My name is Kelly and I live in  beautiful North Yorkshire, England. I  just joined yesterday on the recommendation of someone in a Facebook forum all about period drama's (which I adore). I am a bit of a bookworm too (hence my Haruki Murakami profile pic) and it is Murakami that got me in to all things Asian and I am at the moment trying to read more Bungaku.  None of friends are in to  this so I tend to chat online about it. As a new member I still need to build up my profile up and I have just started watching Moon Lovers/Scarlet Heart which I am enjoying!. I am new to Asian Drama's and I am quite open to genres so I'm hoping to gain some good recommendations and be a active member on here.

I will happily accept any friend requests so don' be shy! ha! Thank you for reading.

Welcome to MDL <33

Thank You Zeineb. :0)

Hi... Nice to meet you... Mine name is Erin and I live in the US.... I watch Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese, anime plus British, Scandinavian, Canadian, American and Australian shows and my favorite genres are crime/mystery and supernatural.... I started watching Asian dramas in 2013 on Dramafever and Viki on my Roku and also comment a lot on the Asian channel forums on Disqus

My recommendations for dramas 

Historical

✔️ Love in the Moonlight

✔️ Sungkyunkwan Scandal

✔️ Scholar Who Walked the Night (vampires) 

✔️ Arang and the Magistrate (gods and spirits) 

Crime

✔️ Missing Noir M

✔️ Love Me if you Dare

✔️ Dr Qin Medical Examiner

✔️ Suspicious Partner ( romance too)

✔️ Special  AffairsTeam TEN

✔️ Bad Guys Season 1

✔️ Day and Night 

✔️ Healer

Supernatural or Time Travel

✔️ Black

✔️ Vampire  Prosecutor

✔️ Goblin

✔️Let's Fight Ghost

✔️ Oh My Ghostess

✔️ Master's Sun

✔️ Tunnel

✔️ Life on Mars (a little different than the British version)

✔️ Circle

✔️ Hwayugi

✔️ While You Were Sleeping

✔️ Are You Human Too?

Hi Erin

Wow, thank you for your informative post I shall be sure to check those out. I have sent you a friend request. Enjoy your week. Kelly

Hello fellow Yorkshire living person (West Yorkshire here). I've only ever read Norwegian Wood and The Elephant Vanishes by Murakami, but I have 1Q84 waiting for me in Japanese when my language skills are good enough. I've been meaning to read Kafka on the Shore for a long time too.

What's your favourite? (if it's one I've not read I'll give it a try)

Mecchaumai- Hello my fellow Yorkshire pudding! Ha!. Norwegian Wood is one of my favourites along with Kafka On The Shore, The Wind Up Bird Chronicle & Sputnik Sweeheart. I seem to like  Murakami’s earlier work more, probably my expectations for IQ84 were all wrong but I didn’t find the same enjoyment but I hope you like it!. I have sent you a friend request on here.

Enjoy your day

Kelly

Welcome to MDL!

Kelly F:

Mecchaumai- Hello my fellow Yorkshire pudding! Ha!. Norwegian Wood is one of my favourites along with Kafka On The Shore, The Wind Up Bird Chronicle & Sputnik Sweeheart. I seem to like  Murakami’s earlier work more, probably my expectations for IQ84 were all wrong but I didn’t find the same enjoyment but I hope you like it!. I have sent you a friend request on here.

Enjoy your day

Kelly

I have heard a lot of good stuff about The Wind Up Bird Chronicle so no doubt  I will pick that one up at some point, will start Kafka On The Shore next though :). 1Q84 has a lot of mixed reactions I've noticed, so I really don't know what to expect. I'll give it a go though, no harm in trying. 

There is a Japanese film of Norwegian Wood but in my opinion they butchered it a little... but I can't help like it a little as it was my favourite book for a long time.

I don't watch many historical dramas, so instead here are some dramas that I love that are based on books...

Dramas that will probably make you cry:

Byakuyako (Into the White Night) - revolves around the lives of two children growing into adulthood after they kill their parents, and how it affects their lives

1 Litre no Namida (1 Litre of Tears) - follows the life of Aya who is diagnosed with a terminal spinocerebellar degenerative disease

Mystery:

Karamazov no Kyodai (The Brothers Karamazov) - murder mystery that looks at 3 brothers who are suspects of killing their father

Yakou Kanransha (Ferris Wheel at Night) - A hardworking family move into a new neighbourhood and make friends with one of their neighbouring families. Mystery surrounding the murder of one of their neighbours.

The one Historical drama I've watched:

Hanako to Anne (Hanako & Anne) - Outlines the life of Hanako Muraoka who goes on to translate Anne of Green Gables into Japanese. [Note, this is an asadora (morning drama), which are 15 mins an episode with a huge number of episodes, I wouldn't let it put you off though]

cruel city was one of the best dramas I've ever watched! it was a masterpiece. i would recommend that drama for something not too focused on romance.

and Welcome to MDL!

Some great recommendations here. 

Thank you so far you guys for recommending & the warm welcome- :0) x