about the remake of Death Note, lol. I'm only focusing on dramas though for the article, as there have been lots of remakes of Asian movies (of varying levels of quality) but very, very few remakes, or attempted remakes, of dramas. Should have specified that in my original post. Sorry.

Also, considering how they butchered the original version when they dubbed it (although the dub will still always hold a special place in my heart), yeah, I'm glad that never happened either, lol.