@HeadsInTheClouds

Yea, I get your point, I am not saying you're wrong, but I am just not feeling it this way.  XY as WXL wasn't involved in the war and knew nothing about CX's plans, yet she made the observation about yellow emperor gaining grounds since the beginning, chapter 4. For sure XL knew even better that the clock had already started to ticking for his army. 

Chapter 4

"Xiang Liu ignored him so Xiao Liu just spoke out loud “Since Little Zhu Rong took over running the Middle Plains, I hear the Middle Plains are starting to be well managed. The Yellow Emperor will eventually deal with General Gong Gong. The power structure in this world can’t be reversed, and definitely not by the will of one person. I suggest you take off sooner rather than later. "

Fast forward to chapter 5 and we get the same observation from WXL. The countdown had already began for them, regardless of CX getting the throne or not.  

"The wheels of history were already turning but they remained stubbornly rooted in place, with their arms outstretched trying to turn the wheels back. But they were people that time has forgotten, they are going against the tide, and they were destined to be obliterated."

liddi:
Yes am considerably less frazzled looking now, though am regressing back to that stage with visitors to the house, visiting families, and the loud, rambunctious gatherings in each house! Not complaining though... it is a precious time to get together, especially this year, with most of the family and extended families flying home for the New Year.

Hi Liddi,

That sounds very similar to Lunar New Year celebration in my native country too. I miss such busy but precious moments with friends and family so much. 

Happy Lunar New Year, the year of Dragon to all who celebrate this event!

blabla100:
Yea, I get your point, I am not saying you're wrong, but I am just not feeling it this way.

That's cool. I'm aware that there are many things that we disagree on in interpretating the story :-)

WXL is allowed his/her opinion on the matter. I don't take WXL's observation to be some kind of gospel truth or that things must or will turn out that way. Do people stop trying because the odds against them failing are bigger than succeeding? And does everyone who tried despite the poor odds end up failing? History is littered with examples of nations who tried against awful odds to repel foreign invaders. I'm sure these people also heard that their efforts are futile, but they don't give up. Some succeed, some don't. And like I said, I don't see the situation at the beginning of the story as set in stone for the Resistance Army and I also think that Cang Xuan is a major catalyst that shifts the tide strongly. Without Cang Xuan, things might have turned out very differently. 

Ultimately, XL and XY's views on what is good enough for their relationship differed. XL might not have been able to offer "forever", but a few hundred years would have been seen as acceptable for him. The issue is that XY weighs everything on the scale of gains and losses. XL can offer 300-400 years vs. Jing giving her 1000 years. XY chose what Jing could give her and that is what killed their relationship. I believe Xiang Liu had every intention to be with her as long as he could.

blabla100:
Yea, I get your point, I am not saying you're wrong, but I am just not feeling it this way. XY as WXL wasn't involved in the war and knew nothing about CX's plans, yet she made the observation about yellow emperor gaining grounds since the beginning, chapter 4. For sure XL knew even better that the clock had already started to ticking for his army.

Exactly.  WXL was NOT involved in the war and knew nothing about CX's, or anyone else's, plans. So those are WXL's very uniformed and biased opinions.  WXL has been hiding for centuries and has zero spies or interest in world politics and hasn't a clue as to what the court politics are ... such as the Uncles being reduced to two, who are doing everything possible to assassinate CX.  She doesn't even know where CX is or who Tushan Jing is.  She doesn't know that the middle plains and Haolin have been supporting the Resistance Army in secret all along.

And XY was raised to believe in the might of her grandfather and the inevitability of his conquest.  Who, btw, was "one person who reversed the power structure of the world."  He took his small mountain clan and made it an empire that conquered the middle plains.

I'm not saying that the Resistance Army was on the verge of winning everything.  They were definitely the underdogs and not capable of launching a full scale war.  But they weren't doomed to be obliterated either -- until CX miraculously became the heir, and then the Emperor.  That is what threw the political and military stalemate completely off balance.

blabla100:
Also, în the same scene, after he got the message from FFY telling him that the mission on CX is complete, he tells XY that she shouldn't worry about the bug anymore because CX will die before having the chance to leave QS Town, so to my understanding what he did there was trying to kill 2 birds with a stone, having CX killed and getting rid of the bug. 

Yes, it seems that the drama added the line "Even so, forcibly planting it will lead to endless troubles. Not only are they unable to join their hearts together and share the same fates/lives, but the poisonous bugs may retaliate against them and harm their lives." to clarify his action of killing CX without endangering WXL's life. 

I had wondered in the past why he decided to kill CX; If CXhad been killed then WXL would have died too because of the bug. However, it seems that their life fates were not connected if the bugs had not been planted properly (as shown in the leake script)

liddi:
. Back then, I was able to remove the bug from Cang Xuan only because he did not willingly accept the bug, so you never properly planted the bug in him in the first place.

It is also worth to mention the method that XL and FFYY used to kill CX. FFYY shot the arrow to right chest (not the heart side) using normal wooden arrow. The poison which coated on the arrow tip aimed to prevent the blood coagulation and CX would die because of blood loss. Therefore, it minimized the pain and damage to the organs. For sure, he had considered potential influence on WXL because he didn't know for sure that WXL might still suffer the pain from CX's wound to cetain extend since this was love poison bug (not the normal bug).

And the oath that XL wanted WXL to vow in exchange of his help to remove the bug actually involved joy and happiness. Does it sound like a promise of committment in love/marriage relationship?

@HeadsInTheClouds @kokuto

I  personally take what WXL said at face value, sort of TH's giving us some background through WXL words. I don't know, I am also into subtleties, hidden meanings and all these stuff, but I feel that analyzing this part of the story is just overthinking it. 

@H19279

"And the oath that XL wanted WXL to vow in exchange of his help to remove the bug actually involved joy and happiness. Does it sound like a promise of committment in love/marriage relationship?"

Can you elaborate a bit on this matter? Wasn't the oath meant to make XY do a thing for XL în the future? Honestly, if you ask me, I belive that what he had in mind is similar to what he asked of her în chapter 43. He went along to help her find MiaoPu în return for her promise that she will keep on living regardless of Jing's death. 

H19279:
And the oath that XL wanted WXL to vow in exchange of his help to remove the bug actually involved joy and happiness. Does it sound like a promise of committment in love/marriage relationship?

I think we talked about this before that this oath was more about what would happen if she broke the vow implicit in the Lovers Bugs - one-hearted love and devotion for a lifetime; akin to marriage vows.

@H19279

"I had wondered in the past why he decided to kill CX;  If CXhad been killed then WXL would have died too because of the bug. However, it seems that their life fates were not connected if the bugs had not been planted properly (as shown in the leake script)

And giving the timing - he tried to kill CX just right after he spoke to the veteran about the bugs 

and giving what he told WXL - don't worry about the bugs anymore, CX will die before having the chance of leaving QS Town

can't this be view as an attempt to get rid of the bug before having no option but accepting t?

blabla100:

@H19279

"I had wondered in the past why he decided to kill CX;  If CXhad been killed then WXL would have died too because of the bug. However, it seems that their life fates were not connected if the bugs had not been planted properly (as shown in the leake script)

And giving the timing - he tried to kill CX just right after he spoke to the veteran about the bugs 

and giving what he told WXL - don't worry about the bugs anymore, CX will die before having the chance of leaving QS Town

can't this be view as an attempt to get rid of the bug before having no option but accepting t? 

yes, this way, he could take full control. and It is more prefered because of several advantages compared with uncertainty of waiting for WXL's request.  WXL was a very independent person. There was no certainty that WXL would ask him about the method, and then ask him to take the bug. 

@Kimiya78

If you say that Xiang Liu always remembers Xiao Yao saying that he is not suitable to enter her dream, it is because he once had hope for it, this actually makes sense:-). However, as a man who fell in love with her, Xiang Liu was evaluated by her as "falling in love with you is worse than death", I'm afraid it would be difficult for him not to think about it all the time. Maybe this is the most heartbreaking sentence he has ever heard in this life, and it is more unforgettable than all the remarks about the nine heads put together. Maybe he also hears this from time to time when he has nightmares at night...

Others have already answered your questions above, I just want to add one point. Yes one reason why Xiang Liu threw Xiao Yao off the tree was to take revenge on her for painting on his face, and there's another reason. It's that when he had already expressed his willingness to help her solve the brothel problem, Xiao Yao said, "I don't need your help. I'll find someone else to help me." This statement that clearly distanced herself from him made him jealous and angry. New and old grudges were added up, he decided to punish her...

And, sis, it suddenly occurred to me, is it because there is something wrong with the translation of the subtitles you are watching that you feel confused? Which website did you watch it on? You know, there are some dramas in this world, half of their subtitles are made up by the translators themselves...

@Kokuto

Yes, Xiang Liu knew that Xiao Yao loved him, but at the same time, Xiao Yao "showed" that she cared more about Jing. And Xiang Liu probably didn't know, or wasn't sure that the love bug would punish disloyal people, so he probably thought that he was just Xiao Yao's second choice, like Xiao Yao had always been telling herself. By the way, in the drama, only from what I remember, Xiang Liu jealously mocked Xiao Yao four times for caring about Jing. If he believes Xiao Yao loves him more, why does he care so much? "When you were thinking about someone", "Who else could you see just now besides Tu Shan Jing?", "How do you know what I was thinking about?", "Who else could be besides Tu Shan Jing?", "Of course you remember. That was Wen Xiao Liu's Ye Shi Qi. How could you forget?"

@H19279

God, this is literally a paper with analysis, references and summary... Although I prefer my version of the story, thank you very much for your analysis! Very enlightening!

ZYHLJ:
And, sis, it suddenly occurred to me, is it because there is something wrong with the translation of the subtitles you are watching that you feel confused? Which website did you watch it on? You know, there are some dramas in this world, half of their subtitles are made up by the translators themselves...

Well I typically watch the dramas first in my native language translation/sub then in Eng, well I don't think the translation had problem anyhow the website of the Eng sub is sub2fm.
Well tbh I'm not confused but OVERTHINK a great deal which need to cut it out :)
Btw Which specific part you think I feel confused?

Kimiya78:

Well I typically watch the dramas first in my native language translation/sub then in Eng, well I don't think the translation had problem anyhow the website of the Eng sub is sub2fm.
Well tbh I'm not confused but OVERTHINK a great deal which need to cut it out :)
Btw Which specific part you think I feel confused?

"he mentioned sth about like killing sb. I did not get that he would kill whom for who exactly?" - This looks like a translation problem.

By the way, thank you so much for favoring my analysis about the drama. Forgot to mention it above... I'm really flattered! =3=