Some stuff that I rated 9 (no guarantee you'd like it though):

SumiTheCat:

I'll try not to repeat those already mentioned :

Akira to Akira (10/10)

Ashita no kita Yoshio (10/10)

Kieki no Hito (10/10)

Atami no sousakan (9.5/10)

Destiny like love (9.5/10)

Petero no Souretsu (9.5/10) (it's the second season of Namonaki Doku)

Wakamono Tachi (9.5/10)

I didn't mention those I rated a 9 cause there are too many.

I liked the Petero no Souretsu rec so I also tried another one Ashita no kita Yoshio. It has quite a similar feel but a little more melancholic/sad. It was a little tougher to absorb but still a very interesting watch. I thought all the characters did well.

8/10

Kaitou Tantei Yamaneko 

Mr. Nietzsche in the Convenience Store

Nodame Cantabile

Bitter Blood

Juhan Shuttai !

Hero 2

50-ji kara 9-ji made

Date - Koi to wa Donna Mono Kashira -- Saw this on your on-hold list and I hope you'll give it a try again. The following episodes are plenty of fun.

The rest on my list are already on your list. I'm glad you liked Kazoku no Katachi! That drama deserves more love!

Soratobu Kouhoushitsu 

My list is huuuuuuuge and I've watched many many Jdramas but I'm really picky. Very few dramas get a 9 or 10.

A few rare instances of high ratings:

Ghost Writer : Absolutely brilliant, each episode makes you want to  keep watching and the acting is amazing. I mean,, Nakatani Miki is in it so..

Ashita, mama ga inai : The acting is so good!! The story is so good!! It makes you cry but also laugh and it's just amazing.

Gomenne Seishun! : If you like dramas about youth and school, you might like this. It's SO funny but it also deals with topics that are not usually mentioned in dramas and that's pretty cool. Also!!!! Nishikido Ryo and Mitsushima Hikari as the main characters!!!! (they're amazing)

Woman : Mitsushima Hikari!!!!!! I love the cinematography, the acting, the soundtrack... It's just a beautiful drama. 

I hope you can find at least one that you like!!

The first one that comes to mind is the JMovie "Confessions".For this movie,the lesser you know about it,the better it'll be when you watch it.There's a reason it's a 10 in my list!

Ali_101:

The first one that comes to mind is the JMovie "Confessions".For this movie,the lesser you know about it,the better it'll be when you watch it.There's a reason it's a 10 in my list!

Confessions is a good one. Not a Jdrama, but still an engrossing film I'd recommend anyone watch.

1. Dinner (2013)
  2. Tonbi (w/ Sato Takeru)
  3. A LIFE