Hello anyone who's kind or bored enough to read this,

I have just spent HOURS transferring many titles over from mydramalist.info, so I'm new here but definitely not new to dramas.

You can call me Miyuki. I am over the age of 21 and I'm from California. I've been a watcher of dramas on and off since 2005 when I saw Hana Yori Dango. Until this year, I'd only watched 2 Korean Dramas though I am changing that now that I've gotten some good ones on my radar and streaming services are so much more accessible for them now (not true for Japanese dramas though RIP). It's been since 2011 that I watched a Japanese Drama so there's a large gap in my tastes, probably.

When it comes to figuring out what to watch, I tend to follow favorite actors and my whims if something sounds really good. I mostly like thriller/dramas and I enjoy a healthy dose of 'human drama' tearjerkers. I guess this site doesn't display favorites but here's a fun list?

Favorite Dramas:

• Hidarime Tantei EYE
  • The Quiz Show (Original)
  • Maou
  • Last Friends
  • Tatta Hitotsu no Koi

My main interests are KPop, film and anything to do with horror. I'd love to watch stuff over rabb.it with people if we share 'Plan to Watch' titles and just chat with folks about dramas ^^

Welcome to MDL and you will find that there are alot of people here that have seen the older Jdramas. I for one only watch Jdramas, so I am sure we have some drama likes in common.

I loved Maou and tatta hitotsu no koi, I write the Japanese stalkers guides, and hit the feeds everyday.  Hope to see you there!

miyuki:
I guess this site doesn't display favorites but here's a fun list?

Welcome!  You can make a list of your favorites and it'll show up on the left side of your profile under "recent lists".  Be warned that "recent" is the key word and if you have more than 3 lists, it really will be the 3 most recently updated that show up.  There's no way to pin them at the top.  (So I've got an odd mixed bag on my profile at the moment lol)

On your profile, click "lists" and then "create a list" to make a custom list of whatever you want - favorites, themes, whatever.

(actually, I thought "favorite dramas", "favorite movies", and "favorite actors" used to show up on your profile, regardless of whether you populated them with anything - I don't see them on your profile though so maybe you have to make them yourself now)

OldAnimeLady:

Welcome to MDL and you will find that there are alot of people here that have seen the older Jdramas. I for one only watch Jdramas, so I am sure we have some drama likes in common.

I loved Maou and tatta hitotsu no koi, I write the Japanese stalkers guides, and hit the feeds everyday.  Hope to see you there!

Thanks for the ad! We have many old likes in common ^^ It's reassuring to know that, also!

I've checked out some of your articles, very cool, thank you for livening up and adding to the drama appreciation, always nice to see!

zeamays:

Welcome!  You can make a list of your favorites and it'll show up on the left side of your profile under "recent lists".  Be warned that "recent" is the key word and if you have more than 3 lists, it really will be the 3 most recently updated that show up.  There's no way to pin them at the top.  (So I've got an odd mixed bag on my profile at the moment lol)

On your profile, click "lists" and then "create a list" to make a custom list of whatever you want - favorites, themes, whatever.

(actually, I thought "favorite dramas", "favorite movies", and "favorite actors" used to show up on your profile, regardless of whether you populated them with anything - I don't see them on your profile though so maybe you have to make them yourself now)

Thank you very much for the tips! It'll be hard to make some of these lists but I look forward to it at the same time~

Hi there! Welcome to MDL :D

if you meant by 'human' dramas are dramas that give you life lesson or make you think about your life, I also totally love them!

Here are my recommendation list (mostly kdrama)

-Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim

-Chief Kim

-Because This Is My First Life

I have more list, but they're the safest choices. Hope you'll like them!

Well done  with the transition. This site is far more clean, organized and user friendly. You will enjoy it here.

So you have not watched JDrama since 2011 but have only watched 2 Kdramas? so 2 Kdramas in the last 5 years? 

Thanks for joining us, Miyuki! 

bannie:

Well done  with the transition. This site is far more clean, organized and user friendly. You will enjoy it here.

So you have not watched JDrama since 2011 but have only watched 2 Kdramas? so 2 Kdramas in the last 5 years? 

Yes, before this year, I'd watched Full House in 2005 and My Love From Another Star in 2014 and that was it. I can't remember if there's any I dropped but at the time I couldn't deal with the length and pacing of KDramas, and especially the overly aggressive male leads in Romances. But I'm glad to have found many things beyond that now. 

As for JDrama, I did finish a couple that had been lingering in recent years but the newest drama I had finished was made in 2011. I used to watch one or two or maybe more during the actual airing season.

icesea:

Hi there! Welcome to MDL :D

if you meant by 'human' dramas are dramas that give you life lesson or make you think about your life, I also totally love them!

Here are my recommendation list (mostly kdrama)

-Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim

-Chief Kim

-Because This Is My First Life

I have more list, but they're the safest choices. Hope you'll like them!

Nice, thank you for the recs!

^^ And yes, that's what I mean, those heartfelt dramas and things about people overcoming hardship and sad life struggles...I've watched a lot of those..

miyuki:

Yes, before this year, I'd watched Full House in 2005 and My Love From Another Star in 2014 and that was it. I can't remember if there's any I dropped but at the time I couldn't deal with the length and pacing of KDramas, and especially the overly aggressive male leads in Romances. But I'm glad to have found many things beyond that now. 

As for JDrama, I did finish a couple that had been lingering in recent years but the newest drama I had finished was made in 2011. I used to watch one or two or maybe more during the actual airing season.

Why the break btw? 5 years is a long time. And what made you come back to Dramas? 

Full House is a great Korean drama.  That is one of the few that I watched. 

bannie:

Why the break btw? 5 years is a long time. And what made you come back to Dramas? 

Full House is a great Korean drama.  That is one of the few that I watched. 

I chose to spend more time on other hobbies and I no longer had the attention span for them. Plus, I hadn't been keeping up with Japanese media much at all at that point, so dramas also fell off for me. Anime was the exception since it's quicker to sit through.

More recently, I've made KPop my primary interest more or less and I wanted to give some idols I follow's dramas a watch and also use it to increase my exposure to the Korean language.

hi miyuki! welcome to MDL! I've also been watching dramas for a while (on and off since 2000), but I  used to watch Kdrama more frequently until I picked up Jdramas again. I'm pretty sure your favorites are all on my PTW list, btw~ ヾ( ̄◇ ̄)ノ

if you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend checking out Misaeng (aka Incomplete Life). It really was the highlight show of 2014 for me, ha ha. you might also like Cruel City, Missing Noir M, Page Turner, Candy House, and Boku no Yabai Tsuma!