The first girl group that got me interested in kpop was 2ne1. The first song I have heard from them was 'Fire' and actually I didn't really like it that much. I prefer 'I don't care' compared to all others.. 2ne1 got me really interested in kpop world. First boy group I discovered was CN Blue! I love Jung Yong Hwa and his talents of writing his own music! Now I listen to Kpop everyday to a broader range of singers and groups.. can't go a day without listening to them~
UR Man - SS501 was the first kpop song I've ever heard and that caught my attention
I discovered K-pop World by DBSK (Tohoshinki). On Youtube I watched live performance of their song "Love in the ice" and "Proud" and I fell in love with the songs. That made me research more K-pop songs and groups... ... and now 2 1/2 years later I am deeply into k-pop and mainly listen to k-pop... and I also ended up discovering k-dramas, and currently learning Korean language. .
SS501- Because I'm Stupid
For me the group who first made me interested in Korean music was TRAX with their song Paradox. I was totally crazy about the song, and here I am~
It was Super Junior.. I dont remember how exactly but I was already crazy about Korean dramas and reality shows, so had noticed some of their members. Then one day just randomly watched one of their songs from the links int he side on youtube. And God, how much more crazy I went! It was either 'Sorry Sorry' or 'Mr. simple'... :)
The first K-pop song I heard (besides "Gangnam Style", because that was everywhere) was KARA's "Step," which I found on YouTube last December and loved, but I really didn't get into K-pop until I heard SNSD's song "I Got A Boy" a couple months later. They're still my favorite girl group, even though I've listened to a lot more K-music since then! :D
DBSK... i was so curious because i heard that one of their songs was the song in one piece. ..they lead me to BIGBANG and now they are almost the only group i listen to.
if i heard a song i like in an ost i'd look it up (little bit o' Rain, Yb sound track, some ss501) same for japanese music, and i listened to Gackt and Buck Tick and some miyavi, but that was about it for asian music until fantastic baby came out and i saw it on kpop music monday which i watched even though i didnt listen to a whole lot of kpop at the time. Big Bang lured me in, but the illness just keeps spreading. i can name more active kpop groups than i can american pop performers...by ALOT.
Big Bang was my first group. Best group to fall in love with when starting out.
for me its this one: tae yang. there is a new album from him..
CNBlue. I stumbled across them on Youtube and I became addicted.
The first Kpop song I heard was 2ne1's "lonely". But the song which made me addicted was shinee's "Ring ding dong".
Bigbang : fantastic baby~
Crayon by G-Dragon is the first song that really made me take notice of Kpop.