As Shuuji and Akira (Kame and Yamapi) soon to have a reunion drama this Spring 2017, we won't expect Nobuko to appear as a cameo, let alone leading a drama.

Maki Horikita Retires from Entertainment Industry

As of February 28, actress Maki Horikita has retired from the entertainment industry.  On March 1, she expressed her gratitude through her agency: “To everyone who has taken care of me, thank you for a wonderful 14 years.” Horikita debuted in 2003 with the movie “Cosmic Rescue” after passing the audition for the film’s heroine role.  Since then, she has starred in numerous dramas, movies, and commercials, including hits such as “Always Sanchome no Yuhi” and “Hanazakari no Kimitachi e ~Ikemen Paradise~”.  She married actor Koji Yamamoto in August 2015, and gave birth to her first child in December last year.

Horikita’s full statement: “I have decided to leave my career that I’ve had until now. As a mother, and I am living a very blessed life with my beloved family.  With this warmth, I plan to protect this happiness with all of my might. After discussing with my husband, he has respected my feelings.  The two of us will continue to work together to create a family that is full of love. To all of my fans who have supported me, to everyone who has taken care of me, thank you for a wonderful 14 years. February 28, 2017 Maki Horikita”

story from: http://aramajapan.com/news/maki-horikita-retires-f...

What are your thoughts, people of MDL?

edit: from Narimiya Hiroko to Horikita Maki................. :(
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

At least it wasnt becuz of negativity that she is going to retire ( hiroki :c)
True, she will leave the entertainment industry with her head up high. Respect for this lovely lady!
^ true,  to think im older than her.. I wish her well,  really.. 
A bit sad. I really enjoyed Horikiti in "Nobuta wo Produce" and "Hana Kimi". Her roles after that didn't leave much of an impact on me.
Happy that she is taking time to spend on her family ... she's been in the industry for a while.
Maybe she'll come back?

:)
I am not too sad, but I wish her the bet.. Wasn't a big fan of her anyway. I know people really liked Nobuta wo Produce, but I did not care about it much.

With that said, I LOVE HanaKimi, it's really funny, but I loved it because of the entire supporting cast, not because of her >.