femmedesneiges wrote: Yamapi and his face and his uselessness make me sad in ways I don't understand.

"His uselesness" LOL he should just be paid to stand their and be pretty. That's all he's good at. That and having moobs.
Panda-san wrote: "His uselesness" LOL he should just be paid to stand their and be pretty. That's all he's good at. That and having moobs.

If I'm watching something that involves Yamapi I'm probably only watching it to see him be pretty anyway. Moobs are a plus, perm is a minus.

I want to see him play the tragicomic role of a very pretty, very confused, slightly dim alien navigating his way through an existential crisis after having landed in a dystopian Japan with no concept of beauty. No versatility required.
He should've played Night in Absolute Boyfriend. The role would've been perfect for him. Little to no acting required and lots of bare torso!
femmedesneiges wrote: If I'm watching something that involves Yamapi I'm probably only watching it to see him be pretty anyway. Moobs are a plus, perm is a minus.

I want to see him play the tragicomic role of a very pretty, very confused, slightly dim alien navigating his way through an existential crisis after having landed in a dystopian Japan with no concept of beauty. No versatility required.

haha. versatility may not be a word to describe him. but dang~ he's everywhere in japanese media: entertainment, variety shows, dramas/movies, etc.
nielyngrace wrote: haha. versatility may not be a word to describe him. but dang~ he's everywhere in japanese media: entertainment, variety shows, dramas/movies, etc.

I guess they have to get a return on their investment somehow. I can't tolerate him on variety. He's like a tamed bear being whipped into doing something against its nature. I still listen to his music though.

Panda-san wrote: He should've played Night in Absolute Boyfriend. The role would've been perfect for him. Little to no acting required and lots of bare torso!

That would be perfect! They should do a remake.
the comments here about yamapi are so funny but i can't agree more :)
femmedesneiges wrote: I guess they have to get a return on their investment somehow. I can't tolerate him on variety. He's like a tamed bear being whipped into doing something against its nature. I still listen to his music though.

That would be perfect! They should do a remake.

Hated the first one but I would watch it! Heck I'm going to watch the Taiwanese version mainly because of Jiro Wang's glorious physique--I mean his acting....*ahem*

Oh and I must add, I think that Yamapi was a bit more lifelike and actually showed a bit of personality in his latest show, Otona no Kiss Eigo. And he can actually speak English! I mean actually speak as in articulate complex thoughts and not "Mai neimu isu Yamashita Tomohisa! Naisu to meetu you!" lol