Hi everyone!

I'm relatively new to watching K-Drama's, my mum got my hooked on them with Strong Woman Do Bong Soon and it's kinda spiralled out of control since then - I mean thoroughly out of control.

Being a 45 year old father of two, I'm probably not the normal demographic for being hooked on romance k-drama's but... what the hey - my favourite colour is Pink too, so...

At work i'm a Senior Producer for a video games company which is always a fun and challenging job to have and you can't beat making games for a living.  Prior to this I was in London working as a software engineer on online banking security and telecoms for local government so... it's a bit more fun than that...

For K-Drama shows I like anything with a strong female lead, I like the warm fuzzy romances and fun storylines. I'm basically open to watching just about anything.

I've started learning Korean so that I can get a better understanding of the nuances of the dialogue - the translations are great but still don't (and can't realistically) capture cultural nuances like formalities as well as just understanding the language I think.  My kids are big K-pop fans (BTS specifically i think) and they're learning too, so the four of us are strongly looking at a holiday in Seoul some time in the next year or two and that's encouraging us to do well with our language studies :)

Look forward to interacting with all of you on here!

Matt.

Welcome Matt!  I’m pretty new too.  Still finding my way around the site. Glad you found Kdramas and MDL! : )

Hi Matt! Happy to have you! 

I pretty recently got into kdramas too and I watch a lot of stuff on Viki. I've noticed that the subtitles will sometimes mention things like "said in formal speech" or something similar. So I totally understand what you mean about the subtleties. That's going to be so neat when you start to recognize those small cultural speech differences. Good luck with the learning process! :D

Welcome Matt!! I'm into the same drama selection as you, If you need any suggestions please let me know. Would love to hear what dramas you would recommend also!

-Kayl