Hi there, happy new year!

The jdrama winter 2020 season already began and I would like to know your selection. What are the dramas that are you're really looking forward to watch?

Here is my top 3:

• Kirin ga kuru: I love taiga dramas and I was frustrated not to have one in 2019, because for me, "Idaten" was not a typical taiga.
  • Theseus no fune: the cast is great and the story, with a time slip twist, seems promising.
  • Top knife: I'm an ultimate Amami Yuki fan so I would basically watch anything she's in ^_^ I'm glad that Nagayama Kento and Hirose Alice are in there too. 

I also plan to watch 10 no Himitsu, Byôshitsu de Nembustu..., Byôin no naoshikata, Kokoro no kizu..., Kotaki kyôdai and Zetsumeshi road. I started Zettai Reddo 4 and I liked the first episode.

What about your selection?

I want to watch Kirin ga kuru too but as usual have to wait for the sub to complete which means I only could watch it in 2021 :((.... and the other 2 of your list look interesting too!

Other than that, I've been looking forward for the Monk doctor's one (i don't remember the title). Hopefully someone will sub it.

I noticed that most Japanese drama are between 10-16 episodes,  does this means that every 2 months there are new series to watch?

TimiZero:

I want to watch Kirin ga kuru too but as usual have to wait for the sub to complete which means I only could watch it in 2021 :((.... and the other 2 of your list look interesting too!

Other than that, I've been looking forward for the Monk doctor's one (i don't remember the title). Hopefully someone will sub it.

Hi Timi! Thanks for your reply. I'm also looking forward to the Monk story. The title in Japanese begins like this: Byôshitsu de Nembustu

Kurenai:

I noticed that most Japanese drama are between 10-16 episodes,  does this means that every 2 months there are new series to watch?

Hi Kurenai and thank you for your reply! 

Usually, regular jdramas have 10 episodes (sometimes 11 or 12 but it's pretty rare). Given that there is some pause between seasons, you have new dramas every 3 months.

Do you plan to watch some of this winter jdramas?

Kisugi:

Hi Timi! Thanks for your reply. I'm also looking forward to the Monk story. The title in Japanese begins like this: Byôshitsu de Nembustu

Thank you! I'm hoping somebody will sub it..

Kisugi:

Hi Kurenai and thank you for your reply! 

Usually, regular jdramas have 10 episodes (sometimes 11 or 12 but it's pretty rare). Given that there is some pause between seasons, you have new dramas every 3 months.

Do you plan to watch some of this winter jdramas?

Well, I don't know what drama are airing at the moment.  Would you recommend some Jdrama to watch ?

I've been looking the lineup today but few caught my attention. Among those:

- Kokoro no Kizu wo Iyasu to Iu Koto

- Shiranakute Ii Koto

- Girl / Haji

Kurenai:

Well, I don't know what drama are airing at the moment.  Would you recommend some Jdrama to watch ?

Hi Kurenai!

The season just started so only a few dramas were out this week. The real beginning is for next week, so I should be able to tell you more then. By the way, what kind of story do you like?

- Well written plot and good acting.

- Original plot if possible.

- I am fine with everything.

So, how are you liking those first episodes so far? 

I haven't tried any of the first episodes yet for the current line up. Has anyone already watched any, some first impressions maybe? ?

I watched Kotaki Kyoudai and 10 no Himitsu. 

Kotaki Kyoudai was a fun refreshing watch, a great cast and directing. 

10 no Himitsu, while the plot seemed interesting, the pacing made it a tiring watch on top of Mukai's lackluster acting. Not sure if I'm gonna come back for the second episode but I'm dropping it for now.

I'm looking forward to Hamura Akira. The plot seems promising and I like Shishido Kavka. 

I watched the first episode of Koi wa Tsuzuku yo Doko Made mo and it was really cute so I will be continuing!
It's a medical drama but not too medical if that makes sense. It's really more of a romcom, and the cast is great. I recommend! 

I also watched the first episode of Koi wa Tsuzuku yo doko made mo and I enjoyed it.

Just to add something not mentioned:

I'm not sure how popular it is, so I have no idea what the subbing is like but, I was pleasantly surprised by Shiranakutte Ii Koto. It starts off a little bit slow, but I think it has the right level of mystery without being an detective drama and is not over-exaggerated or unbelievable story (as many Japanese dramas can be). Yoshitaka gets to play a more natural character for once.

I can't really recommend Yurucamp, though. I thought it started off being okay, a light drama about camping, until it turned out that the actresses were playing senior high school students - which is when it got a little bit unbelievable. If you're really into the actresses or really like those dramas that are very much trying to be anime, maybe you could accept it, however I couldn't.w