Hey guys, so I've watched a lot of anime and kdrama but I haven't really watched any Japanese dramas. The only one I've seen is Hana Kimi, which was hilarious and is one of my favorite dramas...

So I was just wondering, does anyone know any good Japanese dramas? Whether funny or serious... I just want to watch more Japanese ones (maybe it'll help me with my Japanese - I'll be studying a semester there in sept..)

I also watched Hana Kimi, so I know what you mean :)! So, here are some of my recommendations (the first three being some of my favourite dramas regardless of the country):

Kounodori(both seasons) - medical and really soft, about ob-gyn doctors, with lots of babies and mothers and family feels (the feeeels),  I liked it even if I'm not really into medical dramas so I really  recommend it! (and every character has his own (more or less cute) story)

Sutekina Sen Taxi- comedy and slice of life, about a taxi driver who can go back in time for a little fee for his clients, all sorts of clients so all sorts of feeeeels, can go from funny to sad but always (really) good :)

Cold Case: Shinjitsu no Tobira- investigation and serious, really good, Japanese version of the Warner Bros "Cold Cas", I really liked the female lead and all the cases

BORDER- psychological and investigation, about a detective who is able to see ghosts after an accident (beware, gets darker and darker)

Hard Nut!- comedy and investigation and maths (LOTS of it, but you don't really need to be an expert to understand), eccentric female lead (really love her omg), a hit of romance, really good but the end felt rushed and not really complete (probably because there were only 8 episodes)

MONSTERS- comedy and investigation, really nice interactions (bromaaance) between the two male leads (one really eccentric) and also the other characters

Career - investigation and comedy, eccentric male lead, really funny but can also be serious

So here are some dramas I completed, if you want more information (or just talk about them) you can always send me a message! I also have a list of Japanese movies which are also good :))

Todome no Kiss and Hana ni Keda Mono 

Zettai Kareshi

Liar Game

JIN

Buzzer Beat

Battery

My first full jdrama was Kindaichi, a fun watch if you're into school and mystery!

https://mydramalist.com/9823-kindaichi-shonen-no-jikenbo-n

Here is some of more amazing J-Drama i know:

Kimi wa Petoo

Black Pean

Hana Yori Dango

HIGH&LOW

Siren is the best one I've seen. It was really well done.

Nobunaga Concerto - https://mydramalist.com/10067-nobunaga-concerto

Samurai Sensei -https://mydramalist.com/15448-samurai-sensei

since you'll be studying in japan, perhaps these two may help you learn something about their history, not exactly accurate but...yeah..give it a try both are great and fun series...

These are dramas that I liked and would def recommend. But yea its subjective if you would like them as well:

• Kazoku Game (best drama I've ever seen)
  • Quartet
  • Ikebukuro West Gate Park
  • Byakuyako
  • Hanzawa Naoki
  • Kenja no Ai
  • Koundori 1 &2 (be prepared to tear up... or cry your eyes out)
  • Mondai no Aru Restaurant
  • Last Friends

Since you are an anime fan, I recommend some of the anime/manga adaptations I like: 

Nodame Cantabile - drama and movies 

Tantei GaKuen Q

Liar Game

Please give it a try and enjoy watching...

Hey!! I love watching Jdramas :) I highly recommend - Itazurana kiss love in tokyo, sukina ga ito iru koto, 1 liter of tears,Boku, Unmei no Hito desu ,love relationship, misaki number one,Suikyuu Yankees , the 100th love with you. 

Enjoy!! and if you want more you can feel free to ask me !! :)

1. doctor x season 1 to 5
  2. gods hand teru
  3. its started with a kiss
  4. they kissed again

Here is a very looong list:

ROMANCE

Hana yori dango – it’s a must see it’s the classical Cinderella story but one of the bests ever done (2 seasons and 1 movie)

Buzzer Beat – good romance drama about 2 people that meet and fall in love but first they have to find the perfect timing for them to be together

Love Shuffle – it’s a story involving 4 couples and how they learn what love is

Pride – a classic romance drama with a mature couple who grow and learn from each other and also heal each others wounds

Tatta Hitotsu no koi – a very good romance and it’s a Cinderella story but inverse (rich girl, poor boy)

Hotaru no Hikari – this has 2 seasons and a movie, and it’s a bout a couple that has to live together due to some circumstances and gradually fall in love

We married as a job - As mentioned before this one is compared to Because this is my first life. I liked both of them but I'll have to say I liked better how they managed the "contract relationship" at the final episodes here.

Soratobu Kouhoushitsu - I like this one, because is also about 2 persons who had their dreams broken about their ideal jobs but with the help of each other discover a new passion in life.

Kahogo no Kahoko - This one is pretty sweet and lighthearted, the OTP is very cute and it centers alot on family.

Boku unmei no hito desu - This one is also pretty lighthearted, the male lead is very sweet and kind and it's totally focused on romance.

DRAMA

Byakuyako – this is a very intense drama about 2 people that met since childhood and develop a strange relationship in which both of them are united by a serious of crimes

Koizora

Taiyou no kisetsu – a romance drama but with melo in it

Soredemo, ikite yuku – this drama is also very heavy and it’s about a man whose sister is killed and the the killer’s sister who meets and falls in love with that man

Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo sakebu – kind of like Koizora and 1 liter of tears

COMEDY

Atashinchi no Danshi -

Hanazakari no Kimitachi e – reverse harem a girl crossdressing and living in a boys shcool

Ouran High school host club – reverse harem a girl crossdressing so she can be part of the school’s host club

Mei-chan no shitsuji

My Boss, my hero – this drama is hilarious and it’s about a yakuza that has to go back to highschool in order to get his high school diploma, but he has to keep his yakuza status a secret

SLICE OF LIFE

Nodame Cantabile – very good drama with romance an music it has 1 season, 2 specials and 2 movies

My girl – it’s a drama of a man that suddenly finds out he has a daughter and has to live wit her.

GTO – If you liked Dragon Zakura you’ll like this one and the following one (Gokusen) It’s about teachers and troublesome students

Gokusen

Dragon Zakura

SUSPENSE 

Maou – the best suspense drama ever!

The quiz show 2 – it’s about a Quiz show were they ask the contestants very personal questions in order to reveal their deepest secrets

N no tame ni – it’s about a group of friends that are united due to a double assassination and they hide who the killer is  

Ryusei no Kizuna – a revenge drama about 3 siblings who look for the killer of their parents before the statute of limitations ends

Liar Game – it’s about a game that involves lying a deception in order to win

Kazoku game – it’s a psychological drama about a teacher and a family and his strange ways of teaching

Kurosagi – it’s about a swindler who targets swindlers due to his personal vendetta

Black Pean - medicine and mystery involved.

SPORTS

H2 – baseball and romance united in a story about highschool life

Tumbling – a group of boys who bond through tumbling and find a dream to follow

Yowakutemo Katemasu – a different kind of underdog drama about a baseball team who challenges winning a baseball game with new strategies involving their weakness

Rookies

MOVIES

Death Note – a story about a student who finds a strange notebook, he discovers that if he writes the name of a person in that notebook that person dies from a heart attack. So he starts killing criminals. A famous detective named L swears to stop him. (2 movies)

Rurouni Kenshin – a period movie about a strong samurai and how he helps the restauration of a new era (3 movies)

Bokura ga ita -  a romance movie about a couple that meets in highschool and fall in love. It’s the story if ther love and hardships (2 movies)

Heroine Disqualified – a rom-com set in highschool

Paradise Kiss – it’s about a fashion designer and a highschool student who turns into his model and their romance starts to bloom.

Aestivalis:
reer - investigation and comedy, eccentric male lead, really funny but can also be seriou

dis is preddy 9ood 

i am enjoin id ride now 

danks!