What is this, people? There is no thread for Fujiki Naohito - I just searched the forum! So, I decided to follow every fangirl's duty and post a new thread. Don't you think he deserves it?

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/ockoala/Japan%20News/fn1.jpg[/img]

MDL profile page

Fujiki Naohito (藤木直人) became an actor when he won a casting competition during his college years at Waseda University. Fujiki is also a pop singer and has held many concerts all around Japan. He married his long time girlfriend in 2005 and they have two children.

Fujiki Naohito debuted in 1996 in the movie Hana Yori Dango and since then he has been in more than 50 dramas/movies (you can watch him in the currently airing drama Doctor X 2), which is why I made the decision not to list his full filmography here - I urge you instead to click the link above! I think he's worthy of a stalker's guide... but I'm not the right person to write it because I haven't watched enough of his dramas/movies yet to be able to do him justice. (So who wants to do it?? Has it already been done??)

Anyway, let's talk about Fujiki Naohito! I know you want to! :D

Doesn't he have the cutest smile ever?

What's your favourite drama/movie with him? What was the first role you saw him in? Which drama/movie made you a fan?

The first time I saw him was in Last Cinderella. The guy he portrayed, Tachibana... I have to say that I didn't like him at all, at first. After a few episodes, though, I began to like him more, I guess because he proved that he was really a good guy after all. I didn't really think a lot about him, though. Sometime later, I decided to watch Antique. In this drama he plays a shy and talented pastry chef - the cakes in this drama are to die for, seriously!! - and he smiles so cutely. Little by little, I found myself falling for his cute smile, his soft-looking, kind-looking face... and before I knew it, I liked the close-ups of his face more than the close-ups of the wonderful cakes...

Since then (not so long ago!) I've watched three of his dramas (and put two on hold - I'm still debating with myself over Hotaru no hikari - should I finish it or not? - and dropped one... I did not like Yako no kaidan because the characters were strange and the plot boring and didn't make sense to me) and I'm eager to watch more. (I just haven't had time yet!) The drama Koukou Kyoushi 2003 is a combination of things I like and dislike: age-gap relationship and a pacing to my liking, and characters I feel something for, but also a male lead who does stupid, selfish things, crazy and obsessed characters, and completely illogical behaviour... but for some reason, I [I]loved
the drama. Fujiki Naohito's acting made his character vulnerable and likeable, and he made my heart melt when he smiled...

Other than the titles I've mentioned, I have also watched (and liked) Around 40 (it has a similar theme as Last Cinderella: female friendship and the difficulty of finding love when you're a career woman over 30) and Control (I don't know how can pull it off, to be hot and cute at the same time!!), and Shibatora, which wasn't bad but I put it on hold because I wasn't in the mood for that kind of story. I might watch Doctor X 2 (I liked the first season) next, but after that, in your opinion, what should I watch?

Do you also like him as a singer? I read somewhere recently (I don't remember where) that he writes his own music. I only found out like two months or so ago that he's also a singer and I've listenend to some of his songs on YouTube. At first I thought what I heard was kind of "meh" but then I relized that he sings different kind of songs. Some are kind of average in in my opinion, some are soft and slow, some are more energetic, some are pretty corny, but make me in a good mood. :D Also, he has a good voice that I enjoy listening to. And I think that musical talent is very attractive... So, while I prefer him as an actor, I think his music is a very nice bonus.

What do you think? What's your favourite Fujiki Naohito song? Have you seen him live?

Here's one that I like:

The first drama I saw him in was 1 Litre of Tears, but the first time I noticed him was in Propose Daisakusen. All the way through that mess I kept thinking, of course she's going to choose a mature and charming man over that idiot Yamapi, just let the girl get married. And so I became a part-time Fujiki Naohito fan.

My favourite drama of his is definitely Koukou Kyoushi 2003. I hate everything about Koga, but the flashes of vulnerability hit me where it hurts and I ended up unable to hate Koga himself.

Control... I'm not a fan of episodic crime, but Fujiki's chemistry with Matsushita Nao was sharp and fresh. (In truth I only watched the drama for Yokoyama.)

Oh, and he was Chono in the live-action of 20th Century Boys. That made me go "yay" a bit.

As for his music, "meh" is pretty much my opinion tbh. xD Apologies to Fujiki-san!
He's one of my favorite Japanese actors, maybe even my #1 favorite. I watched almost all his movies and dramas. For me he looked his best in the movie "G@me". Man, he was sexy there! And he looked adooooooooooorable in the very first "Hana Yori Dango", when he played Rui. That was in 1995, I think.
femmedesneiges wrote: but the flashes of vulnerability hit me where it hurts and I ended up unable to hate Koga himself.

Yes, exactly... you said it better than I did! :)

algelic wrote: He's one of my favorite Japanese actors, maybe even my #1 favorite.

I watched almost all his movies and dramas. For me he looked his best in the movie "G@me". Man, he was sexy there!

And he looked adooooooooooorable in the very first "Hana Yori Dango", when he played Rui. That was in 1995, I think.

Almost all? Wow! Then I think you should write a stalker's guide. ;) G@me is on my PTW list. :) Judging from the reviews, I didn't think it was that good, but Fujiki Naohito+Nakama Yukie? how can I not watch that?! *lol* And I don't know if I'll watch the first HYD movie (it's like... one version is enough for me!) but I like that he played Rui because I like Rui. :)
OMG! I've seen him in three dramas, but I watched them so long ago that I hardly remember the cast. T-T He played the groom in Proposal Daisakusen right? I remember enjoying his acting. ^^
I only discovered him recently in Last Cinderella and I liked him in that.
_Rosie wrote: I only discovered him recently in Last Cinderella and I liked him in that.

Rosie, you've got a lot of good things ahead of you. :) As do I.

I like him so far in Doctor X2! The character development surprised me, haha. (I think S2 is better than the first!)
I've been watching Mikeneko Holmes no Suiri. Wasn't expecting much, but Fujiki's novelist/unemployed character is really cute (along with pretty much all the other characters).
lily_b wrote: Rosie, you've got a lot of good things ahead of you. :) As do I.

I like him so far in Doctor X2! The character development surprised me, haha. (I think S2 is better than the first!)

I saw Hotaru No Hikari but I didnt really like that one so much....I will have to check out the one you're watching at some point :)
femmedesneiges wrote: I've been watching Mikeneko Holmes no Suiri. Wasn't expecting much, but Fujiki's novelist/unemployed character is really cute (along with pretty much all the other characters).

I wanted to watch that one, but only five episodes are on GoodDrama, so I figured it was better not to start watching it. (I didn't look for it anywhere else, though.)

_Rosie wrote: I saw Hotaru No Hikari but I didnt really like that one so much....I will have to check out the one you're watching at some point :)

I didn't like H no H much either!! Most people seem to love it but I don't. If you liked Last Cinderella, maybe you'd enjoy Around 40. The theme is similar but it's quieter and perhaps more serious. Fujiki Naohito's character is the younger love interest of the main character. I liked him a lot in this drama.
lily_b wrote: I wanted to watch that one, but only five episodes are on GoodDrama, so I figured it was better not to start watching it. (I didn't look for it anywhere else, though.)

Ah, I've been watching it raw but I hope there are subs for it somewhere so I can watch it with a friend. It's a really nice drama. (I like both the cast and the "atmosphere", which is rare for me in a detective drama.)

First drama i saw of him was Hotaru no Hikari. The problem with HnH is that at first it's boring and a little point-less, even I dropped it a few times after the first ep. However after 3 eps one can catch up and fall in love with the characters and their peculiar personalities. What I really love is how their relationship develops, so slow and natural. The second season is much better because you can really sense the struggling of them to maintain and grow a healthy relationship and also there's great character development. It's all about the meaning of love, ;P But i really encourage you to watch him on HnH, honestly it's one of his best roles.
Pfft! That screencap is hilarious. I should watch this one. :) It's been sitting on my list for ages.
sakuraKhey wrote:
First drama i saw of him was Hotaru no Hikari. The problem with HnH is that at first it's boring and a little point-less, even I dropped it a few times after the first ep. However after 3 eps one can catch up and fall in love with the characters and their peculiar personalities. What I really love is how their relationship develops, so slow and natural. The second season is much better because you can really sense the struggling of them to maintain and grow a healthy relationship and also there's great character development. It's all about the meaning of love, ;P But i really encourage you to watch him on HnH, honestly it's one of his best roles.

*lol* yes, I agree with Sleepninja!

Well, yes, I can agree Fujiki Naohito's role in HnH was good - his character and the way the relationship developed were the things I enjoyed when I tried to watch it this summer, and I wasn't even a fangirl yet - I just lost my patience with this drama. I had the opposite experience; I liked it in the first episode, I even liked the second, I began to feel impatient at ep 3, and somewhere around ep 4 I was considering dropping it! I haven't dropped it yet, I just put it on hold a few minutes in to episode 6...
I couldn't sleep so I was googling for pictures..... Does anyone know which drama or movie this photo is from: http://www.cinemagia.ro/actori/naohito-fujiki-45451/poze/951750/

Maybe it isn't even from a drama at all, of course it could be an album cover photo or whatever, but I thought I could at least ask. :)