Hello.

I am new here... 

I registered mostly because the community here seems much nicer than MyAnimeList and seems like a better place for a nice conversation. I haven't watched any films / dramas yet but I will do that soon! I love anime and video games (only the ones without too much violence!!) and I try to treat whoever speaks to me with care and respect. Though, I feel a little tired today to make my message nice and cute, please forgive me...

If you'd like to chat - I will be very-very happy!!!!

Hi! Welcome to MDL and I hope you find everything you are looking for.

It really is a nice place for a good conversation. You will definitely find movies/dramas that fit your taste. I used to watch anime too, but I haven't watched any for some months. I love your profile pic (I love Kuroshitsuji!). Your message is great don't worry. 

What kind of genres do you like the most? Any preferences in series (Korean, Japanese, Thai etc.) ?

Again welcome I hope you have fun here.

Ackery:

Hi! Welcome to MDL and I hope you find everything you are looking for.

It really is a nice place for a good conversation. You will definitely find movies/dramas that fit your taste. I used to watch anime too, but I haven't watched any for some months. I love your profile pic (I love Kuroshitsuji!). Your message is great don't worry. 

What kind of genres do you like the most? Any preferences in series (Korean, Japanese, Thai etc.) ?

Again welcome I hope you have fun here.

Thanks. : )

Yes, I love Kuroshitsuji! ^_^ My favorite one is actually Kuroshitsuji II where they went creative and did not follow the manga, and also Book of Circus and Book of Atlantic movies. Atlantic is just amazing and as it is always with Kuroshitsuji, the characters that I never thought would take the spotlight have risen to the unreachable heights!! There hasn't been anything Kuro. in 2018 and 2019 yet, so hopefully this or another year there will be a series or a movie! 

When it comes to genres... hm, it's difficult to explain because sometimes the genre that I like have things that I'm not a big fan of. It's more about the style for me. Romanticism, happy with deeper meaning or just any comedy (I like ecchi comedies, too but not all of them as some tend to get a bit annoying)... It's difficult to explain what my preference is but I do have it and it just clicks when I know something is for me. :3

And no, no preference. If you want to make a recommendation - don't worry, it'll probably be very difficult since I haven't watched barely anything. xD 

He-he, thank you. ^_^

I loved book of circus. I LOVED IT! I haven't watched book of Atlantic yet. I am currently reading the manga and I am wondering if it will ever be completed. It is so frustrating to wait so long for a chapter. I hope that I will read the ending some day.

I wanted to make a recommendation, but I am not really into comedy. I like some good romance, but I prefer crime/suspense series. Here are some:  (check them out, maybe something clicks for you):

Kazoku game -> not to be dramatic, but this is so good. My first recommendation to everyone. (it is not the typical family drama. I consider it a satire.) 

dele

Moon lovers: Scarlet heart ryeo-> This is considered great in dramaland, but it is not for all people. (plus I haven't seen the original, that is probably better)

The gifted

You who came from the stars -> This is also considered a must for drama watchers. Still, in my opinion it is not for everyone. I enjoyed it though.

Empress Ki-> I don't recommend this for the first drama you will watch. It is lengthy and you have to know if you are into the genre to watch this. So if you find yourself liking historical dramas in the future, give this a chance.

This are some of the dramas I really liked. They probably don't fit your preferences (expect Kazoku game in some aspects, still promoting this series )as we are watching different things :( , but check them out you may find something that you like.

Ackery:
I loved book of circus. I LOVED IT! I haven't watched book of Atlantic yet. I am currently reading the manga and I am wondering if it will ever be completed. It is so frustrating to wait so long for a chapter. I hope that I will read the ending some day.

Yes!! Book of Circus is amazing. Watch Book of Atlantic, too; I'm reading the manga, too by the way. Though, it takes me some time to get used to because I haven't read that many manga yet... my native language isn't English and it was difficult for me to read even in my native language, let alone English... but I do read manga, too! Currently on chapter 91 and I do say, I miss hearing Sakamoto Maaya as Ciel. : (

I haven't watched any crime/suspense yet, but I played Yakuza games. Yakuza Kiwami 1-2 and Zero are my all-time favorite games, but I didn't like Yakuza 3 through 6. And if you don't know, Yakuza is a video game series which is pretty much a Japanese drama but in a video game format.  If you like crime and suspense, I highly suggest you to play those games! Kiwami 1-2 and Zero are very accessible and modern, so you won't have any issues with it being your first game if you haven't played any to this point.

Here is a story trailer. 

You don't necessarily need to get a console for it and you can just watch it on YouTube, not a biggie. )

Thank you for the recommendations!! I'll add them to my list and will take a look at, for sure! You're very kind. ^_^

I really need to watch it. I completely understand your struggle. English is not my native language either and it takes time to be able to read comfortable enough. (Your English is great btw).

I am not into videogames, or most accurately I have never played in a console (PS4 etc.). Maybe I had when I was little, but I remember nothing. It does sounds interesting though, but not enough money to buy and play it. I searched it though and only yakuza kiwami 2 is available here.  

From the trailer it seems awesome. Plus I love Japanese as a language and that makes the trailer even better. Too bad I can't play it. I will watch the story, as soon as I have time.

You are very kind too! If  this is your favourite video game, then search for movies/dramas with yakuza. (The only thing I have watched with Yakuza is Ouroboros, which was pretty good, but I am sure you will find plenty with that theme.)

Ackery:

I really need to watch it. I completely understand your struggle. English is not my native language either and it takes time to be able to read comfortable enough. (Your English is great btw).

I am not into videogames, or most accurately I have never played in a console (PS4 etc.). Maybe I had when I was little, but I remember nothing. It does sounds interesting though, but not enough money to buy and play it. I searched it though and only yakuza kiwami 2 is available here.  

From the trailer it seems awesome. Plus I love Japanese as a language and that makes the trailer even better. Too bad I can't play it. I will watch the story, as soon as I have time.

You are very kind too! If  this is your favourite video game, then search for movies/dramas with yakuza. (The only thing I have watched with Yakuza is Ouroboros, which was pretty good, but I am sure you will find plenty with that theme.)

I wouldn't say that I'm not comfortable reading it as I watch all anime with English subtitles and Japanese audio, but it's a bit tiresome to read, especially in a foreign language. Thanks for the compliment, my skills are based purely on memory so it's not like I actually learned the language. xD I just remembered how to write it correctly. I'm glad I did because so many anime don't have subtitles in my native language, so now I just watch everything with English subtitles. 

Your English is very good, too. ^_^

Don't worry about not playing it. If you want just the story, watching it on YouTube is fine. I just thought you'll like it because you mentioned crime / suspense and I was trying to play the 6th game yesterday.

I wouldn't say that I'm that interested in the yakuza theme. In fact, I couldn't enjoy the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th Yakuza games because they were kind of focused on the whole "who is from which clan" and etc.. I just don't really like politics or anything like that. The first games had a personal story and that's why I liked them, but it went a bit more yakuza-like as they went. And the gameplay is very interesting, but again, you can experience the main story by just watching it, not a big deal. : )

And thanks for another recommendation, too. ) 

I understand what  you mean. I am also thankful that I know English since I wouldn't be able to do things I enjoy if I didn't know the language.

Thank you!

Yeah, it does fit to my taste. 

Understandable, politics get boring and confusing at times and after a while they are not that interesting. When I said Yakuza theme I mostly meant series/movies that have something to do with yakuza (a protagonist for example) not necessarily being about the clans, politics etc.

You are welcome ;)

Ackery:

I understand what  you mean. I am also thankful that I know English since I wouldn't be able to do things I enjoy if I didn't know the language.

Thank you!

Yeah, it does fit to my taste. 

Understandable, politics get boring and confusing at times and after a while they are not that interesting. When I said Yakuza theme I mostly meant series/movies that have something to do with yakuza (a protagonist for example) not necessarily being about the clans, politics etc.

You are welcome ;)

I understand!
^_^