blabla100:

@natchsketch

I was curious today and I did go to see what the jing's forum îs all about, but honestly beside lots of DW's pictures I didn't see much of anything else. I did LOL at the organ transplants comparation though. 

Yeah, there's nothing of real relevance. 

There is the daily insulting session, and then they go back to saying that all that matters is that YaoJing is the endgame and that we only have crumbs and "what ifs" to rely on. Add some more insults for good measure, and then post a bunch of odd-looking edits that make my eyes bleed (which reminds me of the graphic design is my passion meme)

Basically just that LOL

nathsketch:

Yeah, there's nothing of real relevance. 

There is the daily insulting session, and then they go back to saying that all that matters is that YaoJing is the endgame and that we only have crumbs and "what ifs" to rely on. Add some more insults for good measure, and then post a bunch of odd-looking edits that make my eyes bleed (which reminds me of the graphic design is my passion meme)

Basically just that LOL

For your mental health, don't go there!

Organ transplant?

@Kokuto and @blabla100

It's academic if she threw because she is sad at Jing or herself as it was a result of Jing's actions and you don't throw up blood from withholding or expressing emotion unless it's strong, in this case love.

Yes, I am very interested in knowing how can we determine who XY loves more. I am off the camp she would throw caution to the wind if he expressed himself because she went against her nature many times when he didn't confess and even pushed her away. The fact is he didn't so based on current state how do we go about determining who she actually loves more.

I believe XL because the her surrounding reminds her of him. It's on a very deep subconscious level. Examples below off the top of my head. Do you guys remember when every day things make her think of Jing?

• When she thinks about TSH 
  • When she thinks about Left Ear
  • She looks towards the east and sea often... She doesn't look towards QQ

Then again she never developed physical conditions as a result of XL like she did for Jing so how do you compare it

MengXiang:

I know!! AH says that to me all the time. Not just my mental health, I get headaches just by browsing there for a few seconds.

MengXiang:
Organ transplant?

I know, right? Hence the headaches.

@MengXiang

As far as I remember she didn't have any psyhical reaction when she found out that CX betrayed her either and CX îs for sure more important to her than Jing is, so I don't really see her psyhical conditions as being only the result of her being heartbroken over a man. I still belive she expects more from Jing than just love. 

Kokuto:
Likewise, people are blind are if they don't see that XY loves Jing.  You don't make yourself physically ill to point of throwing up blood and having heart palpitations, if you don't love someone.

For me, her blood throwing or heartache due to the split with Jing after knowing FFYY's pregnancy was not a good evidence of love for him. I agreed with @blabla100 that showed her disappointment for trusting wrong person and pitiness for herself. However, I find the scence when she was almost unconscious and Left Ear tried to make bigger fire to keep her awake (in the 2nd assasination planned by Xing Yue) and she seemed to see figure of Jing more convincing for her love for Jing. At that stage of mind, people usually don't pretend or fake their feelings (Chapter 44)

When Zhuan Xu arrived all he saw was a brightly burning fire with a bloody Left Ear beside tossing leaves and branches on the flames. Xiao Yao rested under the magnolia tree with magnolia flowers strewn around her

Zhuan Xu rushed over "Xiao Yao!"

Xao Yao turn to look at him, her vision faraway, her cheeks bright red, a sweet smile on her lips. Not since Jing died had Zhuan Xu seen Xiao Yao look so sweetly happy. In that split second he felt like an untried school boy meeting with his lover with the first time, his cheeks flamed red and his heart thundered.

He rushed over to Xiao Yao and kneeled down "I'm so sorry, I came too late!"

Xiao Yao's eyes were staring into the distance and she said with a smile "Jing, you're finally back"

Zhuan Xu paused for a split second, his smile frozen, but then he firmly picked Xiao Yao up into his arms. "Let's go home"

Zhuan Xu carried Xiao Yao onto the cloud carriage. Her body couldn't move but her face was tightly pressed to his chest 'Jing, I miss you so much, so much ... Don't leave ... don't leave..."

Zhuan Xu placed his palm on Xiao Yao's back and felt her weak heartbeat.

His face showed no signs of his exhaustion from rushing back day and night, but his eyes reflected endless sorrow. His voice remained gentle and firm "I won't leave, Xiao Yao, I won't leave! I will always be here!"

Xiao Yao listened to his firm beating heart and finally felt comforted Jing was here! Jing was right beside her.

Before the above scene, when she was more concious, she saw Left Ear, channeling to XL. She was afraid of she could not witness the development of Left Ear

blabla100:

@natchsketch

I was curious today and I did go to see what the jing's forum îs all about, but honestly beside lots of DW's pictures I didn't see much of anything else. I did LOL at the organ transplants comparation though. 

It's so obvious they lurk our threads. I bet one of them is reading my post right now :) 

They copy what we're saying on here to "refute it" and one of them even posted a screenshot of a YaoLiu's comment from the public comments section. I know we'd never do that since we know better. We wouldn't want to bring the shipping wars into the forums. I sound so mean but their forum looks so.... never mind I'm not going to say it ??

liddi:

The novel refers to it as 情人蛊. 

情人 literally means lovers in the romantic sense - there is no ambiguity there. 

蛊 refers to a poisonous bug, often used in witchcraft.

So the lovers bug 情人蛊 is unequivocally meant for a couple who are in love with one another.

Thanks liddi. Nice to know the exact translation. ^^

liddi:
I am actually surprised the lovers bug is still a point of contention when its very nature should be one of the most indisputable elements of the story.

I remember thinking back when the drama was still airing how it was lucky that the bug was such an unambiguous and irrefutable form of evidence that XL loved XY so early on the story (and knew that he loved her), because I thought that people would definitely question the nature of his feelings without the bug if we were left to judge solely based on his demeanor, actions and words at that point in the story. And also that XY had love in her heart for XL too. I didn't think too much at that point about exactly what kind of love XY felt for XL when the bug was first transferred to him. Sometimes I feel like all the intense scrutiny around romantic love vs. platonic love ends up creating the impression that platonic love is necessarily "less" than or inferior to romantic love, which IMO is an unfortunate take. 

For me, the bug is irrefutable evidence that XY had love in her heart for XL from very early on. I'm also convinced that her heart felt, in chapter 32, that XL/FFB was the person she most wanted to spend her life with. I feel like, even if all their moments of longing and UST were taken away and only a deep zhiji relationship built on platonic love was left, I would still find their relationship deeply compelling. 

H19279:
@AH, I find your fic truly matching Tong Hua's message. In my opinion, XY would continue her life (with Jing), enjoy her time abeit her hidden yearning for XL. If one day she found out what XL had done for her, the secret inside the big belly doll, she might feel relieved that she was not a pawn in his chess plan and their relationship was mutual love, not transactions. However, she would still cherish what she had been having and would make the best out of XL's sacrifice for her by having a meaningful, eventful life. I really like the ending of your fic.

@AH: I like your fic so much that I decided to translate it into my native language. Just finished the first draft. If you allow, I may share the fic on fan group for XL-XY (with proper credit)

Oh wow! A translation is unexpected and very flattering. Thank you for asking about sharing. I am okay with sharing the translation with credit. Maybe with a link in case a reader wants to cross reference the English version? (I may be projecting there ^^). 

And I'm glad you liked the ending. ^^

Kokuto:
I prefer to say that AH respectfully beats me over the head with evidence and I respectfully cling to my XL drama motivations and headcanons. ;p

Oh dear. I know you're not being super serious here Kokuto, but seriously I don't ever want my enthusiasm for supporting a particular point to make anyone feel like they're receiving a metaphorical brow beating. Sorry if I ever did make you feel that way!

For the record I view the different takes shared in this thread as a fun discussion between friends and fellow fans, all on the same side. <3

nathsketch:
I applaud AH for having the patience to go there every now and then and try to explain things with enough evidence to convince even the most stubborn person ever, but they usually just choose to ignore everything.

I like seeing and discussing other perspectives from time to time. Sometimes it helps identify gaps or inconsistencies in my perspective. Then I usually revisit the source material and either find more evidence to support my original view or end up adjusting my view. Which hopefully results in a better understanding at the end of the day.  

I share excerpts and my thoughts there when I feel like it might be helpful or lead to a reasonable discussion. Sometimes there's engagement, sometimes not. It's not the end of the world when there isn't engagement. It's probably a good thing in some cases. "No comment" is preferable to an unproductive argument or insults. 

liddi:
Her interactions with Fangfeng Bei would be starkly different compared to him as Xiang Liu on Jade Mountain. Ohh... so many possibilities! Please do let us know if you ever feel so inclined to make this another fanfic! 

There are definitely a lot of concepts and "what if" scenarios like this that will live in my head for a long time, but I don't think I'll ever turn them into fics. Right now I can't see myself writing more, but since I wasn't expecting to write the first one "never say never".

MengXiang:

I keep telling her... ^^"

nathsketch:
I know!! AH says that to me all the time.

Can confirm!

AH :

Can confirm!

Now I can't even go to the main comment section because the Jingers are also there. I'm feeling trapped. I think I'll go lock myself inside Xiang Liu's shell for all eternity. Don't come knocking hahahaha

AH :
I share excerpts and my thoughts there when I feel like it might be helpful or lead to a reasonable discussion. Sometimes there's engagement, sometimes not. It's not the end of the world when there isn't engagement. It's probably a good thing in some cases. "No comment" is preferable to an unproductive argument or insults.

I applaud you for your patience and maturity. I could never go on that forum and post there after what they said about us.

AH :
Oh dear. I know you're not being super serious here Kokuto, but seriously I don't ever want my enthusiasm for supporting a particular point to make anyone feel like they're receiving a metaphorical brow beating. Sorry if I ever did make you feel that way!

For the record I view the different takes shared in this thread as a fun discussion between friends and fellow fans, all on the same side. <3

That was totally said with love and humor.  I wouldn't come here if I didn't want to experience the evidence and knowledge as well as different opinions and interpretations.  I love your enthusiasm, knowledge and posts, even when we don't agree.  It is nice to have a good back and forth discussion.  I just wish I could keep up with the posting.

To borrow a favorite phrase to beloved Ru Shuo ...

"I admire you.  I admire you."

Kokuto:

That was totally said with love and humor.  I wouldn't come here if I didn't want to experience the evidence and knowledge as well as different opinions and interpretations.  I love your enthusiasm, knowledge and posts, even when we don't agree.  It is nice to have a good back and forth discussion.  I just wish I could keep up with the posting.

To borrow a favorite phrase to beloved Ru Shuo ...

"I admire you.  I admire you."

I think you mean cursed Ru Shuo, right? LOL