Hi,

I'm Jil and yes, that's actually my real name Σ੧(❛□❛✿)
I majored in Chinese and Japanese Translation Studies at university and had the opportunity to live in China as well as Japan for a while.
During that time I was way too busy to obsess over dramas, so I didn't really watch any. Unfortunately, I didn't have the chance to use any of the two languages after graduating, so I basically am starting from scratch now. I have to admit that I graduated only a couple of years ago... I think it was 2011. I was a university student for a looooooooooooong time, mostly because I studied a bunch of subjects, got a degree in most of them, and lived abroad for a while. Life can be funny that way. 

I use dramas as a fun way to get back into the language (currently only watching J-dramas) as I'm going to spend a couple of months working from Japan next year.

I'm 37 and currently live in Germany.

Drama-wise I like anything dark and gloomy, but I'm open to the occasional comedy. I actually love variety shows... it's a guilty pleasure.

I hope to have a good time with everybody.

Cheers,

Jil

Welcome Jil! .... You are lucky you understand both Japanese and Chinese.

If u like dark, these are some of my faves, not on ur list, so in case u have not seen them:

Soredemo, Ikite Yuku

One Million Stars Falling from the Sky

Byakuyako

Onibaba - film

Hi Rainruma,
I wouldn't go so far and say I speak both. I can get by in both languages, but I'm not fluent anymore.
Thanks for the recommendations. I haven't seen any of the ones you've mentioned, but I'm defo gonna check them out, (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

woh so u major in japanese adn chinese but now u cant use them? then what is the use of the major? that is crazyyy!

I took German in college for only a year, but I had no one to practice with and lost all that I had learned. my years on Spanish seemed to go to waste, too. if you can't keep it in use, it all goes. (⌣_⌣”) it sucks, but I hope you're enjoying some good Jdramas! I recommend checking out Boku no Yabai Tsuma and BORDER, if you haven't --- there's an awesome BORDER-related SP that came out earlier this month, too, and another is on the way~

bannie:

woh so u major in japanese adn chinese but now u cant use them? then what is the use of the major? that is crazyyy!

It's called life. Ever heard of the saying: Life is what happens while you make plans?

theairtwit:

I took German in college for only a year, but I had no one to practice with and lost all that I had learned. my years on Spanish seemed to go to waste, too. if you can't keep it in use, it all goes. (⌣_⌣”) it sucks, but I hope you're enjoying some good Jdramas! I recommend checking out Boku no Yabai Tsuma and BORDER, if you haven't --- there's an awesome BORDER-related SP that came out earlier this month, too, and another is on the way~

Cool, thanks for the tips. I will definitely check them out.

Hi Jil  (^ - ^) ノ

Welcome to MDL;  Nice to meet you! ^^