insideout91:
in drama they said us his army didnt respect or care about him and even despises  for being demon so its hard too say.

Are you referring to the scene in episode 6 where XL overhears two soldiers talking?

That scene doesn't happen in the novel. In the drama, CX had said that he still had several men in hiding that had infiltrated XL's camp. Maybe this is too much of a stretch... but it's possible that the soldiers that XL overheard were not actually real Sheng Nong remnant army soldiers and were instead men under CX's command who were undercover and trying to stir dissent in the camp. They were specifically complaining about the security measures XL implemented to counteract the spies, and called XL overly suspicious. 

Even if they were real Sheng Nong remnant army soldiers, they might be outliers. In episodes 7 and 8, XL clearly cares about his soldiers. Their deaths are clearly not just a logistical issue to him. Which makes me think that the majority of his soldiers do not share the attitudes of the ones that XL overheard in episode 6.

insideout91:
His adoptive father saved him, but does it mean he should serve him all life and die for him, that war not XL's war? XL also saved XY, judging from this logic she should be on his side her whole life

XL initially went to fight for Gong Gong to repay his debt. But then... as XY puts it:

Yet a certain Nine-headed demon actually willingly went to him, perhaps initially it was to repay a debt, but then Gong Gong truly bonded with him so adopted him as a son. One could repay a debt, but the bonds of love and affection are impossible to ever fully repay.

--- 

XL's relationship with Gong Gong mirrors XY's relationship with CX. Their loyalty is unwavering and based on deep affection and mutual reliance through hardship (where it felt like they were two people against the world), and not reliant on debts ties or romantic love.

insideout91:
I still think as I think, because if XL loved himself and think he deserve happiness he will fight for his hapiness!

A person can choose a path that does not cater to their personal happiness even if they are not someone who believes that they do not deserve love.

CX chooses to pursue power even though he knows it means giving up on pursuing his own personal happiness. I don't think he believes that he is unworthy of love.

insideout91:
but he never live for himself (i cant consider his life as FFB as very happy, because drama didnt shows it, all we saw him as assassin as FFB)

I do wish the drama had shown us more of the time he spent as FFB being XY's ordinary companion. Hiking. Exploring castles. Shopping and picking out different scents. Eating out. Visiting dance halls. Archery practice. We did get to see some instances of these moments, but it didn't really convey the amount of time they spent together and how close they got.

I definitely believe that XL was mostly very happy when he was XY's companion at that time.

insideout91:
i love that story sooo much!! I hope drama will include it

insideout91:
I also wish we can see Gong Gong and his bond with XL, even in flashbacks.

I really hope we see these things in S2. 

insideout91:
But its all about reading between lines..

Lol, yes that's the novel reading experience in a nutshell. 

insideout91:
didnt want talk to him when saw him again

XL was the one who hid away and didn't see her first when she woke up. 

insideout91:
when she discovered she can breath underwater she joking she hates him

When he didn't tell her that she could breathe under water and let her think that he was forcing her to choose between drowning and kissing him for air again, rejected her kiss, laughed at her, and made her feel humiliated... 

insideout91:
we should imagine that inside she grateful or something like this , but i want to see it, not imagine everything

I would really love it if they showed us every detail behind the ice crystal ball in S2 because it is the physical embodiment of her feelings. But I am not optimistic. 

AH :
I would really love it if they showed us every detail behind the ice crystal ball in S2 because it is the physical embodiment of her feelings. But I am not optimistic. 

I will hoping for it, but i also think drama doesnt want show XY feelings to XL that much, because for drama logic its not good when FL likes more then 1 man, or at least at same time))  

AH :
I do wish the drama had shown us more of the time he spent as FFB being XY's ordinary companion. Hiking. Exploring castles. Shopping and picking out different scents. Eating out. Visiting dance halls. Archery practice. We did get to see some instances of these moments, but it didn't really convey the amount of time they spent together and how close they got.

that one soooo nice!!! its sad we didnt got it 

AH :
When he didn't tell her that she could breathe under water and let her think that he was forcing her to choose between drowning and kissing him for air again, rejected her kiss, laughed at her, and made her feel humiliated... 

lets pretend its didnt happen ahahah

AH :
Are you referring to the scene in episode 6 where XL overhears two soldiers talking?

I remember there was other scene when XY said him that, why he fight for his that people.. but maybe im wrong, but i consider if drama shows us some moments they want we think like that 

AH :
Yet a certain Nine-headed demon actually willingly went to him, perhaps initially it was to repay a debt, but then Gong Gong truly bonded with him so adopted him as a son. One could repay a debt, but the bonds of love and affection are impossible to ever fully repay.

i really really hope we will see something like this, because I love that moment so much, when XL called is adoptive father  a fool and can see how he cares about him

insideout91:
I remember there was other scene when XY said him that, why he fight for his that people.. but maybe im wrong, but i consider if drama shows us some moments they want we think like that

Oh this scene?

---

Xiang Liu ignored him so Xiao Liu just spoke out loud “Since Little Zhu Rong took over running the Middle Plains, I hear the Middle Plains are starting to be well managed. The Yellow Emperor will eventually deal with General Gong Gong. The power structure in this world can’t be reversed, and definitely not by the will of one person. I suggest you take off sooner rather than later. Actually, you’re just a demon, and a loathsome nine-headed one at that. With those snobbish Gods of the Sheng Nong tribe, in their eyes you are……you are less than nothing. Why do you have to worry about the Sheng Nong rebel army. What can you get by following General Gong Gong? Do you like power? Then why don’t you betray Gong Gong and cast your lot with the Yellow Emperor……….”

---

Yeah XY was definitely speaking without knowing anything here. I'm glad she apologized for it later.

insideout91:
i really really hope we will see something like this, because I love that moment so much, when XL called is adoptive father  a fool and can see how he cares about him

Unfortunately the drama has already depicted this part the same way the novel does: just by showing XY thinking about it, rather than showing XL reuniting with Gong Gong and becoming close enough with him to become his son.

But hopefully we will still see some kind of scene or flashback with the two of them in S2.

AH :
Actually, you’re just a demon, and a loathsome nine-headed one at that. With those snobbish Gods of the Sheng Nong tribe, in their eyes you are……you are less than nothing.

yep that one! I started think that i imagine this myself)) 

I just hope we will get more good scenes with XL to compensate sad ending 

insideout91:

https://x.com/KEIRAN0523/status/1705501269165764652?s=20 

new Teddy Bear photo!! )))

??????

Kokuto:

Halp!!  My big dog is climbing onto my laptop!

Now he's grabbing my hand with his mouth.

I don't think he wants me online.

Ahahahaha Is that Champloo?

insideout91:

https://x.com/KEIRAN0523/status/1705501269165764652?s=20

new Teddy Bear photo!! )))

Oy vey, imagine being a teddy bear lololol

List of things I never thought I'd want to be:

Yang Zi's neck

A white shirt

A microphone

And now, a teddy bear.

I wonder what's next.

Kokuto:

Saw this on twitter, changed the names, and it was MEEEEE!

Bruh there's shared trauma with Xiaoyao and Xiang Liu but they are not the end game right?  I am already in a bucket of tears yo and its only ep 3??? AND ALSO ON THE WRONG SHIP ?? FML 

Lol how can this person be on episode 3 and already in a bucket of tears? Hahahahaha that must be a new record

Also, the ship isn't wrong. The ending is. *drops mic*

ErickaRamirez:

You have been spending so much time here and watching Tan’s videos so it’s obvious that he is demanding attention. And he internally is saying, mommy since that guy appeared in your life you are continuously neglecting me ???

Ahh hahah that's so true.

My cat would be scratching the screen to try to get my attention. They are so needy hah

nathsketch:

Oy vey, imagine being a teddy bear lololol

List of things I never thought I'd want to be:

Yang Zi's neck

A white shirt

A microphone

And now, a teddy bear.

I wonder what's next.

I miss your simp comments ???

Kokuto:

LOL!  The gif we didn't know we needed.

Eeeuww

Ahahahahah cuuuuuute

nathsketch:

Ahh hahah that's so true.

My cat would be scratching the screen to try to get my attention. They are so needy hah

??

Elise:

they're excited for season 2 the most because it's that fox's time to shine! He got his happy ending because it was XL that made it possible ?

Yo, that's so low of me, but I was watching TTEOM with my mom the other day and every time that DW's character appeared I kept screaming at the screen and she had no idea why. So I tried to explain it and she's now like "do you want to skip the boring fox scenes?" Lol my mom is such a treasure hahaha

insideout91:

I miss your simp comments ???

Hahahaha simping is an understatement lololol