MDL Drama Link[/URL]

"W no Higeki" is an adaptation of a novel by Natsuki Shizuko, which was first published in 1982. It was turned into a theatrical movie in 1984, then got two separate drama adaptations in 2001 and 2010.

The new version of the story will have Takei playing two different characters. One is Mako, the daughter of a major business conglomerate. She has always lived in comfort, and as a result, she yearns to finally grasp life with her own hands. The other character is Satsuki, a show pub dancer who lives a solitary and destitute life in a corner of the city and who desires money and power. Although the characters and setting are different from the original, the drama appears to follow the same concept of two women who exchange lives, leading to various tragic events for both of them. --Tokyograph

[U]Cast
Takei Emi as Watsuji Mako / Kurasawa Satsuki
Kiritani Kenta as Yumisaka Keiichiro
Matsushita Yuki as Ichijo Haruo
Fukuda Saki as Tachibana Kirara
Gouriki Ayame as Mido Sayaka
Morita Ayaka as Layla
Kon Natsumi (昆夏美) as Kurara
Terada Minori as Watsuji Yohee
Nogiwa Yoko as Watsuji Mine
Wakamura Mayumi as Watsuji Yoshie
Nakamura Shunsuke as Watsuji Michihiko
Takeda Kohei as Watsuji Takuo
Kaneda Akio as Watsuji Shigeru
Takahashi Issei as Masaki Shohei
Hirooka Yuriko as Kimura Shino

Teaser:

Who plans to watch this?
I think I'm going to give this one a try.
Princess and the pauper... I am going to add this and tentatively keep a look out for other's comments to see if I will watch.
sounds interesting...added ^^
Is anyone watching this drama? If so, is it any good so far?

Teaser:

LisNoir wrote: Is anyone watching this drama? If so, is it any good so far?

I am! :) This was actually my first episode review I think. I wasn't expecting much because it's a premise that has been done a million times, but it's really good. I'm definitely going to keep watching. It's well done and the acting is pretty good too. It also keeps improving with every episode, which can be rare, hehe.
Kawaikochan wrote: I am! :) This was actually my first episode review I think. I wasn't expecting much because it's a premise that has been done a million times, but it's really good. I'm definitely going to keep watching. It's well done and the acting is pretty good too. It also keeps improving with every episode, which can be rare, hehe.

Great! Thanks Kawai
i started it tonight and barreled thru the available epis...so happy i don't have to go to work tomorrow as it's gotten quite late due to this marathon session. this drama is good. the story is unfolding a lil bit each epi so it doesn't feel rushed and it is interesting and addictive. takei emi is pulling off both characters in spectacular fashion and the acting by the cast overall is good. i was gonna pass this one up ...boy am i glad i didn't do smtng that stupid. lol it's arguable one of the top 3 jdramas this seasons so far.
This drama is really addictive...I'm always excited when a new episode appears + English subs...I love the story line - it is unpredictable, different settings, and the acting as well.
Thoughts after watching the first episode: Grandpa knows that the two girls switched. Also, Grandpa is one creepy person.
I absolutely LOVE this drama! Really is addictive and definitely my fave of the season. Takei Emi's acting is constantly improving with every new role she takes on. Cant believe how talented she is at such a young age. And Kiritani Kenta. Omg! Dude is epic! I'm officially in love with him <3
I have issues with the acting of some Watsuji family members in here but overall, this drama entertained me. I love the chemistry between Kiritani Kenta and Takei Emi. Takei Emi actually surprised me with her range of acting. Love it.
I'm probably going to watch this soon, but should I watch the movie first???
i just started this drama...and it's been very interesting so far...the lead girl pulls off both the characters pretty well... i want the grandfather to die already..creepy ba*ta*d!!!
SayItAintSoJoe wrote: I'm probably going to watch this soon, but should I watch the movie first???

There's a movie as well???