I'm currently watching Doubtful Victory and started to get interested in korean prison life as it is presented in different shows/movies.

I also completed Defendant (and I love it soo much!) and I'm currently watching Prison Playbook (The slow progress of the subs are killing me but I enjoy the drama so far!)

I've also seen:

• Miracle in Cell No. 7
  • The Prison

And I'm looking for a drama/Movie where the Hero has to go to prison or detention center (innocent or guilty, but preferable innocent). No specific genre. Dramas like 'Monster' or 'King of ambition' where the male lead is imprisoned at some point are okay as well ^^

Thanks.

Fabricated City has that element^^  And Ji Chang Wook is in it lol I don't like Kmovies a lot but that is a really good movie ;)

Some movies with the prison theme:

• Harmony
  • Way Back Home
  • A Violent Prosecutor

Burning Ice (it's a Chinese drama) is something I have yet to watch but the summary sounded interesting :) Also Room no. 7 is a movie i'm waiting eagerly!

Aisha :

Fabricated City has that element^^  And Ji Chang Wook is in it lol I don't like Kmovies a lot but that is a really good movie ;)

Thank you ^^ I'll give it a try

Momoi:

Some movies with the prison theme:

• Harmony
  • Way Back Home
  • A Violent Prosecutor

Thanks ^^ I think I'll watch all of them.

I came in to enthusiastically recommend "Defendant", but you've already seen it! 

"I hear your voice" is a great drama about the criminal justice system but it's mostly courtroom rather than prison, and the hero does have to get out of prison part way through, but it's still great if you enjoy shows with the criminal justice system. 

Drama: Bad Guys, Heartless City, A story of a man, Secret, legendary Witch, flower in Prison (though this one is the historical one)

Movie: silmido (a must watch movie), the Merciless, way back home, maunday thursday, jailbreakers, righteous ties, silmido

W Two Worlds is mainly action / sci-fi / romance, but more than one character spends time in prison. Hello Monster also has some prison scenes that focus on parts of the prison outside of the cells (e.g. interview room, warden's office, etc.) that might interest you.

If you're open to trying something quite different, Bae Doo Na's character in Sense8 (English-language Netflix original / NSFW) has a storyline with a fair amount of time spent in korean prison. 

AH:

W Two Worlds is mainly action / sci-fi / romance, but more than one character spends time in prison. Hello Monster also has some prison scenes that focus on parts of the prison outside of the cells (e.g. interview room, warden's office, etc.) that might interest you.

If you're open to trying something quite different, Bae Doo Na's character in Sense8 (English-language Netflix original / NSFW) has a storyline with a fair amount of time spent in korean prison. 

Thank you for the suggestions ^^ but I watched all of these xD