Hi everyone

Posting in the Japanese drama section as I want only Japanese drama suggestions.

I  know what you're thinking- there's hundreds of these recommendation  threads why don't you go look there.  My problem is that I've now got so  many to watch  and a hard drive filled up with downloaded shows that I  don't know which to watch next.  I've added all the shows I have onto my  plan to watch list (link below) and I would appreciate your suggestions  from the list (although you're free to make other recommendations).

Update: March 2019.  Require more suggestions. No criteria/ limitations for suggestions.  But must be in Japanese and have English subtitles available.

My plan-to-watch list https://mydramalist.com/dramalist/enchantedsocks/plan_to_watch

I'd say

Tatta Hitotsu no koi, it's a romance drama 

or Toki wo kakeru Shoujo for time travel 

Saki ni Umareta Dake no Boku while set in a school it is focused on the staff not the students, there is a love story and corporate angle

Thank you for the suggestions everyone.  I think I'll go with Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo for now.  Esecially as I like Ryoma Takeuchi.  Then maybe Quartet.  Then I'll watch one of the others.

Pro Dai absolutely. 

• detective/forensic work  not
  • set in museums not
  • families with a young child not
  • education and exams.not
  • No asadoras (I only like to watch one at a time) not
  • writers not 
  • fashion not
  • a Martian artifact splitting Japan into three states not

Thanks.  I'll watch that one after I've finished some of the others.  I only tend to watch a few dramas at a time and only a couple of episdodes a week.  But I do like to mix up what I do watch.

kura2ninja:

I'd say Quartet

Quartet is my fav drama! So I def second that

I would also suggest Hotaru no Hikari- I found it enjoyable after a heavy drama

I 3rd Quartet. Orange Days is another favorite. Great acting and beautiful love story. Enjoy drama-watching ;)

1 litre of tears is a must watch!!! One of my favorite jdramas ever

kahogo no kahoko-light hearted drama. about a pampered girl who learns the realities of life with the help of the male lead. a bit romance.

Just resurrecting this thread after a year (sorry).  Need some more suggestions for what to watch next from my Plan to Watch List.  No restrictions this time.  However, do prefer a bit of variety. Thanks

I'm looking at your currently-watching list, and since you said you wanted a bit of variety, I'm picking stuff that are quite different from one's you're watching right now:

Kemono ni Narenai Watashitachi (this one's almost like a free-flowing slice-of-life type of drama; you're really not sure what's going to happen, and this drama is more about character growth--for everyone, not just the two leads--than anything)

Ossan's Love (this one is crack, good crack; everything's you're watching right now is really sober in comparison)

Tokyo Joshi Zukan (a slice of life, it basically chronicles the journey of a career-woman in Tokyo; we see her personality and her take on life changed as she moved residence from one district to the next, each representing her current aspiration and the stage of life she's in)

I second Ossan's love.

Ossan's Love- I loved the special more than the drama because it was more silly and insanely funny BUT the drama gives you more backstory and more heartwarming.

Tokyo Tarareba Musume- One of the few dramas that has a 10 from me. I was watching it and was like this is me, I am this girl lol love it when I can relate to a character in a drama.