Takuya Kimura (木村 拓哉 Kimura Takuya, also known as Kimutaku, is a Japanese singer, actor, radio personality, and the member of SMAP, the best-selling boy band in Asia. He is regarded as a Japanese icon after achieving an unprecedented success as an actor and influencing Japanese culture and language, and established himself as the most successful celebrity in Asia.

Idol/Singer turned to Successful Actor, since 1996

A 1996 television series, Long Vacation, in which he landed his first lead role, became a massive success, creating a phrase called the Lonvaca phenomenon. He was given the title, "The King of Ratings", as his subsequent television series continued to generate high ratings and each show becoming a social phenomenon as they aired. Five of his most successful works are ranked in the top ten highest-rated television series in Japanese history. His 2001 series, Hero, is the all-time highest-rated program in Japan. He has also starred in blockbuster films, including Howl's Moving Castle (2004), Love and Honor (2006), and Hero (2007).
74fa975f2d128d418dc56e29235eea16.jpghqdefault.jpg
CXxMIPSUsAAku5K.jpg
126a97aa592131ede406e997f9e164d3.jpg
kimutaku.png
04100012.jpg
tsukikoi-dramaticallyincorrect-wp.jpg
498d96400f3d1db950a61296e77ec8b2.jpg
zx424.jpg
I LOVE him! He's one of my all time favourite japanese idols since Beautiful Life dorama. 
Who is Kimura Takuya? Well, he is the king of Japanese dramas.
@chibiladychoi: Well said! :)
Don't get my wrong. I love Kimura Takuya! I just wanted to bring that topic out to get somebody's attention. 
Agreed!! The King of Japanese Drama. Since the drama "Long Vacation" and "Love Generation" hit the market, the entire Asia tone in watching it. He brought the Japanese Drama to be the top in Asia, since 1996. 
Even though Im 25 years old, but I love Kimura Takuya. He is one of my favorite actor. I loved all his romance, love, and investigation genre. He looks handsome and cute. His personality is great!! 
My gosh, Kimura Takuya is, was, and will be my TOP JDrama actor of all time. He doesn't even look his age. He's so freaking hot. Plus he's multi-talented. 
I really love Kimura Takuya! His personality and acting is quite good.
He is still very handsome and gorgeous to me!!
I like him because there is something completely wild and manly about him. 
He's one of my favourite actors of all times! He's just so natural........
He's so talented. Whenever I see him in the cast of a movie, I watch it immediately 
Kimura Takuya WON Best Actor Award in South Korea too!!  (2007)
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/people/2012/1...

2007 Nominated Award of the Japanese Academy Best Actor Bushi no ichibun (2006) Takuya Kimura declined his nomination. 2012 Nominated Golden Nymph

Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series Nankyoku tairiku: Kami no ryouiki ni idonda otoko to inu no monogatari (2011) Nikkan Sports Film Awards 2007 Won

Nikkan Sports Film Award Best Actor Bushi no ichibun (2006) 1994 Won Ishihara Yujiro New Actor Award Shoot (1994)
Kimura Takuya ("KING OF J-DRAMA AND J-POP - SMAP)

Best Actor Awards 2007 and 2012 - in Japan
Best Actor Award 2007 - in South Korea - http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/special/2007/...

Awards of the Japanese Academy 2007 Nominated Award of the Japanese Academy Best Actor Bushi no ichibun (2006) Takuya Kimura declined his nomination. Monte-Carlo TV Festival 2012 Nominated Golden Nymph Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series Nankyoku tairiku: Kami no ryouiki ni idonda otoko to inu no monogatari (2011) Nikkan Sports Film Awards 2007 Won Nikkan Sports Film Award Best Actor Bushi no ichibun (2006) 1994 Won Ishihara Yujiro New Actor Award Shoot (1994)