wrote: For a while I was the biggest marathoner you could ever meet! Like if I start a drama Id lock myself in my room and not come out (except to eat and use the restroom of course LOL) until I finished the entire series

I'm still like that... XDD if the drama is interesting enough
I am kind of both, I started off a marathoner.. and then YAB was my first drama I watched while airing, I remember I had watched about half the episodes back to back, and then had to wait.. and because of that I found Viki (which I don't really like anymore) and started to watch alot of drama's as they air, I usually pick a few I want to watch as they air, I.e. City Hunter, Heartstrings and Spy Myung Wol. But, I still try to find a movie, or one I haven't watched that is completed (which I can't find one)for the in between times, when I am not playing facebook games..
Dojemi10 VIPCommunity Manager
I prefer watching completed dramas n_n
completed ones for sure..have watched airing ones bt i realised waitin aint fun at all...

P.S.: Please excuse the brevity of this post....Have been slogging the whole day at work.....K.N.A.C.K.E.R.E.D.
I lov3e complete dramas. Mostly because I just want to have the security that I am watching something which has an end (preferably happy one) and that nothing else will happen to my favourite characters. I love marathions, that's how I know which stories I like best, which will keep my interest and which I will like to revist and then I am all nervous because I don't want any sequels to spoil those happy feelings that I am often left with. heh. Honestly, I hate sequeles to bits, as my love for complete stories makes me want to be sure that it's reall all there is and my fav characters have their happily ever after (or not, but in any case some form of ending that clearly states there is no follow up needed) and I can move on to another completed drama to enjoy (or not) other characters in other settings and set-ups.

The only time I watched an airing drama was hotaru no hikari 2. And I know for sure after that that I prefer completed dramas.
I don't have patience to wait for an airing drama to come out every week so I prefer completed dramas, although this summer had a few airing dramas that I'm watching. After watching the drama Shining Inheritance I thought about it and realized that if I watched this drama while it was airing I would've probably been extremely frustrated and impatient waiting for the next episode to air each week. I do watch dramas that are airing but I prefer waiting till they're complete.
Jesshika78 wrote: completed ones for sure..have watched airing ones bt i realised waitin aint fun at all...

P.S.: Please excuse the brevity of this post....Have been slogging the whole day at work.....K.N.A.C.K.E.R.E.D.

You're not excused! I expect a 500 characters essay on why you prefer completed ones and another on why you slogged at work. ;);)
emjeywee wrote: You're not excused! I expect a 500 characters essay on why you prefer completed ones and another on why you slogged at work. ;);)

LOL..I shall prepare 2 such essays of 500 words each and post here..one question: Does it have it be exact 500 words, what if it exceeds??? is there any penalty??...OK, that's definitely NOT one question :D

I am prefer watching completed dramas, but this is not a matter of principle to me! And amrita828  I can write my essay 500 characters why I am prefer completed ones

I do both, but I must say that I prefer airing dramas since I don´t have the time to marathon. ^^

Both, and several at the same time. Right now it's the currently airing K-dramas That Man Oh Soo, Laughter in Waikiki and The Great Seducer, completed K-drama King of High School, C-drama Love Me If You Dare, J-drama Ani ni Aisaresugite Komattemasu. I sometimes watch a movie or two in between as well, usually on weekends.

I'm a marathoner myself. The first drama I started watching while still airing was Todome no Kiss (well technically it was BTS Run! but I'm not counting that lol) and I got tired of waiting for new episodes so I put it on hold. But now I don't care to watch it at all at the current moment even though it ended. 

Currently watching The Great Seducer (only cause Joy is my girl!) but I'm not all that invested in it... I'm episodes behind anyway so my plan is to just never catch up and watch when the mood strikes.

This is a tough one when you get into non-Korean dramas because there is a real possibility the subbers give up and stop.

I'll go with preferring completed to already aired though sometimes if I really like the theme or plot of the show, I'll dive in and hope subtitling continues

It depends...

If I have a lot of time on my hands I prefer to marathon completed dramas, because if I get really immersed in a story it is hard for me to stop and waiting for new episodes is torture.

However, if I don't have lots of time I prefer watching ongoing shows because I don't have time to watch several episodes in a row and if the show is ungoing I can't anyway - so there isn't as much temptation because new episodes won't just appear because I want them to :D