In the novel, Tong Nian was very naive and I feel like the guy was like a wolf who unintentionally  preyed over her. Coz, she's innocent and ignorant at some parts in the book. She's smart yes maybe academically, but on other aspect she's naive and ignorant. She liked him at first sight inside the internet cafe and stalked him in the cyber world (I hope  my memory is correct). 

I wanna see the part where asked an account for the game, and while playing she only followed the Male lead's character all throughout haha. And her cosplaying part. I hope they'll make her wear cosplay outfits here and make her sing ,since she is known as a Goddess in the OST's  (or is it a cyber community for ost covers) and cosplay world.

I can imagine the guy as the male lead. I hope he can project the aloof and intimidating Gun.
Can't wait for this one. 

But I think overall the novel is just so-so , actually it's not realistic to fall for someone you just meet once in an Cyber cafe and met him twice in a gaming competition and she just tagged along with them. I hope they make the drama better and entertaining than the novel. And Make Gun more lovable here. 

What do you think?

I didn't think that Gun preyed on Tong Nian at all. If you remember, she was the one who chased him after falling in love at first sight at the cyber cafe. LOL, some of the things she did were cringey, I even suffered from secondhand embarrassment for her. She's a genius with a high IQ but low EQ which is why at 19, she was doing her masters. And also why she's so naive and innocent.

I actually really like the way Gun was portrayed in the novel so I hope they don't change him at all. He's much older than her (by 10 years) so it is normal for him to appear aloof towards her. Even in the beginning when she followed them during the gaming competition, he had no idea that she was interested in him and thought maybe she was after one of the other players. LOL. He goes out of his way to keep her at arm's length. But her constant chase of him eventually wore him down. 

It's probably not the best of MBFB's novels but it was still an enjoyable read. I hope her other novels get adapted into dramas. I know with this particular author, she's a screenwriter as well and has said that she will adapt her own novels instead of having other screenwriters do it.

One of my favorite things about this book is that both of the leads are popular in their own right. Tong Nian might be a girl chasing after Gun but she's also an internet celebrity. Whereas Gun is well known in the eSports world. So when their worlds collide, it's fun to see the reactions from their fans.

@jennamt4 

I Guess you are right, he is much older than her by 10 years and first part of the novel where he thinks she is after with one of his players (is it grunt) haha 

Hmmn, yes me too. I feel so ashamed for her, doing all the stalking and tagging along to a guy. But at 19? You are old enough to have some shamed with it comes to that aspect. Luckily she's ignorant and naive in that field, instead of a creepy stalker she appear as cute and naive young girl. 

Watched the raw episode 1 last night and  rawr!!! Li Xian as Gun is hot ah!! and Yang Zi can really passed as a 19 yr old

@Indai93

I also bite the bullet and watch Ep 1 raw too. Li Xian is super hot and is fitting to play Gun! LOL. I wasn't sure about Yang Zi at first but when she smiles, she's got really cute dimples. I'm excited to see how the drama will play out.

@jennamt4 

True!! ayyy  (walling) Li Xian is super hotttttttttttt! in black hoodies. Oh my lustful heart haha

Yang Zi looks cute and ignorant , who knows she's smarter than an average girl. Even though I don't understand what it says, looking at Xian's annoyed expressions made my night 

@Indai93 

It looks like Viki will be subbing this. They already subbed the 3 trailers and Yang Zi's music video: https://www.viki.com/tv/36059c-go-go-squid?locale=en

I can't wait for them to sub the episodes! 

@jennamt4   But the subs is taking so long.. I guess we have to wait. Since they are volunteers we have to be patient :D

Li Xian is perfect for the role! So HAWWWWTTTT. Their chemistry seems to be amazing so far based on the BTS. 

Tyduck:

Li Xian is perfect for the role! So HAWWWWTTTT. Their chemistry seems to be amazing so far based on the BTS. 

True !!!! His hoooooooot ayy Gun!

I'm curious about how they manage the second part of the novel. There's a lot of hot scene between them and the story start to develop very slowly, I hope that PDs will not drag the ending and won't cut those scenes.

xElisabeth:

I'm curious about how they manage the second part of the novel. There's a lot of hot scene between them and the story start to develop very slowly, I hope that PDs will not drag the ending and won't cut those scenes.

True!!! but knowing Cdramas I bet they won't put the racy parts  T______T sad

@xElisabeth I've read a few original novels that were adapted into dramas (Boss & Me, Love O2O) where there are more racy scenes in the books but they were toned down or skipped altogether in the drama. I'm not sure how it'll play out with Go Go Squid since the screenwriter is the author. But knowing the censorship and such, it won't get too explicit. Things will be left to the imagination more so. But I know many fans have squealed already because the trailer shows 5 different kiss scenes, lol. 

jennamt4:

@xElisabeth I've read a few original novels that were adapted into dramas (Boss & Me, Love O2O) where there are more racy scenes in the books but they were toned down or skipped altogether in the drama. I'm not sure how it'll play out with Go Go Squid since the screenwriter is the author. But knowing the censorship and such, it won't get too explicit. Things will be left to the imagination more so. But I know many fans have squealed already because the trailer shows 5 different kiss scenes, lol. 

True.. So is that means, there are less racy concept shows in China due to its censorship? 

Indai93:

True.. So is that means, there are less racy concept shows in China due to its censorship? 

Yes, this is correct. It'll never get too sexual. Some dramas like Sealed with a Kiss will make it obvious but it won't be in-your-face.

iv read the english translation of the book and it seem later on that things got very romantic, the drama seems to have scaled back some scenes