Since I live in Finland I'm lucky because: J-rockers (especially visual kei) artists usually comes to Finland. In fact so many bands comes that I don't have enough money to their concerts.

So I've been their concerts:

2008:
- SINCREA x GARI (Tsukicon 2008)

2009:
- An Cafe (+ got their signatures on CD also + handshakes)
- MIYAVI
- saw a glimpse of Dio -distraught overlord- and SCREW + was at Aicles Q&A and vistlips Q&A in Tsukicon 2009

2010:
- HITT (Tsukicon 2010)
- And saw ALSDEAD and Yumachi & Aina in same con also but only Q&A and not concerts

2011:
- girugamesh
- DIR EN GREY
- kanon x kanon

2012:
- D
- LM.C
- An Cafe

2013:
- the GazettE (Upcoming)
ohh is HITT any good? i saw some promo photos of him on his facebook page where he looks like he's totally ripping off Miyavi's style from a few years ago. so i haven't really looked into his music, i figured if his look isn't original his music probably isn't either lol but i could be wrong

i haven't sen any Japanese concerts :( I almost had the opportunity to see MYV but it fell through because it was a week night and everyone who would have come with me had to work that day and the next day, and we would have had to pick the tickets up. concert was 4 hours away and the nearest ticketmaster outlet is about an hour and a half away, we figured out we probably couldn't get to the ticketmaster in time if we left after work and not everyone could get the day off. plus then driving back at night after and getting home late etc..
anyway if it had been a weekend we would have gone. i was really sad to miss it though.
i almost could have seen Vamps at an outdoor music festival also but i had no way to get there. i didn't find out they were playing until just a few days before and it was kind of too late to make plans
I've seen Dir en Grey many times---they used to come over a lot for the rock/metal festivals here in the States, and although I'm not a heavy metal fan, I've endured many long road trips to see them perform. I saw Hikaru Utada back in 2002 or so at a video game convention---they brought her over to help promote the game Kingdom Hearts. And most recently, at an anime con here in Boston, I saw girugamesh and Stereopony perform.
@ladyfaile: I also thought that but since the ticket was so cheap I decided to check him and fell in love *___* tho his not as good as MYV but he's different imo :D his lives are amazing. (MYV's are also)

@BAT: i soooo wanna see Hikki live
does it have to be japanese only? im including korean too XP
well ive seen:

RAIN/BI in NYC 2002
12012 in NJ ANIME NEXT
D'ESPAIRS RAY ANIME NEXT
Shota Shimizu NYC @ Japan Day
HALCALI NYC @ Japan Day
Dir en Grey in NYC
JYJ in NYC 2010
JYJ in NJ 2011
HYDE in CALIFORNIA 2006
VAMPS in NYC 2009
VAMPS in Baltimore 2009
VAMPS @ Warped Tour 2009
VAMPS in NYC 2010
L'Arc~en~Ciel @ Ajinomoto Stadium MAY 2011
& im planning on going to see L'Arc~en~Ciel again in NYC in 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i knew i forgot!
i also saw Utada Hikaru in NYC!!
which show was the best? :)
haha well the best was the most recent one i went to..
L'Arc~en~Ciel!!! at their 20th Anniversary Live in Japan!! it was a dream come true~
they are my FAVORITE BAND EVER<3
ive saved up so much money & finally saw them all the way in JP~
although the concert was outside & it was raining BUCKETS...it was so AMAZING. i cried so much~~
aaaaaaaaaaa I wanna see rain also *___*
ecosolutions wrote: aaaaaaaaaaa I wanna see rain also *___*

I bet you do ;) Oh wait, you're not talking about me.
lookatme wrote: I bet you do ;) Oh wait, you're not talking about me.

We're always talking about you. When we post pictures in the kissing booth thread, they're all just ways to make you jealous. You are a rockstar :-p

Regarding the actual topic of this thread, hehe, I would really like to go to a small live music venue in Japan and listen to local indie rock groups (or someone's garage while a bunch of talented artists have a jam session). I think I would enjoy that more than one stop on a huge international tour.
ToxicDoll wrote: haha well the best was the most recent one i went to..
L'Arc~en~Ciel!!! at their 20th Anniversary Live in Japan!! it was a dream come true~
they are my FAVORITE BAND EVER<3
ive saved up so much money & finally saw them all the way in JP~
although the concert was outside & it was raining BUCKETS...it was so AMAZING. i cried so much~~

this would be a dream come true for me too, to be able to go to Japan is a dream in itself, and then to see Laruku live *faints* i'm so jealous

if anyone has seen Miyavi recently or will see him before end of october (what's my name tour) let me know if he plays any older stuff or if it's just all from his last album. i know it's all like intimate small-venue sort of feeling now with pretty much just him and a drummer so i expect he won't play any of the more pop-ish songs but i would so love it if he did just a few happy bubbly songs. i love his new stuff don't get me wrong, gravity and unbreakable are amazing amazing amazing. but as much as i like his darker angstier side i also really love his cutesy bubbly carefree side :D
i saw him in 2009 :D is that recently?
haha well fairly recent yeah but different tour, did he have a full band behind him then? it would have been the kabuki rock phase ne? don't remember the name of the tour. did he do older stuff when you saw him?
it was the year Super Hero came out since he sang it.