Has anyone recommended Together With Me yet? It's hands down the best Boy Love drama I've ever watched. Light, romantic, and infinitely squee-worthy. The protags are friends off screen and it shows in their chemistry. They were first introduced as secondary couple in Bad Romance, but I suggest giving that one a miss. Both men were too stiff and awkward around each other to do their character justice. TWM is a prequel to that, the story of how they fell in love. And I think they're even planning a sequel this year because it was so popular. 

festerfaster:

Has anyone recommended Together With Me yet? It's hands down the best Boy Love drama I've ever watched. Light, romantic, and infinitely squee-worthy. The protags are friends off screen and it shows in their chemistry. They were first introduced as secondary couple in Bad Romance, but I suggest giving that one a miss. Both men were too stiff and awkward around each other to do their character justice. TWM is a prequel to that, the story of how they fell in love. And I think they're even planning a sequel this year because it was so popular. 

Is this Japanese?

I'll check it out.

Okay here are some of my faves ~

Red Balloon (series)~ This one brings up a lot of issues with being gay. I watched it with one of my gay friends and he became really emotional because it was really realistic and not all this cute shit that you normally get with BL. 

Together With Me (series)~ I am going to be honest. The plot was good but not amazing. But The main gay couple (Knock and Korn) are one of my favourite fictional ships. Plus the actors are really good friends in real life and you always see them on each others instagram stories. Also they announced we will get the next chapter of the story some time this year!

Diary of Tootsies (series)~ At first, I thought it was very stereotypical, portraying gay men to be feminine and that girly lesbians only like manly women. But it was all mainly for laughs, it turned out to be really funny! 

Sotus (series)~ Pretty good series but the second season is okay. Still recommend tho!

Method (movie)~ A lot of people have mixed feelings about this movie. But I really enjoyed it!

Two Weddings and a Funeral (movie)~ A very loveable movie!

Fathers (movie)~ The little kid in this story is so adorable!

Advance Bravely (series)~ Since the series hasn't finished airing I can't confirm that it's BL. Due to China's recent ban on gay content, a lot of people question that they have changed the plot. But it is based off a BL novel. I have read some of the translated version of the novel on wattpad and the book is really good. Technically speaking they have cut out a lot of "gay" (aka sex scenes) out of the series. And according to the novel they would have been dating right now. So be careful when watching this series, it may not be what you are looking for. But I recommend the novel tho!

HIStory: Obsessed (series)~ The HIStory stories were my introduction to BL! This is my favourite one out of the HIStory series!

Also I advise, since your new to BL, is that be very careful when watching BL from China (Taiwan is okay tho!) that have been recently been released. Due to China's ban on gay content half of the recent ones that are based off a BL novel, don't end up being BL or end with a very sad ending. However, ones that were released before the ban are very good!

I don't watch a lot of Japanese BL movies in the strict meaning of the term, but as far as movies portraying gay relationships are concerned, other than films/dramas listed above Mubanso/A Cappella is quite good? Great cast and interesting historical background, too. The story is about as heavy as it gets, though, so if you're looking for something light and fun, this film probably isn't what you want.

ReikaBleu:

Is this Japanese?

I'll check it out.

It's Thai. You can search for it in dailymotion. There's a really good Eng Sub version. 

m:

I don't watch a lot of Japanese BL movies in the strict meaning of the term, but as far as movies portraying gay relationships are concerned, other than films/dramas listed above Mubanso/A Cappella is quite good? Great cast and interesting historical background, too. The story is about as heavy as it gets, though, so if you're looking for something light and fun, this film probably isn't what you want.

Oh, thanks! I'll check this out too :)

Here's a list of queer content I've watched. ngl it's mostly Korean stuff. Also be warned, although the movie for Antique Bakery is gay, the Japanese show is most certainly not (gotta love that gay erasure). 

JawsSmall:

Here's a super cute Japanese BL series I super loved https://mydramalist.com/1412-takumi-kun-series-1-and-the-spring-breeze-whispers

Thanks I'll look into this, I'm currently watching Seven Days now :)

Just finished watching Seven Days it was good. I have a few scenes that brought up unanswered questions but I definitely enjoyed it.

Any other recommendation close to Seven Days, again, Japanese preferred. ????????

ReikaBleu:

Just finished watching Seven Days it was good. I have a few scenes that brought up unanswered questions but I definitely enjoyed it.

Any other recommendation close to Seven Days, again, Japanese preferred. ????????

Bumping Doushitemo Furetakunai (again). 

Loved Seven Days but not Doushitemo Furetakunai, perhaps because I'm so deeply in love with the original manga for DF. It can be so hard to see a favorite get adapted! That said, DF is a fantastic story with great characters, it's not cute and it feels real.

aDVANCE BRAVELY OH MY GOD bump that shii

Haeju:

Bumping Doushitemo Furetakunai (again). 

So watch this next? Movie or series?

I recommend watching "Udagawachou de Matteteyo". It actually has a really cute story and the leads have great chemistry.Here's the link if you want to check it out....... https://mydramalist.com/14051-udagawachou-de-matteteyo