So I know there's been threads on this topic before, but I wanted to specifically get recommendations for jdrama, and the only one thread I saw was several years old. So - what are some of your favorites for jdramas with revenge stories? I can't get enough of these types of stories myself, like; Maou, Unfair, Saki, etc. I'm especially interested in newer dramas myself, but if there's any older dramas of the Nemureru Mori type I'm here for that too. Any recs?

Hundred Million Stars From the Sky/Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi - its an old one but is one of the best revenge drama ive seen

I would highly suggest Hanzawa Naoki which is on your PTW list, which falls from my point of view in this category of revenge dramas. 

Other ones : 

Alice no Toge

Gakkou no kaidan, in some kind of ways

Reverse, in some kind of ways too

Saigo no yakusoku (special)

Soshite, Daremo inaku natta (same kind of story than Reverse)

The quiz show (season 1 and 2, you should choose one season because the story is pretty similar in each one, just different characters)

Ryusei no kizuna

The quiz show 2

Boku no yabai tsuma

Ouroboros

Siren

Taiyou no kisetsu

W no Higeki

Zeni Geba

Taiyou no Kisetsu

Ouroboros

Siren

Soshite Daremo Inaku Natta

A Thousend Stars Falling from the Sky

Definitely recommend Ryusei no kizuna and W no Higeki because the story and the characters are good and entertaining.

Zeni Geba is a very good choice as well but kind of...  bewildering ¿? it gets more intense as episodes go on until the end which was kind of disturbing to watch XD

The Quiz Show is also good but it is way more disturbing than Zeni Geba to the point it was exhausting to watch it until the end, but if you like this genre with very tormented characters then it is a very good option.

- Jotei (if you like dramas involving hostess clubs)

- Kurosagi (Revenge is the main reason of the whole plot even though it is not really a recurring issue on each episode).

Here are some dramas that involve revenge stories but revealed later in the series.
Nou ni Sumaho ga Umerareta 
Liar Game 
Gakkou no Kaidan 
Unfair