My top picks at the moment:

Top Knife

Keiji to Kenji 

Pension Koi wa Momoiro

Somewhat mixed feelings about Kirin ga kuru and Renzoku Satsujinki Kaeruotoko. The former seems intriguing, but all my favorite taigas from the last two decades were those with plenty of comedy so I'm not sure if Kirin will be up my alley right now... Kaeruotoko feels like a theatrical movie chopped into 20-minute segments; the mood is definitely there but watching it weekly is very tiring.

Watched the first episode of Top Knife today, I really like it. 

Actually I'm quite surprised by the level of detail they show in surgeries, away are the days when people would gross out for too much brains been exposed :-) 

So technical accuracy, ego filled characters, the usual rookie doctors and the human component  too. All those are enough credentials to continue with episode 2. ;-)

After watching a few episodes of each, I can tell that my favorite is also Top Knife. Even if you're not into medical dramas, I think it's good because it deals more with social or psychological problems caused by brain damages. Furthermore, the doctors and their private lives are also interesting to follow.

My second favorite is Kotaki Brothers. It's funny, different, the actors are great and I think it's a good mirror of what the Japanese society can be sometimes  so it's easy to rely on the characters of this drama.

My third favorite is Theseus no fune. The first episode was quite disconcerting and even disappointing but the second one was quite interesting and now I'm really hooked.

I'm disappointed by Kirin ga kuru. First, the colors are too bright and you didn't have the feeling to be in a period drama. Second, the cast is not good, especially the feminine cast. When will NHK stop using young people that are famous for their faces more than their acting abilities? People who are into taiga dramas don't care about idols and stuff, they want good acting even if the actor or actress is not "beautiful".

Kisugi:
I'm disappointed by Kirin ga kuru. First, the colors are too bright and you didn't have the feeling to be in a period drama. Second, the cast is not good, especially the feminine cast. When will NHK stop using young people that are famous for their faces more than their acting abilities?

I have checked NHK page for Kirin ga Kuru the other day, and have seen the colors you're talking about. From the still images, all costumes look colorful indeed, but I don't know how it would appear on screen after the filters and so on. Is it that striking?

Anyway, our main problem right now for non Japanese resident is that we haven't yet to see any RAW episode of this taiga uploaded online....LoL

TimiZero:

I have checked NHK page for Kirin ga Kuru the other day, and have seen the colors you're talking about. From the still images, all costumes look colorful indeed, but I don't know how it would appear on screen after the filters and so on. Is it that striking?

Anyway, our main problem right now for non Japanese resident is that we haven't yet to see any RAW episode of this taiga uploaded online....LoL

Yes, the colors are very bright. Scenes that are set outside during the day look like this

(unedited tv screenshot)

I'm all for good lighting etc but it shouldn't be distracting; Kirin looks far too bright and oversaturated.

mocci:
Yes, the colors are very bright.

Wow thanks for the screenshot! Indeed, it looks too saturated....not sure if it's because of the fabric or some art director want to experiment with things...LoL The still images from the website even look much better than this

Watched the first episode of Alibi Kuzushi Uketawarimasu yesterday....  Detective drama meets quirky acting all over the place (supposed to be comedy I guess (?) ) .... just not my cup of tea.

I've a lot of winter 2020 jdrama that I want to watch..but these three are the one that I wanted to watch the most:

1. Theseus no fune

2. Koi tsudu

3. Alive

Watched the first episode of Densetsu no Okaasan today. If you watch the preview you pretty much know what you are getting into.

It's a mix (RPG meets real life sort of parody) you would hardly find in any other country probably. Just for the originality of the concept I will give it a go to the 2nd episode.

Now just watched Lunch Goukon Tantei.... and it was well... pretty bad tbh. Girl been dumped meets this super weird girl with amazing analytical powers which turns a Lunch Goukon into a mystery solving deal.... ehh...  I mean..... seriously.  It might be an acquired taste... which I'm just not into developing just yet.

i started watching Shiranakute Ii koto. It is good so far.