AH :
I know it's not what anyone wants to hear... but he had multiple lives to spare. He didn't want to be saved. If someone had saved him, it would have ruined everything he planned... the end he chose for himself.

I know he didn't want anyone to save him. He said himself a soldier's best end is to die on the battlefield. I just wanted him to live. I don't care if that's not what he wanted for himself ??‍♀️

Kokuto:
Wow. Another great parallel I didn't pick up. Thank you!

Like I said above, this wasn't really a story of happy endings. But yes, as a XL fan, I wanted more for him.

Yep this. Oh well, at least he lived in alternate universe ??

Kokuto:

Saw this on twitter, changed the names, and it was MEEEEE!

Bruh there's shared trauma with Xiaoyao and Xiang Liu but they are not the end game right?  I am already in a bucket of tears yo and its only ep 3??? AND ALSO ON THE WRONG SHIP ?? FML 

The shared trauma ? I found this quote from redemption-revenge on Tumblr and it's so accurate:

"xiang liu and xiao yao is the story of two children who were locked in cages and fought their way out, who killed their captors, who were supposed to be enemies but fell in love anyway, who have fun hanging out together, whose blood saved each other's lives, who both choose their familial duty over their love for each other but keep suggesting to run away together even if they both know it's impossible, who have this absolutely devastated look on their faces when they lose and find each other, and they love each other but they give each other up in the name of making each other happy and. tragic doomed ship of all time."

nathsketch:

Yo, that's so low of me, but I was watching TTEOM with my mom the other day and every time that DW's character appeared I kept screaming at the screen and she had no idea why. So I tried to explain it and she's now like "do you want to skip the boring fox scenes?" Lol my mom is such a treasure hahaha

ahahaha I'd do the same thing if I was watching something of DW's with my mom. lol poor DW ? I watched a small clip of Miss the Dragon and he has so much chemistry with the second female lead and I actually liked his character there.

Elise:

The shared trauma ? I found this quote from redemption-revenge on Tumblr and it's so accurate:

"xiang liu and xiao yao is the story of two children who were locked in cages and fought their way out, who killed their captors, who were supposed to be enemies but fell in love anyway, who have fun hanging out together, whose blood saved each other's lives, who both choose their familial duty over their love for each other but keep suggesting to run away together even if they both know it's impossible, who have this absolutely devastated look on their faces when they lose and find each other, and they love each other but they give each other up in the name of making each other happy and. tragic doomed ship of all time."

I love it !

Elise:

So well written!!!

Elise:

That's a great paragraph, until the end.  I'm not sure how XY giving up XL was supposed to make him happy?  Quite the opposite.

ErickaRamirez:

❤️https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPR7YKyqq/

I love his voice.  He captures so much emotion there.  I know that's from Ashes of Love, but I haven't seen it.  I'm going to track down the song from the OST, though I have a hard time believing it will sound like that.

Kokuto:

I love his voice.  He captures so much emotion there.  I know that's from Ashes of Love, but I haven't seen it.  I'm going to track down the song from the OST, though I have a hard time believing it will sound like that.

Ashes of love is one of my favorite Xianxias plus Deng Lun is a churrito ??

ErickaRamirez:

Ashes of love is one of my favorite Xianxias plus Deng Lun is a churrito ??

It's on my list.  My long, long, long list.  I think the only thing I've seen Deng Lun in is Xin Yang Master: Dream of Eternity.  And he was very good in that.

insideout91:

https://x.com/KEIRAN0523/status/1705501269165764652?s=20

new Teddy Bear photo!! )))

imagine:

https://mydramalist.com/photos/pJywr_3 another teddy bear you would want to be...

He's so adorable!  He keeps his inner child alive.

ErickaRamirez:

?? FFB/XL

The other two deplorable, disgusting, Machiavellian, nasty needed to die on episode 1https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPR7YGDys/

The best thing about this video is the line, "Like a BOSS in battle."  

But for poor nathsketch, definitely keep putting warnings on these Season 2 shows.  ;p

ErickaRamirez:

Tan and Dylan ?https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPR728h6b/

I repeat my request for a Tan Jian Ci and Dylan Wang buddy cop / spy movie.  I think it would be great fun!

Kokuto:

I repeat my request for a Tan Jian Ci and Dylan Wang buddy cop / spy movie.  I think it would be great fun!

That would be awesome. They had such a great chemistry. For me they are besties in real life ??