I am not really a fan of nihanjins - give me a Korean any day (exception of course my little Zilly :p ) but I am watching Pride at the moment & I have to admit I am really impressed with Mr Takuya
i want to watch more of his dramas..but not sure what to watch..i would like to see him in a romantic role..any recommendations? i read the synopsis of few of his dramas, they didn't look romance based...fyi, loved him in Pride so something similar would be great ^_^
kimchifans wrote: he's 40 this year!! but he's still hot!!! love you kimutaku...

LOL! I love that he's still sexy at 40

RainFlower wrote: I am not really a fan of nihanjins - give me a Korean any day (exception of course my little Zilly :p ) but I am watching Pride at the moment & I have to admit I am really impressed with Mr Takuya

I know! Back before I watched Pride I would see pictures of him and he did NOTHING for me. But there is just something about him when he is acting. I ADORED him in Pride. I found him sexy, manly and gorgeous. He just wore the part of Haru like a second skin and owned it completely! He is tops on my strange attraction list ever since I finished that drama.

I think I shall call Japanese people by the name the call themselves from now on. Nihanjin. It seems to fit better. ;)
KamZ wrote: i want to watch more of his dramas..but not sure what to watch..i would like to see him in a romantic role..any recommendations? i read the synopsis of few of his dramas, they didn't look romance based...fyi, loved him in Pride so something similar would be great ^_^

I second this any romantic dramas let me know too :D

Jeaniessi wrote:
I think I shall call Japanese people by the name the call themselves from now on. Nihanjin. It seems to fit better. ;)

It stuck with me from when i visited my friend in Japan she taught me a few basic phrases much to her regret lol I annoyed her no end by threatening to go up to people and saying Nihanjin deska?
KamZ wrote: i want to watch more of his dramas..but not sure what to watch..i would like to see him in a romantic role..any recommendations? i read the synopsis of few of his dramas, they didn't look romance based...fyi, loved him in Pride so something similar would be great ^_^

RainFlower wrote: I second this any romantic dramas let me know too :D

It stuck with me from when i visited my friend in Japan she taught me a few basic phrases much to her regret lol I annoyed her no end by threatening to go up to people and saying Nihanjin deska?

I've watched Love Generation...just bare with the video..cause it'a a little old..
Also Beautiful life...I'm watching Long Vacation and I think it's also Romance...
you can also watch Tsuki no Koibito, it has romance in it ^^
Summary writeup tracing Takuya's Life n Career commencing 1987 to Present ...
Credit : ashley @ Jdorama

In 1987, he was taken on by the Johnny's Jimusho talent agency, which specializes in handsome young male idols, and became a member of Johnny's Junior. One of his relatives had sent in the application. He was in a Jr. unit called "Skate Boys". Skate Boys used to be backup dancers of Hikaru Genji, which at the time was a popular group.

In 1988, SMAP (Masahiro Nakai, Takuya Kimura, Goro Ingaki, Katsuyuki Mori, Tsuyoshi Kusanagi, Shingo Katori) was created. Although all SMAP members were in a dorama in 1988, Takuya's father didn't like his son working in the entertainment industry.

In 1989, Takuya was in a play called Modoken. When Takuya's father came to see the play, he was impressed by his son's acting ability, and urged his son to pursue his career.

In 1990, he was in a drama called "Brother, sister, I don't wanna die!" He starred as a sick boy.

In 1991, his dream was realized when SMAP debuted with a single called "Can't Stop!! ~Loving." However, SMAP was not very popular for a Johnny's Idol Group at that time. Their debut single wasn't a success, and when they had their first concert, the hall was almost empty.

SMAP slowly gained popularity through a variety program called 愛ラブSMAP, though.

1993 was a year of opportunity for SMAP and Takuya. He was in a drama called Asunaro Hakusho, which was a huge hit. In that drama, he starred as Osamu Toride, an university student who is in love with a girl called Narumi Sonoda. Toride was portrayed as a shy guy who only cares about one girl.

SMAP also got more popular with a single called $10. Hikaru Genji was not as popular anymore and it was time for SMAP to get the spotlight.

In 1994, Kimutaku Syndrome made this newcomer a superstar. But in reality, he hates being called Kimutaku and has asked his fans not to call him that.

He was voted the Favorite Guy by Japanese women's magazine "AnAn", and was also voted as the Best Jeanist. So far, he has been voted the favorite guy 12 times consecutively and will not be included from next year.

In 1995, he was also in a movie called 君を忘れない, which gained people's attention.

In 1996, a drama called Long Vacation made him even more popular. He was a young shy pianist called "Sena" who falls in love with an older girl who used be a model. 'Long Vacation' topped the TV ratings, and ever since, every drama of Takuya has become a big hit.

SMAP then started a variety show called 'SMAP X SMAP' which made SMAP even more popular.

In 1997, he was in two dramas. 'Gift' and 'Love Generation." Love Generation topped the ratings and was very popular. Gift was criticized in some ways because some people thought it encouraged teenage crime.

In 1999, he broke up with his longtime girlfriend, Kaorin. He and Kaorin were together for nine years, but Kaorin dumped Takuya because she was tired of being 'Kimutaku's girlfriend.' Takuya was very sad about it.

With the success of TV drama Beautiful Life, in 2000, he was at the peak of his popularity when he announced his marriage with 'Shizuka Kudo,' an idol singer. Of course, his fans were shocked and angered. Shizuka was pregnant when they announced their marriage. Many people thought Takuya Kimura's career would finish with his marriage.

In 2001, however, Takuya proved that he was not finished yet with a drama called Hero. Hero set a record with its very high TV ratings.

In 2001, his first daughter, Kokomi, was born and his second daughter, Mitsuki, was born in 2003. Takuya is still very popular. He was in many dramas after Hero, such as Sorakara Furu Ichiokuno Hoshi, Good Luck!!, and Pride.

He was also in a movie called '2046' as Tak, and voice actor of Howl in Hayao Miyazaki's animation Howl's Moving Castle.
darkangel662008 wrote: I've watched Love Generation...just bare with the video..cause it'a a little old..
Also Beautiful life...I'm watching Long Vacation and I think it's also Romance...

twinklelie wrote: you can also watch Tsuki no Koibito, it has romance in it ^^

Thanks I shall add these to my PTW list :)
darkangel662008 wrote: Summary writeup tracing Takuya's Life n Career commencing 1987 to Present ...
Credit : ashley @ Jdorama

In 1987, he was taken on by the Johnny's Jimusho talent agency, which specializes in handsome young male idols, and became a member of Johnny's Junior. One of his relatives had sent in the application. He was in a Jr. unit called "Skate Boys". Skate Boys used to be backup dancers of Hikaru Genji, which at the time was a popular group.

In 1988, SMAP (Masahiro Nakai, Takuya Kimura, Goro Ingaki, Katsuyuki Mori, Tsuyoshi Kusanagi, Shingo Katori) was created. Although all SMAP members were in a dorama in 1988, Takuya's father didn't like his son working in the entertainment industry.

My birth year. :D
Sleepninja wrote: My birth year. :D

Awww Donsaeng! ;)

I have downloaded Love Generation. Anyone watched this? What do you think of it? It and Mr. Brain are sitting in my HD waiting for me.

and again...Pride is awesome!
Jeaniessi wrote: Awww Donsaeng! ;)

I have downloaded Love Generation. Anyone watched this? What do you think of it? It and Mr. Brain are sitting in my HD waiting for me.

It's cute drama...And as always his amazing...
i thought my mr brain..is sitting in someones HD..but it turned to ashes b4 i wanted to watch it lol anyway how about The Grand Tribe?
Jeaniessi wrote: Awww Donsaeng! ;)

I know Mr. Brain is on my list. I'm not sure about the others.
bokami wrote: i thought my mr brain..is sitting in someones HD..but it turned to ashes b4 i wanted to watch it lol

anyway how about The Grand Tribe?

kekeke!!! Haven't watch that one..but I'm planning to...it's in my next in line...
can you list here your favorite Kimmydrammus in order..so i can move forward to them easily